PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Panty Peelers

VikingWarlord
12-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I made these cookies last night and brought some in to work to give to some of my friends. One of my female friends said they're the best cookies she's ever had and wants to come over and smear the dough all over herself. I think we've got a date next weekend. :D

Anyway, check it:

Mix:
1/2C Peanut butter (I use Skippy Creamy Natural)
1/2C Unsalted butter

Mix in:
1/2C Packed light brown sugar
1/2C granulated sugar
1 egg

Until creamy, then mix in:
1 1/4C flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

When consistent, add 1 12oz package of either Hershey Special Dark chocolate chips or (what I did last night) Mini Reese's Pieces.

Any fool can mix this stuff up, but here's where the big secret to good cookies lies...in the baking. Pay attention.

I like them soft, so here's the baking directions for soft and chewy.

Heat the oven to 300F
Put the cookie sheet in the freezer and refrigerate the dough while the oven is heating.
When the oven is ready, drop cookies onto baking sheet. Don't fork them like normal cookies.
Bake on center rack for 15-17 minutes. Pull them out, let them cool on the sheet for a few minutes, then cool them on a wire rack or paper towels or something.

If you use butter, you don't need to spray the sheet. Each cookie you drop on the sheet should be ~1.5" in diameter and maybe an inch tall. The recipe above should give you about 2 dozen of these.

If you want them harder and a little crunchy, heat the oven to 375, make the cookies thinner, and bake for about 9-10 minutes, let them cool, and transfer to rack.

Chilling the dough and the baking sheet for any kind of cookies with butter in them is VERY important if you want them to come out soft and chewy.

getfit
12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh! sounds soooooo good.I'm gonna make a batch.

Hatred
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Then peel your panties off and send em to me.

VikingWarlord
12-21-2007, 05:05 PM
It should go without saying, but these are most definitely not health food. They'll probably take years off your life.

getfit
12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
who cares right? ;)

Josh-i hope you like to chew for a long time ;)