PDA

View Full Version : Repost: How is this diet?

OGROK
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Since this thread was lost in the forum crash, here it is again. Didn't really get a chance to read the replies last time. Does this seem like a reasonable bulking diet, and are there any obvious problems with it?

Breakfast
4 Eggs
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables

Lunch

1 Serving Chicken Breast Strips
2 TBSP Peanut Butter
1 Slice WW Bread
2 TSP Olive Oil
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables

Pre Workout

1 Cup 2% Milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Potato
1 Banana

Post Workout

1 Cup 2% Milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Potato
1 Banana

Dinner
2 TBSP Peanut Butter
1 Slice WW Bread
1 Cup Mixed Vegetables

McIrish
01-04-2008, 09:44 PM
The best question is the simplest - are you gaining weight while putting on an acceptably low amount of fat? It looks like you have largely good food choices (whole grains, veggies, lean protein, etc.) and if you're gaining muscle mass without turning into a blimp, keep it up! Just judging by eyeballing, however, unless you're like 130 lbs you probably won't be gaining a ton on that. Ever tracked before? www.fitday.com

RhodeHouse
01-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Eat some fast food if you're gaining weight.

Built
01-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Structure of it looks fine. If you don't gain, eat more of it.

TopCat
01-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Eat some fast food if you're gaining weight.

Ya, I have been so busy over the holidays there have been numerous times were just packing in 1500+ cals has been necessary to get above maintenance. When bulking you do what you have to. If you can eat enough like you listed above... great. If you find your not gaining weight, don't have an appetite, or can't get in enough throw in some goodies.

OGROK
01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
The best question is the simplest - are you gaining weight while putting on an acceptably low amount of fat? It looks like you have largely good food choices (whole grains, veggies, lean protein, etc.) and if you're gaining muscle mass without turning into a blimp, keep it up! Just judging by eyeballing, however, unless you're like 130 lbs you probably won't be gaining a ton on that. Ever tracked before? www.fitday.com

Hey, good point. I hadn't actually calculated the calories on the last one; it came out to be like 2500cals. With revisions, this one has 3421 total calories. I weight 185lbs, should I be able to make good gains on this or should I try to kick the calories up even more?

Breakfast
1 Cup 2% Milk
1 Cup Oatmeal
4 Eggs
2 TSP Olive Oil (mixed with the oatmeal so I can't taste it)

Lunch
4 TBSP Peanut Butter
2 Slice WW Bread
2 Cup Mixed Vegetables

Pre Workout
1 Cup 2% Milk
1 Scoop Whey
1 Potato
1 Banana

Post Workout
1 Cup 2% Milk