PDA

View Full Version : My Mass Stack Review

LouPac
12-21-2007, 07:49 PM
So, I've been taking the Mass Stack for about a month now and thought I'd share my results.

First I'll say that I was on a low carb diet for about 6 months, with some carb-load days a couple of times every week. So some of my weight gain can be attributed to the addition of the added carbs to my diet.

I gained 15 lbs in 3.5 weeks, gaining 3/4 inch on my arms, while only a 1/2inch in my waist.

I was eating just slightly above maintenance, taking 4 scoops of Maximus before my workout and 3 scoops of Opticen after my workout, mixing in a serving creatine in once of the shakes. Both mixed with 1% milk.

I was working out 3x a week, with an occasional 4th day with no cardio.

I did not use the Mass Stack training and eating guide because at my age I just can't do that kind of eating, but I can imagine someone gaining some serious weight using those guidelines.

Maximus: This has replaced Nitrean as my favorite shake. The Vanilla tastes unbelievable and mixes so easily, I was very impressed. I also didn't notice any bloating or gas that I usually do from downing a "weight-gainer". It is absolutely the best pre-workout meal I ever had. I had plenty of energy to work out, without the feeling of sluggishness or gas that some pre-workout meals can give you.

Opticen: Another great tasting shake, I also tried the vanilla. I didn't like it better than Maximus, but it was good, and is a toss up between the vanilla Nitrean. I usually don't have an appetite post-workout, but 3 scoops of Opticen was easy to swallow and digest, and just seemed to "hit the spot" better than Nitrean does post-workout.

Creatine: Not much to say here, it's creatine.

ETS: As a person that works nights and suffers from insomnia, I was intrigued when I heard reviews that ETS helped some people sleep better. I usually have to take a sleeping pill a few times of week so that I can fall asleep and actually stay asleep. The first couple of weeks on ETS I didn't really notice a difference. However, the last couple of weeks have been a complete difference. The last two weeks I have not had to take a sleeping pill at all. This is the first time in over a year that I have been able to sleep "drug-free" for two weeks straight, simply amazing.

The one negative is that my monthly food bill is going to be rising with my good results. :(

chris mason
12-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Excellent, thanks for your review!

Chris

Ben Moore
12-22-2007, 09:49 AM
That's awesome man - I can't wait to get some ETS. With two kids under 5 my sleep is sporadic at best so I'll welcome the help in the recovery department.