PDA

View Full Version : New at weightlifting - what to do w/ diet?

john14:5-7
12-10-2007, 07:16 PM
i am a senior in high school. ive wanted to start weightlifting for a long time, but never have because ive always thought i was too small, or was intimated by other friends of mine, had other priorities, and so on...
well, now that my priorities and time are more open (im not in a band anymore...which was very, time consuming) i really want to start lifting and get cut and built before i get off to college.
im by no means obese or overweight. im about 6', 150 lbs +/- a couple any given day. i played basketball all through middle school and junior high to my first couple years of HS, then i transferred and quit playing, but like i said im in shape.

i asked a question on the lifting part of this forum, but ive also got a question about the dieting...
my friend nate who lifts a lot, who is a soph in college, gave me exercises to do and told me to get this weight gainer protein, and to eat a lot, and that id get big. that is all the advice ive gotten.

help, anyone?

Torrok
12-10-2007, 07:20 PM
http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

lean proteins

1. Egg whites (whole eggs in limited quantities)
2. Whey or Casein protein (protein powder supplements)
3. Chicken Breast
4. Salmon (wild Alaskan)
5. Turkey Breast
6. Top round steak (grass fed beef)
7. Flank Steak (grass fed beef)
8. Lean Ground Turkey
9. Bison/Buffalo
10. Trout

natural starchy carb and whole grains

1. Oatmeal (old fashioned)
2. Yams
3. Brown rice (a favorite is basmati, a long grain aromatic rice)
4. Sweet potatoes (almost same as yams)
5. Multi grain hot cereal (mix or barley, oats, rye. titricale and a few others)
6. White potatoes
7. 100% whole wheat bread
8. 100% whole wheat pasta
9. Beans (great for healthy chili recipes)
10. Cream of rice hot cereal

try limiting ur diet to these foods as much as you can, there is a list of "what a bodybuilder should eat" around somewhere on these forums but basically all of this, and then a few others

trim_jim
12-18-2007, 03:31 AM
You must be balance in your diet. Eat fibers and carbs to help you develop your body mass. Just lift in moderate weights and remember to double your loads to develop the progress of your body.