PDA

View Full Version : Please comment on my deadlift form.

krboyd7
12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rc177YuysY

I would appreciate feedback on my form guys.

I think the first rep i was too rounderd,but the rest seem ok?

Cheers

samadhi_smiles
12-18-2007, 03:19 PM
yeah the first rep looks like you might pull that sucker (your spinal cord) right out of alignment. Take care man, treat your body with love.

krboyd7
12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Is the first that bad?

If it is i am going to start from a standing position from now on takingthe bar from the rack supports.

What about the rest of the reps?

samadhi_smiles
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
you should position your butt as if you are pulled out of a vagina and getting ready for full penetration (can you imagine this?). Sorry for being graphic, this is how it was taught to me. Is a great image to pump you up for that DL pr also.

think about the hips as one unit rotating forward, that will get you the nice straight back that is so essential for safely deadlifting (or safely doing ANYTHING when tension will be on the spinal cord).

**** the bar, yeah go get you some boyeeee.

whiteman90909
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Stay tight before your pull (i.e. dont jerk the bar, start with a solid pull) and keep your back straight (your lower back looked pretty good, your upper back was a bit rounded, but thats ok).

arnoldsclone
12-18-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rc177YuysY

I would appreciate feedback on my form guys.

I think the first rep i was too rounderd,but the rest seem ok?

Cheers

it's not bad, try to make the deadlift one fluid motion though, not up with the legs, then the back.....make it up with your entire legs and back all at once......

krboyd7
12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
it's not bad, try to make the deadlift one fluid motion though, not up with the legs, then the back.....make it up with your entire legs and back all at once......

thanks for your comment

Unreal
12-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Ditch the belt IMO.

Bohizzle
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM
1. it wasn't bad.
2. hips are rising too fast, making it looks like two motions (like arnoldsclone said).
3. pull back.
get tight before u pull. take air into ur belly. arch hard before u pull to get tight. Pull back.
4. The first one that u were worried about was a bit worse than the others, but not that bad.

I agree with Unreal, ditch the belt until u get over 75% of ur max, and then if you want to use it, go for it. or if u do have it on, keep it loose on lighter sets to push ur abs into it!

I didn't feel like punctuating lol.

Andrew

RedSpikeyThing
12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
You have good speed, but I think you should slow it down until you get it all into one fluid motion, with your back tight all the way through. Think of it as trying to get your hips under the bar, rather than just trying to get he damn thing off the ground.

Also, I agree with the belt comment.

bjohnso
12-18-2007, 08:04 PM
I know others will disagree with me, but I think your back was too rounded. Work on your flexibility. Just me opinion.

krboyd7
12-19-2007, 04:04 AM
1. it wasn't bad.
2. hips are rising too fast, making it looks like two motions (like arnoldsclone said).
3. pull back.
get tight before u pull. take air into ur belly. arch hard before u pull to get tight. Pull back.
4. The first one that u were worried about was a bit worse than the others, but not that bad.

I agree with Unreal, ditch the belt until u get over 75% of ur max, and then if you want to use it, go for it. or if u do have it on, keep it loose on lighter sets to push ur abs into it!

I didn't feel like punctuating lol.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.

So, should i get tighter and pull up before i raise with my hips and legs?

I will work on the motion.

Ben Moore
12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Pull back, look up like you are trying to push your head back into your traps. This should fix some of your back rounding issues, but even then I don't think you are rounding that much. If you are new to deadlifting, don't touch and go. Instead reset every rep meaning set the bar down, stand up, take a breath, and then go back for another. This will allow you to stay in the best position.