rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:15 PM
These are some pics of me at 124 lbs...

rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Continued

berfles
12-13-2007, 06:25 PM
You realize you're uploading thumbnails of larger pictures right?

rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
And me at 151 lbs...

omen6
12-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Where's the pics of you at 151?

omen6
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
aha ****, right as I posted that you posted the pics, my bad!

PS. Saw the pics, you definitly put on weight, but it looks like alot of it is fat (not trying to offend!)...what does your routine/diet look like?

rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:39 PM
151 lbs continued.... I wanna continue bulking till I graduate in May. I am 23, and about 5'8-5'9. Any comments or suggestions? I wrote in the new members section when I began. I had been really skinny all thru high school and college, so this whole bulking thing is a first.

rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:43 PM
I try to fit in about 5 meals a day
Breakfast- Oatmeal
Lunch- 4-5 chicken filets
Snack- Fetticini, or 3 chicken strips
Dinner- Chicken
Snack- varies
I also drink a protien shake before and after bed.
I lift MWF, mixing up my workout, but hitting back, lats, biceps, triceps, abs, quads, hamstrings, and calves.

rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
aha ****, right as I posted that you posted the pics, my bad!

PS. Saw the pics, you definitly put on weight, but it looks like alot of it is fat (not trying to offend!)...what does your routine/diet look like?

I actually wanted to put on some body fat, I was incredibly boney before, and looked sickly, so I wanted to add some body fat to round out my face etc. As lame as that might sound

omen6
12-13-2007, 06:53 PM
I actually wanted to put on some body fat, I was incredibly boney before, and looked sickly, so I wanted to add some body fat to round out my face etc. As lame as that might sound

No, I know what you mean. In your second set of pics you can deff. see muscle compared to your 124 pic. Just keep eating good/lifing heavy/resting!

Also, im curious, why don't you do any chest/shoulder workouts?

rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Sry, I do, I do bench, military press, pushups, incline bench, seated rows, all kinds of stuff for those...

rtrose
12-13-2007, 07:43 PM
other suggestions?

j_man_honda
12-13-2007, 08:01 PM
You definately look like a different person in the second set of pics. If I was you, I would stay at 150-155 for a while and lift heavy. Try to turn some of your fat into mass, then bulk again. Good job putting on those 27lbs. though:)

berfles
12-13-2007, 08:10 PM
You definately look like a different person in the second set of pics. If I was you, I would stay at 150-155 for a while and lift heavy. Try to turn some of your fat into mass, then bulk again. Good job putting on those 27lbs. though:)

Can turn fat into anything ;)

rtrose
12-13-2007, 08:48 PM
funny thing about the fat, I didn't ever anticipate it being a problem, I always saw myself as a typical hardgainer ectomorph, I stayed in the 120's pretty much my entire adult life, untill this year, the most i ever weighed was about 131-132. My ultimate goal right now is to get as big as possible, then cut. I'm not so concerned with the fat at this point, because I think I can probably shed it relatively fast, but then again, I have never had to shed fat before. hahaha... Can you turn fat into anything?? hahahahahahahahaha! I would like to get up to around 180 and see how that looks. Again, I am not so afraid of the beefy look, and my belly isn't so big in the morning, as it is at night after eating a ton! haha. My jeans are all still 29 inch waist, and I wear them daily with little problem, the only place they are tight is on my thighs.

omen6
12-13-2007, 09:02 PM
other suggestions?

Man I'm in the same boat as you. I was 130-135 for sooo long, then after working out for a few months now I'm 151lbs. And the better thing is I've gained very little fat- I just make sure I eat right (I eat alot of nuts, tuna, meat, pasta, fruits, drink MILK!!) and I lift heavy. My routine is like

Mon: Chest/back
Tues: Legs/Shoulder
Wed: off
Thurs: (same as monday)
Friday: (same as tuesday)
Sat: Off
Sun: Off

That way everything is getting worked twice! I'd reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me (ectomorph). Also, I squeeze in a couple bi/tri/trap excercises whenever I feel like it.

