PDA

View Full Version : Need to gain weight

BrettC
12-23-2007, 10:23 PM
I know what kinds of foods to eat, but with my paycheck there's no way I could get what I'm suppose to be eating everyday so wondering if anyone could help name some cheap food's that are good for bulking.

I already use a lot of eggs and peanut butter and chicken but need some suggestions on cheap things to go in place of that or to add onto that. thanks.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-24-2007, 04:32 AM
The Dollar Menu at McDonald's. You can eat some high calorie junk food if you need to. Your diet doesn't have to be 100% clean, especially if you're on a bulk. You might also want to check out the high calorie shake recipes in the Recipes section. How many calories do you need to gain weight?

You might want to check out this link ~> The Big Boy's Menu Plan (http://tinyurl.com/yt64ma)

sharkall2003
12-24-2007, 06:25 AM
I know what kinds of foods to eat, but with my paycheck there's no way I could get what I'm suppose to be eating everyday so wondering if anyone could help name some cheap food's that are good for bulking.

I already use a lot of eggs and peanut butter and chicken but need some suggestions on cheap things to go in place of that or to add onto that. thanks.

Whole milk, cheap hamburger (honestly, this is a great food), potatoes, and pasta.

samadhi_smiles
12-24-2007, 07:27 AM
whole milk, peanut butter, whey protein, yogurt, and olive oil blended up in a smoothie is a cheap source of high calories.

RedSpikeyThing
12-24-2007, 09:19 AM
Whole chickens, regular ground beef, cheap cuts of beef, peanut butter, nuts, seeds

arnoldsclone
12-24-2007, 09:23 AM
tuna tuna tuna tuna

Bako Lifter
12-24-2007, 12:15 PM
A bako shake and a double cheeseburger.

Itsnotaboutme
12-24-2007, 02:03 PM
A bako shake and a double cheeseburger.

=heart attack

samadhi_smiles
12-24-2007, 03:22 PM
hah not if youre young - may want to watch out in the future -

hopefully not be on a budget like that your whole life ;)

KristianT
12-24-2007, 06:16 PM
For me, buying all of my groceries to support a bulking diet worked out to be cheaper than just winging my diet.
Before whenever i used to go out id spend $20 on take away food here and there and by the end of the week I had spent over $100 on food. Now my groceries for the week cost me about $70.

This $70 supports my 4400 calorie diet for 7 days. So I end up getting bigger and saving money at the same time.
Most bodybuilding favorites are very cheap anyway. Oats are dirt cheap. Tuna is dirt cheap. Rice is dirt cheap.

Maj. Office Gut
12-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Meat is cheap as hell at Wal Mart and Costco. You can get a 4 pound back of bone in chicken thighs with skin for like $6-7. 3 lb bags of Tilapia or any other cheap fish for $6. A pound of deli turkey is $3-3.50 etc

Like Kristian said, oat, tuna, rice, etc is cheap just about anywhere you shop. If you are skinny and need to gain weight fast food is dirt cheap as well.