PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Reminants of my Fatboy days

KristianT
12-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Hey guys.
I used to weigh 105kg. And when i say 105kg, thats not in a good way. I was a fat 105kg.
I then followed a 1-2 year cutting program in which i lost 30kg, dropping down to 76kg. However in this cut i lost a lot of muscle and i couldn't manage to get rid of those stubborn love handles. That annoying ring of fat around my waist just wouldn't disappear, no matter how lean the rest of my body looked.
I then got fed up with my muscle lacking physique and decided to go on a bulking cycle which started in march this year.
I have now bulked up to 87kg and looking a lot better. However I'm still getting really troubled about that large waist that I have. Like the rest of my body is fairly lean except for that part, which looks like a total fat boy. It just looks out of proportion.

What would be some good plans of attack?

my current plan is to keep bulking up to increase the size of the rest of my body to get everything back in proportion. I'm looking to hit 100kg.

Ive included some photos so you guys can see what I'm talking about.

anonomousn
12-18-2007, 05:40 AM
Sounds like insecurity more than anything... You look fine man.

samadhi_smiles
12-18-2007, 09:04 AM
You look good. I would personally be slow bulking now to add LBM.

Jorge Sanchez
12-18-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't see anything wrong with those pictures. You have made some amazing progress so far. Don't get discouraged, you will have your ideal physique in no time, just stick with it.

What is your diet and training like?

deeder
12-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I think you have a psychological disorder. You don't have a large waist.

Khukri
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I agree with the rest of the fella's I think you look fine, you're waist is certainly in no ways big

berfles
12-18-2007, 01:33 PM
The only time I think I see what you mean is in the second picture, around your hip area.

My advice is to just not stand like that, because you look fine in every other natural pose ;) You still look pretty lean, so I wouldn't advise cutting right now, but it looks like you said you're going to keep bulking anyway.

GuitarGuru
12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
my waist kinda looks like the same and i think my waist is fine. Im sure you woudl lose it if you did cut but itd come right back if you just started bulking again so think of it as a head start and get to eating!

KristianT
12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. Maybe because i was fat for such a long period of my life my brain cant let go of the idea of me being fat, no matter how good i get my physique to become.

As for my training and dieting; I train with a two times former "Mr Natural Australia".

He has me running a 3 day split.

Day1-chest and triceps
Day2-legs
Day3-back biceps and shoulders
Day4-off day/core strength

then the process repeats.
Day 3 may look monstrous but it isn't that bad. I don't do any individual bicep work. All of the bicep work comes from the back workouts (chin-ups, seated rows, bent over rows)

I am still fine tuning my diet. Currently I'm taking 3400 calories, 50% carb, 40% protein and 10% fat.

I have cheat days every now and then which consist of the same diet with some additional meals which take me to about 5000 calories. I have the cheat days once a week on a workout day. Although since I'm bulking i don't think the term "cheat day" really applies :P.

hulkinout
12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I think you look fine too, bro. Always room for improvement, but nothing to be ashamed about at all. Good luck growing, and happy holidays!

whiteman90909
12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
Looks good man. I have a huge waist and ass. Yours isn't, but if it gets to that point, do what I do. Embrace it. DL, Squat, and Goodmorning the hell out of it ;)

beastmaster
12-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I understand what you are saying, I too lost alot of weight ( about 170lbs) I am fairly lean everywhere else but that ring around the middle won't go away. However by the pictures I think you look great man, just keep doing what your doing, it's paid off so far.

North
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I didn't read all of your post at first and i thought you were wanting to gain weight (just by looking at your pictures)

Don't worry about it man, you look great