PDA

View Full Version : Some opinions please on chest hair... before/after photos inside

GoodThings
01-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Was wondering if some people here could help me out. I have been thinking about getting laser hair removal, and I finally shaved my chest tonight for the first time. In some ways I'm happy with the results, but in others I'm upset. I think that it certainly makes me look less "manly", maybe younger. I also think it makes my chest look smaller. At the center, between the pecs, I can see striations when I flex though, which I like. The hair covered all that up before.

Anyway, all criticism appreciated.

Lones Green
01-06-2008, 08:41 PM
real men have hair

Tofer
01-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I think it looks better without the hair. In the past year or so I've noticed chest hair coming in to the point where I probably have as much as you do in the first pic. If I ever decide to go to the beach or whatever, I'll probably shave it too. Laser surgery, though? Nah, seems pointless. You don't have enough hair to make it worth your while.

Oh, and I don't know about shaving the stomach...

TwiloMike
01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
I think that you look good either way. You don't have an overabundance of hair, and the hair that you have doesn't grow in a bad looking pattern. As far as my preference, I like you better with hair.

berfles
01-06-2008, 09:14 PM
I hate body hair, so I think it's better without.

CleverName
01-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Eh, I think you look better with the hair... wish I had some chest hair on me.

Built
01-06-2008, 09:42 PM
You're yummy either way.

Hair is fine. Laser is fine. Stubble is NOT FINE. Ick ick ick so BRISTLY!!!

foodist
01-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Men without chest hair look kinda weird to me... And i know a lot of women say they dont like it when guys shave their chest hair.

whiteman90909
01-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I think you can get rid of it if you stay cut and lean, but a fatty or an old person without chest hair is just nasty... I say shave till your bulk, then let it grow. Laser removal just seems to permanent.

hulkinout
01-07-2008, 08:53 AM
You don't have that much to begin with, so unless you have spare cash lying around that you need to spend, I wouldn't waste my money on the laser. A few swipes of the razor every few days should be all you need if you want to keep your chest clear.

Nice pecs BTW.

Lumiel
01-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Chest hair is as much an icon of masculinity as muscles are. A muscled guy without chest hair is a boy in my opinion. You have so little and what does come in looks great and is in such a good pattern that you should leave it.

In my opinion, any man who's not ok with his chest hair has to look deeply at his issues with his own masculinity. And any woman who doesn't like chest hair on a man, probably has some father issues to look at... :-P

By the way, laser hair removal is excessively expensive, NOT permanent and TOO painful for what you're working with if you insist on a smooth chest. Just leave it be. You look great the way god made ya.

ballin21
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
you definitely DO NOT need to laser, you look fine either way, just your personal preference

Unholy
01-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I hate chest hair, mine is like yours too, not too thick. I shave it anyway.

I guess all BBers are boys then =O

deeder
01-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Haha that's not even hairy!!! We should start a "how hairy is your chest" thread. I think I'd be close to the top ;)

Either or works man... I don't know who said it but they're right... You can't be fat and have no chest hair... it just looks silly...

Lumiel
01-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Haha that's not even hairy!!! We should start a "how hairy is your chest" thread. I think I'd be close to the top ;)

Either or works man... I don't know who said it but they're right... You can't be fat and have no chest hair... it just looks silly...

I dunno man... I might beat you out in that chest hair competition. :-)

eastbaylifter
01-07-2008, 04:25 PM
I think you can get rid of it if you stay cut and lean, but a fatty or an old person without chest hair is just nasty... I say shave till your bulk, then let it grow. Laser removal just seems to permanent.

I agree with whiteman on that last statement. Shave/trim if you want, but don't do the laser thing. You may change your mind later.

deeder
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I dunno man... I might beat you out in that chest hair competition. :-)

Haha perhaps judging by the thickness of your beard in your pic ;)

Oddly enough I don't grow much facial hair and am fairly bald on the rest of my body but my chest and stomach looks like a rug :ninja:

CaliSurfBoy
01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Was wondering if some people here could help me out. I have been thinking about getting laser hair removal, and I finally shaved my chest tonight for the first time. In some ways I'm happy with the results, but in others I'm upset. I think that it certainly makes me look less "manly", maybe younger. I also think it makes my chest look smaller. At the center, between the pecs, I can see striations when I flex though, which I like. The hair covered all that up before.

Anyway, all criticism appreciated.

bro i think u look good with chest hair.
without is nice as well though

fpr
01-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Oddly enough I don't grow much facial hair and am fairly bald on the rest of my body but my chest and stomach looks like a rug :ninja:

damn, I'm the exact same way.... i've got patches of no hair on my face :(

Cards
01-12-2008, 12:35 AM
don't shave the chest hair btw.. i'm alittle late to this thread. I have WAY more chest hair then you and I trim mine. Laser, I think not. Just embrace it, girls actually like it most of the time if they don't they generally don't mind it.

HILL
01-12-2008, 06:06 AM
i shave my chest and stomach but mine is 10 times worse than ures. i think you look better without it but each o there own.

it annoys me having to shave i every 4-5 days to be honest and i am debating about laser myself.

