PDA

View Full Version : Have any Q's about powerlifting, strongman or Scottish Games

WILD BILL
12-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Whats Up guys Im new to the site. Im 23yrs old but started training and competing in all 3 of these sports at the age of 15. I have alota helpful info if u guys have questions about the sports so feel free if u have any Q's.

Ben Moore
12-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Treston, do you train regularly w/ Dane? He's one strong dude!

Ryano
12-22-2007, 06:54 PM
***Ryano, no need for crap like the post I have just edited.

WILD BILL
12-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Treston, do you train regularly w/ Dane? He's one strong dude!

No since my accident I was out of all lifting for 3yrs. But just got back into it in Oct and Dane might start coming down to our gym more often and that would be nice. Im gona focus on powerlifting for about a yr but do some sort of immplement training once a month or every other week. When I get my strength back up ill start training for strongman more often. Dane said he is going to bring his yoke and a few other things. And yea hes one strong dude.

Ben Moore
12-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Sweet! Well welcome from another guy that's new to this board. Good luck with the strength - it looks like you are well on your way!

WILD BILL
12-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Sweet! Well welcome from another guy that's new to this board. Good luck with the strength - it looks like you are well on your way!

Thanks Bro. Hey how long have u lived in KC? When I was 19 I went to the National Strongman Championships there. Any chance u were there?

Ben Moore
12-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Haha, yeah I was there. Are you talking about the Teen Nats? I competed at that show in the opens.

WILD BILL
12-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Haha, yeah I was there. Are you talking about the Teen Nats? I competed at that show in the opens.

LOL no **** ya I was Treston Shull. I took 4th. the kid that won told me I was stronger but he traind with the immplements and I just needed to do the same. Im not going to make the same mistake twice. This time when i get back into it immlement training will be at least once a week.

1mmort4l
12-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Good to have you on the boards Wild Bill!
Your a beast especially for your age!

WILD BILL
12-23-2007, 04:05 AM
Good to have you on the boards Wild Bill!
Your a beast especially for your age!

Thanks Brother. Just trying to get out there and help where I can.

neothefuture
01-07-2008, 06:35 PM
what immplements training?

elitepler
01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
welcome to the board.

very impressive lifts.

just one piece of advice. It's never a great idea to make your first post a "if you have any questions" type of post. It's usually better to just introduce yourself, give your background and work from there. You have to remember there are people like myself who had a weight set before you were born. I also did strongman, highland games and now pling and might even be able to help you.

This is just something i have seen in my 10+ years on the boards that seems to turn people off. I would hate for you to start that way, when it seems you have alot to offer and a very good future in all the sports mentioned.

Look forward to seeing your training, make sure you start a log, Elite.

chris mason
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
welcome to the board.

very impressive lifts.

just one piece of advice. It's never a great idea to make your first post a "if you have any questions" type of post. It's usually better to just introduce yourself, give your background and work from there. You have to remember there are people like myself who had a weight set before you were born. I also did strongman, highland games and now pling and might even be able to help you.

This is just something i have seen in my 10+ years on the boards that seems to turn people off. I would hate for you to start that way, when it seems you have alot to offer and a very good future in all the sports mentioned.

Look forward to seeing your training, make sure you start a log, Elite.

He did that at my behest. I asked him to post here and offer to help members which is what I want all of the experienced guys (like yourself) to do.

Chris

elitepler
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Ah, ok then, I'm sure you know what i mean Chris, we have all seen the guys that their first post is "I'm a guru" lol, just didn't want someone with so much potential to start off on the wrong foot, thanks for clearing that up.

chris mason
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Ah, ok then, I'm sure you know what i mean Chris, we have all seen the guys that their first post is "I'm a guru" lol, just didn't want someone with so much potential to start off on the wrong foot, thanks for clearing that up.

I do understand, yes. He is a good guy and was just trying to comply with my wishes.

Chris

Ben Moore
01-07-2008, 11:01 PM
what immplements training?

He means training with strongman implements.