Another thing, I'm on a weight gainer, its by Ultimate Nutrition and its called ISO Mass Xtreme Gainer- it works veeeerrrryyyy good. Its got 640 cal. in it with very little fat and sugar. As well as 65 g of protein (whey, egg, etc.) and as a bonus, 7 diff. types of creatine. The guys at Popeyes said it was the best gainer they have, so I'd definitly reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me.

edit: heres a link to the gainer

http://www.a1supplements.com/Iso-Mass-Xtreme-Gainer-10-Lbs.-p-17009.html

jAy_Dub
12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
I try to fit in about 5 meals a day
Breakfast- Oatmeal
Lunch- 4-5 chicken filets
Snack- Fetticini, or 3 chicken strips
Dinner- Chicken
Snack- varies
I also drink a protien shake before and after bed.
I lift MWF, mixing up my workout, but hitting back, lats, biceps, triceps, abs, quads, hamstrings, and calves.

Looks like you need more fats and carbs, and wheres the fruits and vegetables?

Do something like this...
Meal 1: Shake consisting of 1 cup oats, 1-2 tbsp olive oil, 2 cups skim milk, 2 scoops whey
Meal 2:4-5 Chicken fillets, brocolli (or anything green you like), brown rice/baked potato
Meal 3: Protein shake in milk/water and some mixed nuts, and w/e fruit you like
Meal 4: Chicken with some type of vegetable and complex carb like brown rice or whole wheat bread/whole wheat noodles
Meal 5: Same as meal 1

You'd have to guage how many cals you need because this would be a ton for a 150 lb guy so you might want to cut it down in some places like half a cup of oats instead of 1 cup in the shake and what not.

Good luck

Madden Freak
12-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Man I'm in the same boat as you. I was 130-135 for sooo long, then after working out for a few months now I'm 151lbs. And the better thing is I've gained very little fat- I just make sure I eat right (I eat alot of nuts, tuna, meat, pasta, fruits, drink MILK!!) and I lift heavy. My routine is like

Mon: Chest/back
Tues: Legs/Shoulder
Wed: off
Thurs: (same as monday)
Friday: (same as tuesday)
Sat: Off
Sun: Off

That way everything is getting worked twice! I'd reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me (ectomorph). Also, I squeeze in a couple bi/tri/trap excercises whenever I feel like it.

Another thing, I'm on a weight gainer, its by Ultimate Nutrition and its called ISO Mass Xtreme Gainer- it works veeeerrrryyyy good. Its got 640 cal. in it with very little fat and sugar. As well as 65 g of protein (whey, egg, etc.) and as a bonus, 7 diff. types of creatine. The guys at Popeyes said it was the best gainer they have, so I'd definitly reccommend it to you as its working pretty good for me.

edit: heres a link to the gainer

http://www.a1supplements.com/Iso-Mass-Xtreme-Gainer-10-Lbs.-p-17009.html

rtrose please dont follow this routine, all this guy is doing is asking for himself to get overtrained and you do not need that

Bako Lifter
12-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Sry, I do, I do bench, military press, pushups, incline bench, seated rows, all kinds of stuff for those...

What's your routine look like?

markdk86
12-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Take the advice of the experienced people, because you got yourself fat.

bhsf2006
12-14-2007, 12:01 AM
even if you gained some fat, you still look waayyyyy better then before. nice job man.

Lumiel
12-14-2007, 02:23 AM
You look much better than before... now gain 30 more pounds, and make sure you're getting enough protein.

Detard
12-14-2007, 03:45 AM
When posing, try to SPREAD your shoulders apart. Instead of pulling your shoulder blades together, try to spread them apart and a little forward to bring out your lats. You may need to work on your posture aswell. Look at your side shot. Your shoulders are sitting way back and it looks really awkward. Nice job on gaining 27lbs. If it were me, i'd maintain at around 160 for a couple months and then bulk up again.

omen6
12-14-2007, 05:01 AM
rtrose please dont follow this routine, all this guy is doing is asking for himself to get overtrained and you do not need that

how am I overtraining? I work each part twice a week, only 3 diff. excercises a day per body part, 3x6-8 reps...thats not overtraining...plus I've got three days of rest! Also each of my workouts is around 45 minutes (fitness class) and I don't have to 'rush' through it or anything. Why do you say it's overtraining?

RedSpikeyThing
12-14-2007, 08:46 AM
great progress! I'm with detard. Maintain ~160 for a few months and give your heart a chance to catch up!
To those saying "he got fat": Do you really think he should be doing a slow bulk at 5'8" 120 lbs?

hulkinout
12-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Hulkin' out huge dude! As a former 135-lb'er, I understand how exciting it is to watch your body change and grow over time.

The fact that you gained close to 2 lbs a week is fantastic. Many guys would need a year or even two to gain 27 lbs. Six months from now, you might be a hulked-out 200 if you keep up this pace! :-D

Keep up the good work, keep it goin'...and growin'!

