PDA

View Full Version : ETS, Nitrean, Opticen Review

Ben Moore
01-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi guys - a little background: I'm a 105K Professional Strongman. I've been competing and training in Strongman and Powerlifting for about 16 years. In that amount of time i've gone from 217lbs to 286lbs, back down to 231, and now (in the offseason) steady at about 260. I've also tried about every supplement in the industry. I manage a couple of GNC's right out of school, so I had easy access. Now for the review.

ETS: I had used this product years ago when it first came out and had some success with it. I can tell you after a few days of trying it, my soreness and fatigue has been reduced significantly. After squatting over 700lbs on Wednesday I would have typically been crippled for a few days. I'm not, and I've rested better at night than I ever have before. I can sleep at the drop of a hat, but I have not in the past felt very rested upon awakening.

Bottom Line - I would definitely give this supplement a try. If you train heavy and often, I think you owe it to yourself to try it and possibly help your recovery time.

Nitrean and Opticen - The breakdown nutritionally of both of these is great. I have been using the Nitrean mixed with skim milk as my snacks throughout the day and 2 scoops of the Opticen post workout. I know that the suggested is 3 scoops of Opticen, but I am cutting and can't afford the extra calories.

The best thing by far about these two supplements is the taste! I have the vanilla and I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. As I told you I have tried nearly every protein and meal replacement out there and these blow it all away in taste!

Bottom Line - If you think you might want to try something different or are looking for a better taste in protein get these! You will thank me!

chris mason
01-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks much Ben!

90kg_pwrlftr
01-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Ditto Ben! I am having good luck with the At-Large products as well.