PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Women (need advice on diet)

Davey.
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm helping a friend with her diet. It's not as easy as I thought it would be because 1) she has never eaten healthy on a regular basis and 2) she is a very picky eater.

So here is the diet that we worked on. I need advice on what other foods she should be eating to bump up the calories. She is 150lbs.

Meal 1 - 2 full eggs, 1 slice of whole wheat toast

Meal 2 - 1 serving beans, 1 serving rice, cheddar cheese

Meal 3 - carrots, cheddar cheese

Meal 4 - salad, 1/2 chicken breast

Meal 5 - 1 glass milk, 1 scoop protein shake, 1 banana

She does not like tuna or oatmeal at all! Or cottage cheese!

Also, what would be a good carb for her to eat after working out? She wants to eat a protein shake but not dextrose.

Hatred
01-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Give her the link to the site and have her talk to BBB , Getfit, or Built.

Unless of course you are trying to be a savior in order to get laid in which case I suggest you talk to them. But they probably won't help you because the game of "diet telephone" doesn't work.

BBB
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
We really don't care about WHAT she eats. We're more concerned with macros and goals. We also need to know what her maintenance calories are and to find that you need to have her track on www.fitday.com for a week. Without that info, there's not a whole lot anyone can do for her (or you).

At first glance - all I can say definitively is that the diet you wrote up does not contain enough protein. Can't say more than that without more info. Sorry.

Blanche_Soprano
01-13-2008, 07:26 PM
I may not be the best for diet and nutrition advice, but if she has never been a healthy eater, a complete overhaul may scare her. It all depends on the type of person though. She may just want the change though.

You may want to consider smaller steps instead. But as BBB said, have her track her calories for a week. Then you can look at what needs to change, too much sugar, not enough protein, etc.

Built
01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
BBB nailed it.

Link in my sig has general guidelines for diet. In a nutshell, once she has her calories figured out:

At least a gram of protein per pound LBM
At least a half a gram of fat per pound LBM
- roughly a third each from mono, poly and saturated fats
- 10g fish oil daily
At least 25g of fibre from food, not fibre supps.

If she doesn't know her LBM, go with 80% of her goal weight - it'll be close enough for now.

Is she looking to get her calories up?