PDA

View Full Version : Boxing

Shoebawks
12-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Boxing has always interested me, but I don't exactly know how to start out. What should I do to get started? It seems like a good form of exercise and stress relief.

CiteCollegiale
12-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Uhhh...Join a boxing gym?

Max Thunder
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Lmao. Yeah, join a boxing gym! And go to www.rossboxing.com

Yes, it's a good form of exercise and stress relief, and you learn to use your body in efficient ways. As a plus, the people in boxing gyms are a lot more dedicated than the average guy in a commercial gym. It's always good to be around dedicated people.

testadura
12-18-2007, 02:34 PM
see if there is a police athledic league around your area. i boxed for them from elementary school till high school.

left hook
01-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Find a local gym ( Do NOT go to a weight lifting gym to learn boxing) get a passbook/license and get a amatuer fight set up after a couple of months of good hard sparring.

left hook
01-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Bump. If your un certain about actually wanting to fight, don't buy a passbook yet or until after you sparred a few good times. Boxing itself as far as training is great conditioning though but don't spend money getting a amatuer license until you know for sure you really wanna take a real fight.

Viking_Power
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Anyone have any idea how much boxing is too much? My main goal is to get stronger and bigger, but I am planning on doing some boxing soon as well. I'd just like a good idea of what a good balance would be.