PDA

View Full Version : FOX news, keeping america healthy.. or confused....

jdeity
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316477,00.html

See, I told you guys, olive oil and tuna fish, they're just bad fer ya :tuttut:

brihead301
12-13-2007, 01:18 PM
I agree with everything except for the olive oil and tuna. NO S*** Olive oil is high in calories and fat, that's why we friggin eat it. It's good, unsaturated fat though, not trans-fat. You need fats in your diet, and you need lots of calories when bulking, right? Olive oil seems to be a great source for that.

And about tuna, NO S*** it becomes fatty and high in calories if you add a ton of mayo. If someone didn't already know that, they should get their ass kicked. Eat that s*** out of a can, and it's damn close to fat free and super-high in protien.

The fact that those "protien bars" and frozen dinners are bad for you is nothing new. All you have to do is read the ingredients and see that you don't know what 75% of the s*** is that's in it to know that it's not good for you.

That article is stupid.

BFGUITAR
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I agree with everything except for the olive oil and tuna. NO S*** Olive oil is high in calories and fat, that's why we friggin eat it. It's good, unsaturated fat though, not trans-fat. You need fats in your diet, and you need lots of calories when bulking, right? Olive oil seems to be a great source for that.

And about tuna, NO S*** it becomes fatty and high in calories if you add a ton of mayo. If someone didn't already know that, they should get their ass kicked. Eat that s*** out of a can, and it's damn close to fat free and super-high in protien.

The fact that those "protien bars" and frozen dinners are bad for you is nothing new. All you have to do is read the ingredients and see that you don't know what 75% of the s*** is that's in it to know that it's not good for you.

That article is stupid.

Its even scarier when you know the ingredients :outnumber:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-13-2007, 02:28 PM
The media, the magazines, the books, the lies...

This is why our country is full of fatties. Misinformation, coupled with either sincere stupidity or laziness. Some people really try to make an effort... sometimes I've seen for YEARS... but they've been fed the wrong information. :bang:

BBB
12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
The media is keeping America fat IMO.

Invain
12-13-2007, 02:50 PM
The tuna part is so rediculously stupid, whoever wrote that article deserves to die. I almost feel bad for fat people in America. We're almost to the point where it's not quite all their own fault because they've been fed such ****ty information all their lives.

If I took that article seriously, I'd be eating nothing but salad every day.

Torrok
12-13-2007, 03:39 PM
LOL good ol america, im sure this is exactly what our "forefathers" wanted america to be like. lmao

yeah the crap about the oil and tuna is retarted, those are a need.
and ive actually found some great protein bars so screw that article

Deuce
12-13-2007, 04:03 PM
You guys have to realize that this article is not written for body builders. Olive oil may be good to an extent. And may be good when trying to add calories to a bulking diet but for most people it should be used sparingly because it is calorie dense. The article does a good job of pointing out that does have good fats but just warns that it is calorie dense. The thing about tuna is also well spelled out. It never says anything about tuna itself being bad. It simply points out that when getting a tuna sandwich at restaurants it is usually loaded with mayo, a not so healthy thing. I used to think getting a tuna sub at subway was some what healthy until I found out how much mayo was added to their tuna. You guys are overreacting in my opinion.

Slim Schaedle
12-13-2007, 04:30 PM
The minute they start touting certain foods as being "bad" I call it a ****ty article.

Average Joe Shmoe-targetted or not.

How about they start educating how certain foods/macronutrients can fit in a diet instead of regurgitating the same old unhealthy food list crap.

This is the same old don't-eat-that, it's-bad-for-you **** with a slight twist to it.

RhodeHouse
12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
There is so much HORRIBLE info out there it is hard to filter thru it. However, one small fact still remains, and I'll stick by this. People are just plain lazy. You can get away with eating bad food and not get fat. You have to workout like a maniac, but it's absolutely possible. The trouble is, the "experts" tell a lot of these people that they have something wrong with them. Thyroid, genetics, heart rate monitors, target heart rate zones, and all that crap.

Just work you butt off and you'll make some great progress. As far as bad eating goes, that's easily solved as well. "PUT THE FORK DOWN!" You can eat crap and lose weight. Don't stuff yourself. Once you're full, STOP EATING, FATTY! Americans are pretty stupid and lazy. I blame the Democrats. Since I have no clue about politics, I feel I have the authority to blame them for all the problems in America. Kinda like little guys telling me how to get big.

While I'm on my rant, the same goes for this whole steroid thing in sports. So much HORRIBLE misinformation. The media is the devil. They should all be lined up and shot.

But, back to the article - bad article.

Invain
12-13-2007, 05:28 PM
The steroid thing burns me even more.

My last two papers for a literature class were about False dieting information in the media and over-hype over steroid use. I could write for hours about something that really pisses me off.

TopCat
12-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Kinda like little guys telling me how to get big.

Wait WAIT WAIT. You mean to tell me your not a small guy? I must of missed something around here...:angel:

"PUT THE FORK DOWN!" You can eat crap and lose weight. Don't stuff yourself. Once you're full, STOP EATING, FATTY! Americans are pretty stupid and lazy.

I couldn't agree more. Marketing really does have control over a lot of people that simply don't know any better. Furthermore, I bet many people would not only like to lose some lbs or gain some strength, but would learn to enjoy controlling there body.

I'm sure many other people on this website could say they enjoy their time in the gym. Before I really started making progress I loved the rest days. Now however, what do I want? Not rests days, I want to freaking deadlift.

Itsnotaboutme
12-19-2007, 04:12 PM
LOL good ol america, im sure this is exactly what our "forefathers" wanted america to be like. lmao

yeah the crap about the oil and tuna is retarted, those are a need.
and ive actually found some great protein bars so screw that article

Yes because this is what george W really looked like

http://lifehacker.com/assets/resources/2006/08/washerboard%20style%20abs.png

Rusty
12-19-2007, 04:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedentary

But it must be the olive oil...................

smokinHawk
12-20-2007, 11:00 AM
did anyone really read the article?
all it states is that olive oil is high in calories, which it is,
for tunafish isnt bad, but they mention the mayo people put on is.

all the article tries is to get people to see everything they are putting into their body and eating excess calories is what makes people fat.

jdeity
12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
article is titled '10 healthy foods that aren't healthy'. It completely tries to paint the specific foods as the issue and not instill a sense of the real factor - calorie balance. Eating bad foods isn't going to make you as unhealthy as eating WAAAY too much of a quantity of healthy foods. Also they mention foods that are healthy and refer to them as unhealthy, which further fuels the common fallacy eating fat foods makes you fat - NOPE! It's eating too much food that makes you fat, end of story :)