PDA

View Full Version : gaining diet

Joe Black
04-01-2001, 10:40 AM
OK if I am gonna be honest with myself I would say about 40% effort has been going into my diet recently...

I have softened through regular cheating and am not gaining weight or gaining strength at the rate I was when I was eating well..

So here is my super doopa revised weight gaining diet up untill September when I will cut for November (my holiday in Florida)..

8.30 : (Meal 1)

OMMELETE
(5 egg whites/1 whole egg
1 tomato
a few mushrooms
50 grams of cheese)

80 grams of oats with some milk.....

11:30 (Meal 2)

NLarge (I am trying to think of a food alternative for this meal. Perhaps some beef sandwhiches..)

2:00/4:00/6:00 (Meal 3,5 and 5)

200 grams of lean turkey/chicken
80 grams of oats/brown rice
veggies
15 grams of plain nuts

9:00 (Meal 6) (Post Workout)

3 scoops of prolab 100% whey
2 and a half bananas
15 grams fo nuts...

Phew thats it......

Each meal should be hitting out roughly..

66 grams of protein
55 grams of carbs
10 grams of fat

So roughly a total of 3400 cals....

Protein = 396
Carbs = 330
fat = 60

Yep the Protein is high, but the carbs now are actually the highest I have ever eaten and want to get used to eating that amount.. Gradually I will be dropping the protein and upping the carbs accordingly..

It is VERY clean but I don't wanna bulk.. I am about 17% as it is so just wanna gain and maybe lean some too.. My goal is to be a lean 190 + for nov.... So it means getting over 200 lb's by sept at least....

So what ya think ?

BTW I will be trying to drink 3-4 litres of water a day to start with gradually upping it as I get used to these amounts...

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-01-2001, 11:38 AM
I'm starting eating beef sarnies. Roast beef infact. I just need to find the exact breakdowns for it - NSDA has too mnay choices and i ain't sure which it is. Any suggestions?

the doc
04-01-2001, 12:08 PM
why the aversion to whole eggs? They have a lot of good fat and natural vit E and good protein. Your fat isn't that high anyway and your eating 50g of cheese-cheese has a lot of sat fat!

Also, I've found the easiest way to stay w/ good diet is to prepare at least half my meals for the week on sunday. I like to make a lot of soups and stews in my pressure cooker w/ whole ingredients like veggie, lean meat and barley that i eat the whole next 7-10 days. I don't mind it though cause i change my evening meals.

Then again you could try the NHE bulking diet. I was on it for couple months and stayed pretty consistant on the scale but made good progression on the lifts and i think i look a little more cut. ( i am between 17-20% bf). I never really charted cals though and am now doing it after my last break. It is a cyclical high fat diet though. i like it because it is much more efficient to eat 2000 cals in fat than to eat 2000 cals in carbs.. Fat is a much more energy dense nutrient. And if you like to eat a lot of salmon, eggs, and chichen thighs it seems like a good plan. If your interested miss abs can hook you up with the info!
Whatever you do give your best effort-that way you wont think you shorted yourself out.

Chris Rodgers
04-01-2001, 04:17 PM
How are you gonna eat half a banana? You just gonna throw the other half away? Give it to your dog or something.

Anyway, looks good. I am learning that the best diet is a consistent one. You can write up the perfect plan, but if you don't stay with it, you won't succeed. Good Luck!

Maki Riddington
04-01-2001, 09:25 PM
Looks good Dano,I have found recently through experimentation that friut smoothies really pack some caloric power.

I usally have 2 a day.
If you can buy fruit from a stand it will keep your wallet nice and fat with all those notes.Well then ya have some more pounds to buy some more food:)

Anyways here is something I have been using,
2 cups tropical fruit juice(all natty)
40 grms carbs
2 5 ounce bannanas
60 odd carbs
200 grms frozen berries
24 grms
2 scoops whey
34 grms(Designer Whey)
Falx oil:2 tble spoons (Omega 3&6 Blend)
30 grms
Total Cals:
Carbs:496
Pro:136
Fat:270
Total Cals:902 cals
Keep the flax out if your using the smoothie for a postworkout shake.
To throw off the flax flavor which is barely detectable I would throw in some cyrstal light(kiwi bannana etc...)

Compared to a N Large ya can't beat the freshness and feeling of a cold friut smoothie.:)

Bam Bam
04-02-2001, 05:07 PM
hey why leave out the flax if its post workout?

I always used flax after workouts

04-02-2001, 05:59 PM
BamBam, I think fat intake after a workout will slow down the absorption of protein which you need the most.

Yaz
04-02-2001, 05:59 PM
Looks awesome Hulk.

I dunno, just personal preference of mine as so not to disturb the intensity of my workout. I don't eat turkey except after my workout. The tryptophan kicks my ass.

Maki Riddington
04-02-2001, 06:13 PM
Fat intake after a workout intefers with the insilun levels
This is when they are at their highest, so you would want to shuttle those carbs as quickly as possible to your muscles.

Yaz
04-02-2001, 06:15 PM
I didn't mean directly after. I just meant later in the day after. :)

Or did you mean his 'nuts'? Man that sounds bad...

Joe Black
04-03-2001, 02:28 AM
Cheers for the commenst guys :)

Mac, thats one hell of a smothie ! If I wasnlt so lazy I would probably try it...

As you can see from my diet it cnosists of about 5 or 6 things all week lol... However I might give it a whirl soon :)

Also thats intersting abuot the fat.. I always used to take 2 or 3 teaspoons of flaz for my post workout meal.. I wonlt any longer :)

Ahh well oits day 2 and yesterday was SPOT ON, and I am feeling good.. So day 2 now !

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-03-2001, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Hulk
Cheers for the commenst guys :)

Mac, thats one hell of a smothie ! If I wasnlt so lazy I would probably try it...

As you can see from my diet it cnosists of about 5 or 6 things all week lol... However I might give it a whirl soon :)

Also thats intersting abuot the fat.. I always used to take 2 or 3 teaspoons of flaz for my post workout meal.. I wonlt any longer :)

Ahh well oits day 2 and yesterday was SPOT ON, and I am feeling good.. So day 2 now ! [/B]

Hey Dan, maybe if you weren't so lazy you would learn how to spell eh?...:)

Joe Black
04-03-2001, 08:19 AM
screw spelling.,.. I can spell it just takes longer for me to check after my suuuuuper fast typing..... :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-03-2001, 09:58 AM
I bet you double checked and made sure you hadn't mis-spelled any words there though didn't ya! :)

Joe Black
04-03-2001, 10:20 AM
yeah or corse I did :D