PDA

View Full Version : protien and creatine

12-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi Guys, i know this might be a stupid questions, but gotta ask anyways... lol. I am 20 years old, and weight around 210. The thing is, i am FAT. i want to turn the fat into muscle, and FAST! my friend told me to take protein and creatine. Is that any good?

Maj. Office Gut
12-24-2007, 07:36 PM
From what I have learned there is really no way to turn fat into muscle. There are extreme ways to drop weight fast... but it won't build muscle.. in fact you will probably lose some of what you already have. Read the stickies, built's articles, etc and get your diet dialed in. That is 3/4 of the battle.

Get on a good routine like WBB 1.1 and get ready to work hard. There is no magic supplement, diet or routine. Muscle growth takes time so get started asap and read read read.

Good luck,

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-24-2007, 07:48 PM
You can't turn fat into muscle. You can burn fat. You can gain fat. Only three things happen to muscle. It either gets bigger (hypertrophy), smaller (atrophy), or stays the same (you sitting on the couch eating Twinkies). Muscle does not turn into fat and fat does not turn into muscle. They are both different things.

You don't appear to have very much knowledge of dietary nutrition. I'd suggest going into the Diety, Supplement, and Bodybuilding sections and visiting the top areas where the stickies are...and start reading like crazy. :read:

What is your current diet like? Are you working out?

jmxtjmxt
01-07-2008, 09:58 AM
i personally dont think you need either
the first and most important thing is get yourself a solid diet and then a good workout routine pushing HEAVY weights alongside CARDIO

good luck man post your diet id be interested to see

jmxtjmxt
01-07-2008, 10:01 AM
ohhh and forget the fast bit oyur only settign yourself up for disspointment you need to set yourself realistic goals however dropping 40 or so pounds from your weight could be done pretty "fast" if like what i said above was sorted

Cirino83
01-07-2008, 11:22 AM
i personally dont think you need either
the first and most important thing is get yourself a solid diet and then a good workout routine pushing HEAVY weights alongside CARDIO

good luck man post your diet id be interested to see

you don't think you need protein?

Protein shakes some people don't need if their diet is in check and get enough from whole foods. A majority of us need the little help with the shakes. The OP clearly needs the extra help.