PelleK
12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
very nice progress m8 :)

Madden Freak
12-14-2007, 04:37 PM
how am I overtraining? I work each part twice a week, only 3 diff. excercises a day per body part, 3x6-8 reps...thats not overtraining...plus I've got three days of rest! Also each of my workouts is around 45 minutes (fitness class) and I don't have to 'rush' through it or anything. Why do you say it's overtraining?

so working your chest, back, legs, and arms etc. etc. twice a week is gunna give you a better chance to grow and get sronger or bigger whatever your goal maybe..not a chance, once a week is all you need remember your muscles need optimum rest between your workouts so they can prepare themselves for the next time you damage them

example-you work your chest on monday, then wait till the next monday to work that muscle group again and it goes for the rest of them, what makes you think that your muscles will be ready for another intense workout if you just beat the piss out of them two days ago?

berfles
12-14-2007, 04:47 PM
so working your chest, back, legs, and arms etc. etc. twice a week is gunna give you a better chance to grow and get sronger or bigger whatever your goal maybe..not a chance, once a week is all you need remember your muscles need optimum rest between your workouts so they can prepare themselves for the next time you damage them

example-you work your chest on monday, then wait till the next monday to work that muscle group again and it goes for the rest of them, what makes you think that your muscles will be ready for another intense workout if you just beat the piss out of them two days ago?

Who said he's going balls to the wall on both days? Some people like once a week, others like splitting it up twice a week. It's debatable and depends on the person.

Detard
12-14-2007, 04:49 PM

Your an idiot. Dont give stupid advice stating it like its engraved in stone.

You can hit the same muscle twice a week but it is suggested that you do one max effort and the other is either dynamic or repitition.

BBB
12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I agree - great progress - you look way healthier than in the first set of pics. So what if some of it's fat.

I would like to know one thing...How fast did you put on the weight?

fpr
12-14-2007, 08:14 PM
good progress. chest seems to be lagging the most.

omen6
12-14-2007, 09:20 PM

I'm sorry but you're an idiot. My body is fine with my workout, im not dying or sickly ill after my week of lifting, I feel fine. Just because you wouldn't be able to work each part twice doesn't mean I cant. And I'm not "beating the piss" out them twice a week, one day I lift really heavy then the other is lighter with different excercises. Like the other members said, don't give advice like its the only way to do it, people's bodies are different bud.

PS. thanks Berfles and Detard for helping explain to this guy what I'm trying to get across.

Madden Freak
12-15-2007, 10:18 AM
No my friends I am not an idiot. keep doin what your doin and see how far it will get ya buddy

jAy_Dub
12-15-2007, 10:53 AM
No my friends I am not an idiot. keep doin what your doin and see how far it will get ya buddy

Yeah bud, you're a ****ing idiot!!!!

haha

Gabrielle
12-15-2007, 12:20 PM
I think you are on the right track. Keep doing what you are doing

Sidior
12-15-2007, 01:23 PM

How do Oly lifters make such great progress if they do full body workouts often times twice a day almost every day of the week?

Madden Freak
12-15-2007, 01:32 PM
How do Oly lifters make such great progress if they do full body workouts often times twice a day almost every day of the week?

I understand that but do u think this kid is workin out at that level...I dont

RedSpikeyThing
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM

Yeah, I've heard Bill Starr's 5x5 routine is pretty crappy because it's a full body workout three times per week :rolleyes:
And I guess those Westside guys don't know **** either.

Madden Freak
12-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Your an idiot. Dont give stupid advice stating it like its engraved in stone.

You can hit the same muscle twice a week but it is suggested that you do one max effort and the other is either dynamic or repitition.

Damn dude if your head gets any bigger than it already is your gunna have to turn it sideways to get through doors my friend

Madden Freak
12-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I've heard Bill Starr's 5x5 routine is pretty crappy because it's a full body workout three times per week :rolleyes:

yea i dont think they do either im glad im not the only one who thinks that

Sidior
12-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I understand that but do u think this kid is workin out at that level...I dont

You haven't seen his overall routine at all. It is more than possible to train your body twice a week and not overtrain. It all depends on overall volume and intensity. Saying his routine is ****ty without knowing this isn't very helpful.

