PDA

View Full Version : just thot id slap this out there..

Torrok
12-10-2007, 03:55 PM
so these can be used for good protein and cutting. quick to make and really good. just a easy high protein bar for anyone who needs it:

-5 scoops choc. whey protein(i use body fortress)
-2 cups dry oats(used quaker)
-1/4 cup peanut butter(used jiff)
-1 cup skim milk

just throw it all in a bowl and stir till its all blended, then pour it in a square pan and stick it in the fridge.
when it was done i cut it into 5 bars, each have:
-312 calories
-31g protein
-30g carb.
-11g fat

Bohizzle
12-10-2007, 07:09 PM
did u just stir it with a spatula or with a mixer? Did they feel powdery at all from all the protein powder? I'm definitely going to try it out though.

Andrew

getfit
12-10-2007, 07:12 PM
wow! I love that, sounds yummy!

Torrok
12-10-2007, 07:23 PM
did u just stir it with a spatula or with a mixer? Did they feel powdery at all from all the protein powder? I'm definitely going to try it out though.

Andrew

yeah just use a spatula or a big spoon. and acutally the powder dissolves into the mix very well :)

McIrish
12-15-2007, 01:31 PM
The only problem with that "no-bake" brownie is that it won't store well outside of the fridge at all... the milk will go nasty if you attempt to take that with you for snacks at work, etc. Otherwise looks tasty!

Notorious
12-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I tried something similar and it didn't hold too well (but I don't think I used as much peanut butter).

Do these hold together well outside of the fridge?

Bohizzle
12-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Tried this last night! Mine didn't turn out quite hard enough, but I didn't use enough PB as I ran out, os next time I do it, I will use more and see if it turns out hard. Thanks for the recipe man!

Andrew

samadhi_smiles
12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
only problem with these is that the uncooked oats give me horrible gas :p