PDA

View Full Version : Protein Bars

chromium6
03-12-2002, 06:35 PM
Hey Guys. I Currently have added Major protein to my diet ( TUNA, CHICKEN, TURKEY. etc. I also Take Met-Rex Protein Plus Shakes Once a day Pre-Workout. I stopped in a 7-11 after work and Bought a Met-rx Protein Plus Bar, In my honest opinion, THEY HAVE THE WORST TASTE!!!!! Does anyone know of a good protein bar??? I am looking for Great taste, along with A variety of Flavors.

My second question is about FIsh. I wanted to add fish to my diet. I was wondering,

1: What are some good protein enriched, along with healthy Fish Choices?

2:What is the best way to cook fish??? I have heard Broild, Now HOW DO YOU BROIL FISH????? I know where my broiler is on my oven, But that thing Burn's everything in a matter of minutes!!! What do I do???:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Hung Lo
03-12-2002, 07:59 PM
The only good tasting protein bar that I have found is the "Cookies and Cream" flavor by I think EAS. I could actually eat these all day.

jell999
03-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Designer whey arent bad...
Powerbar Protein Plus are good...
Nitro tech has some good flavours out there...

Sorry man, cant help you with the fish. :)

Marcel
03-12-2002, 08:46 PM
1. I don't like protein bars and would rather down a shake or of course real food. I've tried the metrx before and they taste aight...

2. canned salmon is most ace.

Jane
03-12-2002, 09:05 PM
what flavor metrx protein plus did you try?

chocolate chocolate chip is one of the better ones

chromium6
03-12-2002, 09:11 PM
You know what I had the Moc Ball ( Something like that)

Sebi
03-12-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by chromium6
Bought a Met-rx Protein Plus Bar, In my honest opinion, THEY HAVE THE WORST TASTE!!!!! Oh no! Just oredered 120 bars. pfff..... :cry:

Jane
03-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Sebi
Oh no! Just oredered 120 bars. pfff..... :cry:

Don't worry yet, this type of stuff is individual. I for one cannot stand anything with the word "cheesecake" in it, be it real cheesecake or synthetic protein rectangular cheesecake.
I think MetRx Protein plus is the best we've got around here, actually. Except for the chocolate flavor is not too great.

Marcel
03-12-2002, 09:17 PM
120 facken bars!??!?! really?!?! which flavor?

Sebi
03-12-2002, 09:23 PM
Really, really. I always have to order bigger amounts, because of the shipping costs. I think it was some kind of chocolate flavour. Never tried them before. So it doesn't taste good, you say?

Jane
03-12-2002, 09:25 PM
The chocolate chocolate chip flavor=good, imo.

The chocolate flavor=not so good, but ok

Marcel
03-12-2002, 09:26 PM
I think they taste good. I've tried the chocolate ones and they were very good. If ya like chocolate then you won't be dissapointed.

For the most part I would eat them if I was on the run and didn't have food available at the moment.

Sebi
03-12-2002, 09:26 PM
I've checked. Here it is:
10 Protein Plus Bars, Chocolate Fudge, 12 bars

Marcel
03-12-2002, 09:29 PM
I've tried those before and like them.

*hands Jane a chocolate chip flavored bar and I eat the chocolate fudge bar*:)

Jane
03-12-2002, 09:34 PM
sweet! good trade, marcel. :D
sebi, yeah that flavor's alright, I think you'll like it

chromium--fish are great! eat all the fish you can get your hands on :) There's currently a trout shortage due to some rebellious activity going down in upper new york, but get some salmon and tuna in ya right away. :) I hate the stove and all cooking so I prefer to get canned tuna or salmon to mix with salads, cottage cheese, or vegetables.
Don't know much about broiling, but I think it is when you put the fish towards the top and it is cooked from the top heat source so that it does not dry out too much. Pretty simple really, just look around online for some good recipes. I've heard that the foil-packet envelope thing works well also.

Sebi
03-12-2002, 09:34 PM
OK, I can relax now. :)
Thanks.

Sebi
03-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Jane-
Yeah, fish is always good.
Over here I don't think it'll be too hard to get any kind of fish. ;)
I also can eat it RAW! :D

TFXP-Zeke01
03-12-2002, 09:40 PM
I was told to stay away from the "protein bars" when on a low, low carb diet like the "CKD". I was explained why, but I don't think I could ever repeat what that dietician told me. LOL!! I'd need schooling to get that detailed; so I'll just say, "don't eat them", if on a ketogenic style diet. Keep to whole foods.....

Cue-Ball
03-12-2002, 10:30 PM
Try out the PowerBar Pure Protein bars. They don't have quite as much protein as the MET-Rx or EAS bars, but they taste so good i almost feel guilty about eating them. Peanut butter and chocolate are my fave.

Qea
03-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Worldwide Pure Protein Bars in blueberry cheesecake taste freakin' awesome!

MET-Rx's chocolate maltball made me gag

:hump:

EMan
03-13-2002, 01:42 AM
I don't recommend PowerBar's Protein Plus bars

One bar has 39g of carbs.. and those are most ceraintly simple sugars.. VEWY VEWY bad. (if you're cutting that is)

mesmall
03-13-2002, 04:53 AM
I recently have gotten some Zone Perfect bars from Sav's store and I must say they are awesome!! :)

nate allan
03-13-2002, 08:54 AM
The best tasting bars(and I have tried alot of different kinds) are by far in my opinion premiere protien bars, either the blueberry cheesecake or strawberry choculate moose, they taste almost exactle like real candy bars.