Unfortunately. chances are he is training balls to the wall and doing 8 exercises a bodypart twice a week.....making you right :(

omen6
12-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Damn dude if your head gets any bigger than it already is your gunna have to turn it sideways to get through doors my friend

Says the guy who supposedly knows everything there is to know about working out and is smarter than anyone in this thread. Why do you think so many reccomended routines are based on working each muscle twice a week? because it doesn't kill you, it works (assuming your not going ALL OUT each day, then maybe it'd kill you haha). Seriously bud, what do you think is gonna happen to me? I've already MADE gains, my body is responding well to working each muscle group twice a week, so...shut the phuck up:thumbup:

omen6
12-15-2007, 01:44 PM
You haven't seen his overall routine at all. It is more than possible to train your body twice a week and not overtrain. It all depends on overall volume and intensity. Saying his routine is ****ty without knowing this isn't very helpful.

Unfortunately. chances are he is training balls to the wall and doing 8 exercises a bodypart twice a week.....making you right :(

haha no man this guy isnt right, I'm training each body part with 3 excercises twice a week. Meaning each muslce group gets trained with 6 excercises after one week- not that much.

omen6
12-15-2007, 01:45 PM
yea i dont think they do either im glad im not the only one who thinks that

OMFG hahah...no you're not an idiot:withstupi:

Madden Freak
12-15-2007, 01:46 PM
shut the phuck up:thumbup:

not gunna happen sweetheart

Madden Freak
12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
OMFG hahah...no you're not an idiot:withstupi:

I hope your ****** ass thinks of me the next time you lift

Sidior
12-15-2007, 01:55 PM
haha no man this guy isnt right, I'm training each body part with 3 excercises twice a week. Meaning each muslce group gets trained with 6 excercises after one week- not that much.

Well then, keep doing what you are doing!

Glad to hear it bro.

omen6
12-15-2007, 02:04 PM
I hope your ****** ass thinks of me the next time you lift

I dont follow...
seriously dude, this thread is about the TS's bulk, so lets just leave this ****. You are closed minded. I will post pics in a few month's, Ill even PM you them incase you don't see the thread. You'll see what eating good, resting and MY ROUTINE will have done for me. Peaceeeee:cool:

jAy_Dub
12-15-2007, 04:20 PM

My roommate was doing Bill Starrs Routine but its only one exercise for each muscle per day, 3 working sets. Omen here has 9 working sets per muscle, twice a week making a total of 18 working sets a week... Sounds like a lot to me.

omen6
12-15-2007, 05:44 PM
My roommate was doing Bill Starrs Routine but its only one exercise for each muscle per day, 3 working sets. Omen here has 9 working sets per muscle, twice a week making a total of 18 working sets a week... Sounds like a lot to me.

18 working sets, but one day I go heavy, the other day I go light. Like, for the first day its chest/back. I go heavy chest, light back. Next chest/back day I go light chest, heavy back. It all works out good!

rtrose
12-19-2007, 02:54 PM
well, I won't be able to workout for the next month because I will be traveling everywhere for my Christmas obligations, plus the gym I use is at school. How fast does it take muscles to attrephe? (spell check). As for me being fat, I don't think anyone I know would ever call me fat... hahaha. Plus, after being ugly skinny, I wanna get big and if some fat is involved, I am okay with that. I do plan on continuing my training/ lifting till my graduation in May, and my plans are to see how big I can get.

bjohnso
12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
well, I won't be able to workout for the next month because I will be traveling everywhere for my Christmas obligations, plus the gym I use is at school. How fast does it take muscles to attrephe? (spell check). As for me being fat, I don't think anyone I know would ever call me fat... hahaha. Plus, after being ugly skinny, I wanna get big and if some fat is involved, I am okay with that. I do plan on continuing my training/ lifting till my graduation in May, and my plans are to see how big I can get.

Atrophy? They won't atrophy after a month, dude. You'll probably lose a little strength, but that can be regained easily.

There is a world of difference between the first set of pics and the second. You don't even look like the same person. Keep it up!

rtrose
01-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I lost a little weight over the break, but I think its just fat. I am maintaining around 150...
I plan on hitting the bulk hard again till May

Cards
01-12-2008, 12:34 AM
nice progress, keep at it. you will be alot larger by the end of the year.

rtrose
01-12-2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks Cards. Your transformation is also very impressive. I can only hope to have similar results!

rtrose
07-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry it has been so long since I have updated. Here are some recent photos, 5 years and 50 lbs later. Critiques?

rtrose
07-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Here is one more