PDA

View Full Version : The one thing I dont like about westside

BFGUITAR
12-18-2007, 10:54 AM
DE days are fun, but I have even more fun moving real heavy weight around. I know DE days are important and what makes this routine special, but daaamn, I just wanna lift heavy weight :strong:

bill
12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Actually in a many of the articles they talk about DE day not being that important until you reach a certain strength point.

BearD
12-18-2007, 11:18 AM
In all honesty, you can't work above 90% for 4 workouts a week. Or, I'm sure you can, but I can also assure you it's a quick way to get yourself injured and in chronic fatigue. The dynamic days are great to get more technique practice with all the reps and submaximal weights. Really drill the technique into muscle memory. Besides, you should always be going for PRs on your assistance exercises, those should be your 'heavy' weights on DE day.

Lones Green
12-18-2007, 12:25 PM
westside beats the hell out of my body. i dont see how you could not feel beat up.

Hatred
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM
westside beats the hell out of my body. i dont see how you could not feel beat up.

I know, right? I'm hurting like hell right now.
Principles I am learning assure me that DE day is imperative.
In a lift you have to always be accelerating. De day is what's been training my body to lift explosively and it's trasnferring over to ME day. I wish I woulda been doing this years ago.

drew
12-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I used to feel the same way, and I would work up and go heavy on a lot of stuff on DE days. Then I started feeling like crap all the time. It's nice to get a break and lift not so heavy all the time.

Lones Green
12-18-2007, 03:28 PM
i'd definetely say westside is the #1 routine thats hardest on my body. this isn't bodybuilding, get some rest and have a scooby snack.

bill
12-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I should have said that speed days are talked about not being as important until you build a solid foundation of strength. That was some of the understanding I got from a few articles anyway. I felt beat up trying to do that also, but think maybe I turned my DE days into something else, like Drew was stating

BFGUITAR
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
O I do feel like hell afterwards. But its nothing like lifting heavy weights is all im saying lol.

whiteman90909
12-18-2007, 09:17 PM
DE days are fun, but I have even more fun moving real heavy weight around. I know DE days are important and what makes this routine special, but daaamn, I just wanna lift heavy weight :strong:

I know what you mean. I just like the sight of 3 or 4 pps vs 1 or 2.

RhodeHouse
12-18-2007, 09:48 PM
In all honesty, you can't work above 90% for 4 workouts a week. Or, I'm sure you can, but I can also assure you it's a quick way to get yourself injured and in chronic fatigue. The dynamic days are great to get more technique practice with all the reps and submaximal weights. Really drill the technique into muscle memory. Besides, you should always be going for PRs on your assistance exercises, those should be your 'heavy' weights on DE day.

No, you shouldn't try for PR's on assistance stuff. Try to move it up, but only if it needs to be moved up.

I've actually lowered some of my assiatnce work as I've gotten stronger. Assiatnce work is just that - assistance. It helps the Squat, Bench , and Pull get better. It doesn't have to be heavier to make it better.

Lones Green
12-19-2007, 03:41 AM
No, you shouldn't try for PR's on assistance stuff. Try to move it up, but only if it needs to be moved up.

I've actually lowered some of my assiatnce work as I've gotten stronger. Assiatnce work is just that - assistance. It helps the Squat, Bench , and Pull get better. It doesn't have to be heavier to make it better.

you're right, i've learned recently it works better for me to keep assistance stuff higher rep, sometimes 15 or 20 reps.

Hatred
12-19-2007, 02:07 PM
No kidding? Hm that is something to think about.

I feel like I got hit by a bus since last night.