PDA

View Full Version : Cutting.

Rycherx
03-13-2002, 09:00 AM
Say I want to get down from 178 to 163.
Which method would lose more muscle mass?
Using Xenedrine or straight out cardio every morning.
Assuming diet good.

Spiderman
03-13-2002, 10:35 AM
You mean, lose more fat? I'd say use Xenadrine throughout the day as it says. Then do cardio 4-5 times a week in the morning on an empty stomach. Take the Xenadrine beforehand of course....

CBates
03-13-2002, 10:41 AM
I don't see why you would need that much cardio to lose fat. I do cardio just 2 times a week and shedding fat at a pretty good pace. If you're concerned about fat loss you need to check your diet first, no matter how much cardio you are doing, if you don't have a good diet you're not going to lose fat.

Rycherx
03-13-2002, 11:12 AM
Should I avoid fat in my diet if I am cutting?
It seems like the only difference between the cutting and the bulking diet is the calorie difference right?

CBates
03-13-2002, 11:30 AM
You need to at least have around 50-70 grams of fat a day when cutting, if trying to lose fat it's better to drop carbs. Right, difference between cutting and bulking is calories.

Rycherx
03-13-2002, 12:07 PM
If I didn't change my diet at all from my bulking cycle and just added 4 days of cardio. I never did cardio while I was bulking. Wouldn't that just turn into a cutting cycle naturally without altering my diet much?

If both approaches worked, which one would be easier? Unfortunately, I am both lazy and hungry.

MRJ
03-13-2002, 01:32 PM
For your consideration:

I simply cut the calories each week, by cutting the carbs (already had a low-fat diet) and upped the cardio from 2 days p/week to 4 days p/week. (same duration, 45 minutes, but at a more intense level)

Seems to be working well, about a pound a week so far, with no strength loss and little if any noticable muscle loss.