PDA

View Full Version : Ballin21's Transformation - Flabby--> Lean--> Bulk...what now?

ballin21
12-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Been here for a while, thought I would post some of my pictures up in order to get some advise from you guys. Im 20 years old, 5"10. I put on 15 pounds of pure fat my first year of college (too much fast food, dorm food, beer etc lol), with very limited exercise. After seeing myself in a picture, I knew I had to start lifting again (I lifted on and off in high school, always in good shape then). I started to work out at the beginning of april '07.

After going from 155 lbs of fat to 142 very lean (and scrawny), I then decided to bulk. I gained over 25 lbs to 168 in about 5 months. Typical day during bulking:

Meal 1: 5 eggs, 2 pieces of wheat toast, grits w/ fat free milk
Meal 2: Weight Gainer Shake (after workout)
Meal 3: Some type of sandwich on whole wheat (Turkey, Chicken, Tuna) w/ fat-free Milk
Meal 4: Another Sandwich w/ Milk w/ mixed vegetables (I just ate the frozen kind from the store most of the time)
Meal 5: Rotisserie chicken w/ vegetables and fat free milk
Meal 6: Protein Shake before bed

Started out with 2500 cals, once I hit 150 lbs, I boosted up to 3000 cals, and when i hit 160 I went up to 3500 calories. (Protein intake ranged between 250g-300g). I am also on creatine, multi-v, and fish oil.

Typical work out plan:
Mon- Quads, Hams, Calfs
Tues- Chest/Tri's
Wed- Rest
Thurs - Back/Bi's
Fri - Shoulders

I did a lot of basic lifts including squats, bench press (and incline also), deadlifts, power cleans.

I have been able to lift a lot more weight during this bulk, my bench (max) went from 135 to 190. DOnt feel comfortable to max squat, but I have been doing 4 sets of 155x10.

I have been maintaining this weight for about a month now, adding in about 30 mins of cardio 4x a week, leaning out slightly with out dropping weight.

Overall, I think it was a successful bulk. My ultimate goal is to be 180 lbs @ 9-10% bf. Now I am not really sure what I want to do. It is really hard for me to guess my bf %. Estimates? Should I still maintain weight and lean out some more before bulking again? Areas of improvement? I want to improve my traps, chest, and arms. Its hard to tell from the pics but I actually have very good calfs and quads.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys in advance.

Stumprrp
12-15-2007, 10:58 PM
looks like good progress to me man, keep going!

RBB
12-16-2007, 12:26 AM
looks like good progress to me man, keep going!

agreed. keep putting on the weight. you've made some nice gains so far.

ballin21
12-16-2007, 04:03 PM
I was planning on leaning out a bit before I bulk again...should i forget that and continue to bulk then?

WBBIRL
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Don't start that bulk 15 pounds then cut crap.... please.

First off, and I mean no offense by this at all, but you need to bulk a lot. Your fairly lean which is nice but you need to just eat and lift heavy and keep on it. IMO you need to put on about 30-40 pounds which isn't something that happens overnight.

Whats your training looking like?

j_man_honda
12-16-2007, 07:17 PM
When in doubt, bulk