PDA

View Full Version : Need to lose weight; setting up a diet plan

MSA2007
12-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway I am a college student and lifted alot in highschool which was years ago, but havent lifted since. I am trying to set a diet to go along with my workout plan. Throughout my college years my diet has consisted of mainly fast food, alot of soda, and alot of beer. I am 5'10 and 192 lbs, I am chubby but I dont look terrible. I would like to get down to about 165 lbs. I have gone to a few websites that estimate how many calories your body burns in a day and my estimate was 3300 calories which seems about right. I am thinking about intaking 2000 calories per day.

Anyway, the rough diet that have have come up with is as follows:
1 bagel for breakfast
1 subway melt (half of lunch, half for dinner)
3 glasses of skim milk (1 with each meal)
2 whey protein shakes throughout the day, with two scoops of protein each

The total calories for this comes out to 1740 with 17% fat, 45% carbs, 38% protein. For the last 260 cals I would eat various other foods, making sure to get some fruit in there every day to get about 2000 calories with about the 40/40/20 percentages.

I am a broke college kid, so I dont have alot of time or money to cook much. I chose a subway sub every day because it is healthy, cheap with the 2 for $8.99 deal, and I live within walking distance of a subway. I am working out with the wbb 1.1 routine on the website.

So, what do you all think of this diet? I havent started it yet, just an idea. Is eating a bagel for breakfast everyday, and having a subway sub every day not good? Do you think 2000 calories will be too little? I dont usually have a very big appetite. Is 40/40/20 the way best way for me to cut do you think? Is 4 scoop of protein (120 cals per scoop) too much for a 2000 calorie diet?

Thanks in advance for the input!

ipwizard
01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Seems like it might be hard to eat the same thing over and over each day. Might want to change it up a bit. JMHO.