PDA

View Full Version : need another squat form critique

redivote
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
guys, tell plz plz what you think about my critique
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0KZx2BYn1o
i think im doing ok, beside that little rounding
some people said to me that im not going down wrong-they said that i put to much on the glutes in the begining and than going down in a straight line and that is wrong
they told me to do some kind of a butt round, like this guy is doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_p8MIn05mM&feature=related

what do u think about my form, and about what the people said to me???
tnx

Detard
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Your hips are tucking under at the bottom of the squat. If you search around here you can find sensei's Squat RX videos where he talks about correcting this in one of them.

Now throw some weight on the bar and take another video. Anyone can squat with perfect form at light weights.

redivote
12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
that wasnt really light weight, it was a set of 8 after 2 heavy sets of 5...
and still that pretty good weight for me

krboyd7
12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Dont know if its just me, but it seems wierd the way you dip your ass into the squat.

deeder
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Dont know if its just me, but it seems wierd the way you dip your ass into the squat.

Yup...

You have a very mechanical squat... Like every action is forced. Here are my tips:

1. Narrow your stance. If you're going to go ATF like that then your hips will thank me in the long run.

2. Don't push your ass so far back before you start descending. I'm willing to bet that you end up really bent over with heavy weights.

3. Film your heavy squats next time.

berfles
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah, you still look extremely "uncomfortable", like you just kind of pop into various positions on the way down. You're leaning forward as far as you can before you have to bend your knees, and that makes them "pop" back. It looks very odd.

redivote
12-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Yup...

You have a very mechanical squat... Like every action is forced. Here are my tips:

1. Narrow your stance. If you're going to go ATF like that then your hips will thank me in the long run.

2. Don't push your ass so far back before you start descending. I'm willing to bet that you end up really bent over with heavy weights.

3. Film your heavy squats next time.

so your saying, in the begining of the squat i should give less ass back and bend the knees from the begining?? and in the middle take the ass back as far as i can??

about the stance, my heels are about shoulder width, or maybe a bit wider...narrow that?
tnx

deeder
12-11-2007, 01:06 AM
so your saying, in the begining of the squat i should give less ass back and bend the knees from the begining?? and in the middle take the ass back as far as i can??

about the stance, my heels are about shoulder width, or maybe a bit wider...narrow that?
tnx

Yes, I am saying you should bend your knees. What exactly are you trying to accomplish by bending over before you start squatting anyway? You're not really pushing your ass back until your knees break anyway.

If your heels are shoulder width you should be on stage with Jay Cutler. Your feet are near that edge of that platform. How can that be shoulder width?

Your knees look like they are caving in and your ass ducks under a little at the bottom of your squat.

Sensei
12-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Your hips are tucking under at the bottom of the squat.I agree.

Make sure you are staying tight throughout. You could try some isometric work at the bottom of the hole with or without weight - again, stay tight and really focus on maintaining that arch as much as possible.

It looks pretty good to me overall. Not perfect, but you're maintaining pretty good positioning, keeping the weight on the heels, good depth. Good job.

redivote
12-12-2007, 05:50 AM
thanks all