PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Handles to Ace Briefs

Sidior
12-19-2007, 01:42 AM
My training partners and I are having an insanely hard time getting my ace briefs on and in position and I was wondering if it was possible to attach some sort of handle to them? Suits usually have straps which serve the same purpose, but just some form of strong cloth attached at either side near the waist to help pull them up.

First of all I am not sure if they will wreck the integrity of the briefs in any way, so if anyone knows or has experience with this their input would be greatly appreciated. If it is possible, what kind of cloth and stitching would you suggest?

FYI I already wear compression shorts underneath so they slide up easier.

Thanks for the help!

Lones Green
12-19-2007, 04:39 AM
you already wear suit slippers and STILL have trouble getting them on? thats nuts! i'm no help on this subject, but i've never heard of anyone doing this.

WillKuenzel
12-19-2007, 06:13 AM
Vice grips have been something I've seen.

Chubrock
12-19-2007, 08:39 AM
I second the Vice Grips. You could also get some stronger training partners haha.

Hatred
12-19-2007, 03:05 PM
WE hook our suits/briefs on a bench,rack,bar and hang and kick...

God, powerlifters do some of the weirdest ****.

elitepler
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I have talked about attatching handles with the wife, but I found another way to get them on. I use slippers of course, but when I pull them on I straddle a bar and gently sit down while working the legs up. Be careful not to crush your jewels, but this slides them right up. I doubt yours are any tighter than mine, it took me about 30mins to get mine completly on with slippers. Now i can get them on in about 10 minutes. For the suit I just wrap the straps around a bar and jump into it, kicking my legs, takes about a minute.

You can put the bar about crotch level in a power rack.

Sidior
12-20-2007, 06:22 PM
WE hook our suits/briefs on a bench,rack,bar and hang and kick...

God, powerlifters do some of the weirdest ****.
I was going to say this would work with a suit, but briefs have no straps.

I have talked about attatching handles with the wife, but I found another way to get them on. I use slippers of course, but when I pull them on I straddle a bar and gently sit down while working the legs up. Be careful not to crush your jewels, but this slides them right up. I doubt yours are any tighter than mine, it took me about 30mins to get mine completly on with slippers. Now i can get them on in about 10 minutes. For the suit I just wrap the straps around a bar and jump into it, kicking my legs, takes about a minute.

You can put the bar about crotch level in a power rack.
Awesome idea, I will certainly try that. I really don't feel mine are all that tight it is just getting them up the last inch or so that is killer.

Once again thanks for the ideas brothers.

Sidior
12-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Vice grips have been something I've seen.

I second the Vice Grips. You could also get some stronger training partners haha.

I will look into these as well. Thanks.

Lol at the stronger training partner, I don't know how he will feel about that.

Hatred
12-21-2007, 01:02 PM
I was going to say this would work with a suit, but briefs have no straps.

You don't need straps.

Just position a catch on a squat rack high enough to take the front of the briefs, hold em there with your hand and just let yourself hang. They go right on.. (well not RIGHT on but it's a hell of a lot of force.)

Chris Rodgers
12-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Baby powder helps too. I do what Hatred said with my briefs and it works well. I actually hang off the handle of some weird machine(I think it's a glute machine). It's not fair to your training partners to rely on them to be yanking on your briefs every session. I think you should be able to get in your gear with little help.

Ben Moore
12-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Two training partners and have them pull you up in the air while you kick around, LOL...At least thats what I've...um...seen a friend do...yeah that's it :)

RickTheDestroyer
12-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Two training partners and have them pull you up in the air while you kick around, LOL...At least thats what I've...um...seen a friend do...yeah that's it :)
I typically get the atomic wedgie to get mine on and seated right. This seems easier on the partners if I hang from a chinup bar.
I have considered buying them some work gloves for their troubles, however.

Sidior
01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Well I have been using Hatred's idea with great success to get the briefs on. I pull them on and then hang from the catch of the squat rack and they slide right up. The only problem is that they get stuck about 1" lower on the backside then I would like. I am presuming that there should be no slack near the butt yet no matter how much hanging or pulling I do there always seems to be a little bit of slack. It almost looks like a diaper. Is this normal for the Ace Briefs? If not any idea on how to get that last little bit up would be appreciated.

I suck with the briefs lol.

JimMcD
01-21-2008, 10:41 PM
You can inflate a ball in the tightest parts of the legs and stretch them to give yourself a little more room. You don't want that "poopie diaper" look in the seat of briefs or suit. Btw...I usually just use my ACE suit straps down as briefs. It's loose without briefs under and there's no trouble getting them up but there's still plenty of support.

Sidior
01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
You can inflate a ball in the tightest parts of the legs and stretch them to give yourself a little more room. You don't want that "poopie diaper" look in the seat of briefs or suit. Btw...I usually just use my ACE suit straps down as briefs. It's loose without briefs under and there's no trouble getting them up but there's still plenty of support.

Thanks for the info. If I had been smart I think I would have gone that route, unfortunately I am stuck with the briefs.

chris taylor
01-22-2008, 06:15 AM
i attach nylon straps to my briefs just long enuff to wrap around the bar on the rack and I slide in liek that,,, Just need a strong sewing machine and sew them to the top waist line 2 in front 2 in back, this also works well for adjusting them when you got your suit ontop of them as well...

CT