PDA

View Full Version : So, how bad is it?

Dgro
01-04-2008, 06:04 PM
The New Year's Resolutioners at your gym, of course.

It's not as bad as last years, as I remember it... at any given time, most of the flat benches are playing ***** for somebody's feet while they do swiss ball push-ups, swiss ball sit-ups, swiss ball face-plants, or swiss ball just-lie-there-and-roll-around-like-a-beached-whales

It sounds harsh, but it's true <_<

But besides that, it's pretty good. no one steps foot in my cage, but then, I've NEVER seen someone else use it. My DL platform has been safe so far as well. In my gym they have separate rooms for freeweights vs machines/cardio. I don't ever use the latter, but you can believe they're bogged down as hell.

The hardest part might be finding a parking spot >_>

deeder
01-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm not at a commercial gym anymore but I feel your pain bro!

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it this year!!!

Rusty
01-04-2008, 06:23 PM
A few new faces at my gym. I'll give them three weeks tops.

MrWebb78
01-04-2008, 06:46 PM
On tuesday every piece of cardio equipment was taken, due to the newcomers. However the free weight area was still pretty open. So it wasn't interfering with me at all.

benny
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
i go to the gym at 6:30 in the morning. it was about 15* every morning this week when i went to the gym. i don't think the resolutionaries are dedicated enough to get up that early and face the cold. maybe there will be more next week, but I hope not.

Runty
01-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Totally swamped with them. When you walk into my gym there is about 5 or 6 round tables that seat 3-4 each. They were all filled with singles/couples talking with member relations people signing up for the 2.5 weeks or whatever they think they can last. Was there at around 2pm on a friday and just about every piece of cardio(and there are like 70-80 probably) were in use. Good thing the rush is all the fatties that just want to get skinny and no skinnies wanna get ripped on weights :)

RedSpikeyThing
01-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I'll tell you how the campus gym is on monday, but I usually have to start going at a different time. At least the cardio machines are in a different room so all the bimbos are out of the way.

bjohnso
01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I haven't been there yet. I'm dreading it.

anelka
01-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I've been going early in the morning this week so haven't noticed anything. I'm dreading going tomorrow though. No doubt there'll be some pricks doing curls/rows in the squat cage...

Dgro
01-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Another thing I've noticed; these people can't seem to tell the difference between a 25 and a 10 pound plate. I swear to you, they're all mixed up on their racks! And nobody takes the weight off the bar when they're done, or they only take it off one side (wth?) I'd never seen this until after New years. Sheesh.

Inconsiderate fatties, messin up my weight rooms :(