Maj. Office Gut
01-14-2008, 07:53 PM
waxing = cheaper than laser removal

TJ2389
01-14-2008, 08:10 PM

ouch...

fpr
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I havne't done any research on the laser hair removal.... but maybe you guys can answer.
How long does it last for?
Any chances of getting negative radiation from it?

jAy_Dub
01-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I havne't done any research on the laser hair removal.... but maybe you guys can answer.
How long does it last for?
Any chances of getting negative radiation from it?

Its permanent.

To the OP, look better with out the hair.

Nosaj
01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Look better without the chest hair. I'm not a fan on a shaved stomach though. I razor my chest, tweeze my upper back, nair my lower back and use an electric trimmer for my stomach with no guard, but that would probably make Built cry because it's VERY stubbly... and I love it. :evillaugh:

Mad Martigan
01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
don't shave the chest hair btw.. i'm alittle late to this thread. I have WAY more chest hair then you and I trim mine. Laser, I think not. Just embrace it, girls actually like it most of the time if they don't they generally don't mind it.

The last med student I bedded said it was like sleeping with a randy carebear.

NewLife
01-17-2008, 01:53 AM
dude u don't have that much in the start and if you shave it won't it grow back thicker if its an issue for you? keep it man heaps of girls dig it

rookiebldr
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree with twilo, however my preference for you would be to shave.

kate
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
definitly hair- you're no hairy gorilla or anything, i think a little is hot

megatmoe
01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Every girl Ive ever dated HATED it when I let my chest hair grow out. I would say keep hitting it with the Mach3!

KristianT
01-20-2008, 12:22 AM
Definently keep the hair. I have very similar chest and stomach hair to you. I have never considered getting rid of it. Chest hair is a symbol of masculinity. You wouldn't get rid of your penis, your deep voice or your muscle so why would you even think about getting rid of your chest hair.
You may think you look more 'beautiful' without chest hair but beauty is not what masculinity is about. If your in this for being beautiful then perhaps you should find yourself a membership to an all girl's gym because that is where you belong. Be a man. And thats all about being a ****ing powerhouse.
Keep the hair !

Shatter
01-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Girls like no chest hair, women like chest hair... in my experience. I think you look much better with it.

Cards
01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
Girls like no chest hair, women like chest hair... in my experience. I think you look much better with it.

and more times then not woman are better then girls ;)

Mad Martigan
01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
and more times then not woman are better then girls ;)

Well, that may be, but I like rolling around with both of them.

Unholy
01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Definently keep the hair. I have very similar chest and stomach hair to you. I have never considered getting rid of it. Chest hair is a symbol of masculinity. You wouldn't get rid of your penis, your deep voice or your muscle so why would you even think about getting rid of your chest hair.
You may think you look more 'beautiful' without chest hair but beauty is not what masculinity is about. If your in this for being beautiful then perhaps you should find yourself a membership to an all girl's gym because that is where you belong. Be a man. And thats all about being a ****ing powerhouse.
Keep the hair !

stfu :fart:

chinaz
01-22-2008, 07:29 PM
its no biggy.

i would say no hair tho.

mikesbytes
01-23-2008, 05:58 AM

This was exactly what I was going to say. And while different females would have different views, the females who have responded to this thread tend to comply to the above segmentation.

IronGrip IV
01-23-2008, 06:53 AM
No chest hair if you're going for the "cut" look. I don't have much chest hair, but I do keep them shaved daily... also shaved arms... armpit hair always trim, also I even take a mustache trimmer to my eyebrows every few days as mine used to be kind of bushy looking like yours. I have never had any women complain about any of the above, the wife loves it...

foodist
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
lol, im surprised this thread is still here. haha. I guess its a really mixed response. But yeah, if a girl is all grossed out by some chest hair i think they need to grow up.

Stumprrp
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
looks good either way man, i usually nair/shave everything except my forearms and chest hair, but i have curly pubic like chest hair that i might get rid of next time.

FunGuy32818
02-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Hair Is Cool

Wednesday.
02-29-2008, 03:12 AM
Okay I was expecting Chewbacca when I opened up your first pic. Well, well! What a nice surprise.

female opinion: men are hairy, leave it alone

Sidior
02-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Keep the hair !

Men also smell, does that mean wearing deodorant is feminine?

Jorge Sanchez
02-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Men also smell, does that mean wearing deodorant is feminine?

Obviously. What kind of question is that? You mean to tell me that you wear deodorant? You probably even shower more than once a week. I always knew you were just a freakishly strong woman. ;)

The Bran Man
02-29-2008, 01:18 PM
I have hair only on me left peck and nipple is this normal :clown:

Symbiot
02-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Looks fine either way, bro. It's not like you're a gorilla or anything.

Patz
02-29-2008, 10:10 PM

Como se llama! Ahhhh!!! Kelly Clarkson!

burger910boy
01-31-2010, 11:48 AM
grow it out

cphafner
01-31-2010, 11:54 AM
wow, odd bump.

Bodyguard
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Wow, I love it when people bump old ass threads.