PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gaining Help In Every Way Possible

75centz
12-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I'm a 6'8" 210lbs college basketball player. I need to get up to 225lbs to be at the right weight for my height, but between classes, practices, and workouts I know I don't eat enough or the right foods in order to gain the weight I need and working out so hard it's hard for me to maintain the weight that I've gained. I go from 208-210lbs all the time and every now and then I'll get up to around 212lbs. I have a good workout plan for bulking, but I'll use anything better just need as much help as I can get, what foods to eat, what protein shakes are the best by the way I'm currently taking CytoGainer for my protein shakes, WTF pump'd for my pre workout and Cellmass for post workout. Any advice is greatly needed and appreciated, also my email address is jjballa2@gmail.com if anyone has workouts or meal plans they'd like to send to me,
Thanks

samadhi_smiles
12-26-2007, 07:41 AM
eat a lot of peanut butter - anything that is high cal - its all about getting in the amount of cals you need (also shoot for 1.5x as many grams as your BW).

75centz
01-30-2008, 09:47 AM
At my height how many cal's should I take in? What's good for me to eat? Cook, Buy anything!

drew
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Just eat man. 4000-5000 cals a day should be the minimum for you. More rice, potatoes, beef, milk, nuts and anything else that is calorie dense. Drink milk and eat ice cream every day. Don't miss meals, don't be hungry.

RhodeHouse
01-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Eat. It's really that simple. If you're not gaining weight, eat more. Common snse should tell you that.

Big_Byrd52
01-30-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm a 6'8" 210lbs college basketball player. I need to get up to 225lbs to be at the right weight for my height, but between classes, practices, and workouts I know I don't eat enough or the right foods in order to gain the weight I need and working out so hard it's hard for me to maintain the weight that I've gained. I go from 208-210lbs all the time and every now and then I'll get up to around 212lbs. I have a good workout plan for bulking, but I'll use anything better just need as much help as I can get, what foods to eat, what protein shakes are the best by the way I'm currently taking CytoGainer for my protein shakes, WTF pump'd for my pre workout and Cellmass for post workout. Any advice is greatly needed and appreciated, also my email address is jjballa2@gmail.com if anyone has workouts or meal plans they'd like to send to me,
Thanks

drop the pumped and cellmass-- drink ur cytogainer before and after. ur cytogainer has creatine in it, no need for cellmass.

we could sit here and list what to eat all day long, but we arent. let me give u a bit of advice here... its all about calorie intake. if u are 6'10 210, u need to be eating well over 4,000 calories a day! thats a lot of food dude. shakes are ur friend. eat 6 times a day, with 600-700 cals per meal.

cytog is 560-600 cals a shake, so three of those a day and almost halfway there. 3 solid food meals to fill it in. look at the label and figure it out. eat a meat, a starch or grain, and some fats in every sitting.

Eat it, drink it, sit on it.... i dont give a damn, just get it in. i will give u an example of 3 easy meals of 6-700 cals and this is by no means exhaustive list:

breakfast 7am-
3 whole eggs, one half carton of egg beaters.
3 eggo whole grain waffles and syrup... add butter for some more cals. easy right?

shake 930 am-
cyto g in water-- milk will make u bloated as hell and hard to eat again.

lunch 1230ish (typical school lunch)
hamburger
tater or fries
2 cartons of milk

shake 330ish
cyto g in water

630ish
shake or food
peanut butter and Jelly sandwhich on whole grain or 9 or 12 grain bread. use natural pb (i like naturally more with 10g protein in it)
20g whey shake in milk

930ish
cytog or meal above

my personal favorite before bed snack is 1.5cups cottage cheese with 2 tbs PB and some jelly... emmm, or kashi soy cereal mixed with whole wheat or granola ceral and milk.
not hard to do, just takes some work. look at food labels. if u dont know how to read them, its time to learn.