PDA

View Full Version : Protein ball Snack (PB + Choc..)

quite
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
hey

just tried seeing if i could make some kind of snack full of protein, instead of just shakes, and came up with this:

1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
0.5 tbsp nutella
some blended oats
some chocolate nesquick powder

put it all in a pan on the lowest heat properly (just to heat to make it mixable, not cook it!)

then stirred until all mixed nicely, then made 2 small balls and wrapped in clingfilm, and put them in the freezer to harden for an hour and a half.

really tasty, packed with protein from whey powder and peanut butter, few extra calories from the oats, and flavour from nutella and nesquick.

Enjoy

Invain
01-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Sounds sweet. Nutella is awsome.

getfit
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
oh yum!I love all the recipes you guys are posting up :D

quite
01-08-2008, 06:53 AM
its my first one :D

thought id invent something which could be taken somewhere, and eaten for a quick protein snack (after a workout for example) as its not always easy to make a fresh shake.

and i heard places that by cooking whey protein it is less effective, and this recipe doesnt even cook it!!

you could probably also make it into bars, but i chose balls, just because.

Ben Moore
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Another one: 1 jar natural peanut butter, 12 scoops Nitrean (or your favorite protien powder), put that into a mixer and drizzle honey in until it becomes the consistency of cookie dough. Roll into balls and store in fridge or freezer. You can add oats, chocolate chips, anything you want.