PDA

View Full Version : I've heard both sides of this issue...what's the correct one?

Blade55
01-06-2008, 11:36 AM
I've read on here that doesn't matter what you eat, you won't gain a lot of fat unless you go way over your maintenance. Then I also remember reading it does matter what you eat....and that if you're eating crappy foods regardless of whether you go a little over maintenance or a lot over...you're going to gain mostly fat. What's the deal?

BFGUITAR
01-06-2008, 01:33 PM
When you go to the extremes things break down. If you need nothing but sugar and protein with some fat your not going to get the best results. That being said, eating 100% perfect with no deviation wont get you any better results.

Eating a normal diet with adequate protein and fat with carbs will yield the best results for your input.

Overall, what you eat does matter but for the most part, its all about the calories. This doesnt mean you can go out and eat fast food all the time with high sodium and trans fat.

pbal17
01-06-2008, 03:15 PM
people here will tell you calories are calories, but when you are ingesting ****ty food you should expect ****ty results. nutrition is all about balance and i think that includes a good balance between eating everything in sight and eating what is most healthy

LouPac
01-06-2008, 07:50 PM
In my opinion it all depends what your goals are, if you're trying to get under 10% bodyfat then it's going to matter a great deal what you eat. But there are also a lot of intangibles such as genetics, metabolism, etc. Different things work for different people, but you won't ever truly learn what's best for you unless you learn through trial and error.

chris taylor
01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
If your maintenance is 2000 cals and yu eat 2000 cals of crap yu wont gain weight but in time yur current composition of mass will change to crap. Also if you eat good but go to high in calories even if its protein you will get chubby as well.. you have to find what works for you through trial and error but you need to get consistent with one plan long enuff to be able to tweak it and see results one way or another... Good Luck..

CT

RhodeHouse
01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Eat. Figure it out for yourself by doing it.

Slim Schaedle
01-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Eat. Figure it out for yourself by doing it.

Could not agree more.