PDA

View Full Version : silly cutting trick . . it helps me though :)

beaverfootball
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
ok ok don't laugh..but i stumbled on this by accident. I went to pick up some mouth wash at dollar general the other day and they were out of the Listerine stuff i usually get. So, i got the dollar general brand. It was a huge bottle for only a dollar so oh well..

anyway i tried this stuff last week and wow...it feels way strong than Listerine and if you do it at night before you go to bed, it doesn't wear off until the next evening/night. Which, if you're cutting, is really helpful because everything taste like crap and you don't wanna eat anything :) I find it way easier to stick to my diet when nothing taste good and i can't get the "just brushed" taste out of my mouth.

VikingWarlord
12-10-2007, 04:05 PM
So...are you drinking it or just using it as prescribed?

deeder
12-10-2007, 04:27 PM
So...are you drinking it or just using it as prescribed?

:whazzup:

VikingWarlord
12-10-2007, 05:01 PM
I hope he's not actually drinking the stuff. It'd be pretty damn funny though.

left hook
12-10-2007, 05:08 PM
This makes as much sense on paper as my wrestling friends "spit weight" plan where they spit all day to lose weight...but don't knock it till you try it I guess.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
You're an idiot if you're drinking the mouth wash...especially when it has warnings on the label to call the poison control center if accidentally swallowed. I can't tell from your post whether you're drinking it or just using the mouthwash for the taste or whatever.

Notorious
12-10-2007, 05:21 PM
lol, where did you guys get that he's drinking it? I think he's just saying that the minty feeling makes everything else taste bad, which makes you not wanna eat.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
^^

If that's what he means, then I agree. I can't eat directly after using mouthwash. Using mouthwash too often can be bad for your teeth, though.

yankeekd25
12-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Funny you bring this up. When I was cutting I used to brush my teeth extra early. I never eat after I brush my teeth. Like you said, the taste of food after brushing is nasty. Toothpaste is def. a great appetite suppressant.

VikingWarlord
12-10-2007, 05:58 PM
lol, where did you guys get that he's drinking it? I think he's just saying that the minty feeling makes everything else taste bad, which makes you not wanna eat.

But that's not really "silly". The only thing I could think of that fits that description would be drinking it.

No idea why anyone would think it was a good idea, but people come up with some dumb, dumb, dumb **** while trying to lose weight.

deeder
12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
This makes as much sense on paper as my wrestling friends "spit weight" plan where they spit all day to lose weight...but don't knock it till you try it I guess.

That's actually a great way to lose weight. I dropped about 3lbs that way before my last meet (along with about 7lbs in a sauna). It's a lot less hard on your body than sitting in the sauna.

mikey4402
12-10-2007, 06:13 PM
That's actually a great way to lose weight. I dropped about 3lbs that way before my last meet (along with about 7lbs in a sauna). It's a lot less hard on your body than sitting in the sauna.

Haha yeah i had a buddy in highschool that did that too lose weight before his meets. He would also do it with chew lol

McIrish
12-10-2007, 07:05 PM

You spit out three POUNDS of water in a day? Isn't that something like half a gallon of water?

beaverfootball
12-10-2007, 10:23 PM
easy guys... I'm not that dumb. NO you don't drink the stuff..... its mouth WASH

meaning...you wash your mouth with it. and now about once every two days is good enough

deeder
12-10-2007, 11:39 PM
You spit out three POUNDS of water in a day? Isn't that something like half a gallon of water?

2.2lbs/liter

I spent about 3 hours sucking on sour starburst and spitting into an empty water bottle on the drive out to Winnipeg.

Cirino83
12-11-2007, 07:51 AM
easy guys... I'm not that dumb. NO you don't drink the stuff..... its mouth WASH

meaning...you wash your mouth with it. and now about once every two days is good enough

Damn, that must be some strong ass stuff.

AKMass
12-11-2007, 11:36 AM
ok ok don't laugh..but i stumbled on this by accident. I went to pick up some mouth wash at dollar general the other day and they were out of the Listerine stuff i usually get. So, i got the dollar general brand. It was a huge bottle for only a dollar so oh well..

anyway i tried this stuff last week and wow...it feels way strong than Listerine and if you do it at night before you go to bed, it doesn't wear off until the next evening/night. Which, if you're cutting, is really helpful because everything taste like crap and you don't wanna eat anything :) I find it way easier to stick to my diet when nothing taste good and i can't get the "just brushed" taste out of my mouth.

So what's the brand? I doubt every dollar mouthwash is the same...

smokinHawk
12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
my friend went on what he called his liquid diet, where he would go out drinking every night and end up throwing up from over drinking, he said he lost 15 pounds in a month.

VikingWarlord
12-11-2007, 06:19 PM
my friend went on what he called his liquid diet, where he would go out drinking every night and end up throwing up from over drinking, he said he lost 15 pounds in a month.

That gets expensive. I went on a "diet" sort of like that for a couple of months about a year ago. Was hoping to experience liver failure, but it never happened. Just got really good at driving to work hung over.

beaverfootball
12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
DG is the brand name...black letters in a yellow box.

and yes its some very strong stuff.

deeder
12-11-2007, 08:53 PM

Water diets work well too ;)

I always super-load water for a couple weeks before a meet. Around 2 gallons a day. Sure I get real bloated by the end of the day but I'm constantly full so I don't eat as much and it seems to make it easier to drop water the day before the contest.

AL_DA_GREAT
12-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I do this with tooth paste. Now that I am cutting I brush my teeth 5 times a day.