PDA

View Full Version : 400 pound atg squat!

Fuzzy
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
407 back squat

FnWBeM9_-QY

308 front squat

VQqVA7mFGJE

I deadlifted 407 for 8 straight reps and 462 for a triple in betweem wich is why the front squats werent the best.

I need to nail a 330+ fronty soon.

Lones Green
01-07-2008, 05:04 PM
nice lifts man.

deeder
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Lol you make some great noises Fuzzy :D It's the only reason I watch your vids!

It's hard to tell with the spotter there but it looks like you're actually cutting pretty close to parallel (meaning you're not 3-4 inches deep like I'd expect when I hear ATG). Your knees travel forward a ton during your back squat so while you travel a big distance you're just hitting parallel.

Front squat looks really good too! Your hips came up a little fast but I'm sure that's from you being tired from the deadlifts... :)

You're one strong child!!! :windup:

P.S.

If we ever meet in real life I'm breaking your knee caps so you stop making me look bad... Just an FYI :D

Fuzzy
01-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Lol you make some great noises Fuzzy :D It's the only reason I watch your vids!

It's hard to tell with the spotter there but it looks like you're actually cutting pretty close to parallel (meaning you're not 3-4 inches deep like I'd expect when I hear ATG). Your knees travel forward a ton during your back squat so while you travel a big distance you're just hitting parallel.

Front squat looks really good too! Your hips came up a little fast but I'm sure that's from you being tired from the deadlifts... :)

P.S.

If we ever meet in real life I'm breaking your knee caps so you stop making me look bad... Just an FYI :D

Hey, Im a vocal lifter!

This has me confused to, I hit as low as I could I BOUNCED out of the hole, it was as deep as I could go, i dont know why it looked high.
..guess 29" legs make it a bit hard lol.

Yeah, i was definitely fatuiged during the fronts, I have easily doubled that weight before, but no matter, i will hit a good 330 soon, and expect a 350 fronty in the next few months.

Oh, as for breaking my knee caps, bring it :p

In all honesty, it felt like a speed rep, i reckon Im good for 420+ Will hit 450 soon as well.

chris mason
01-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Good work Fuzzy!

TopCat
01-07-2008, 08:14 PM
I had the same problem and question at one point. Ran through the squat Rx videos and #4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZ1HzoH0Rw) slightly before the 7 minute mark explains it. I use a relatively narrow stance, thus my knees go far out and there is a little difference between atg and parallel. I'm guessing that might be your same problem.

JHarris
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Yep, that's the issue. The more your knees go out, the more parallel your shins become, and consequently the more parallel your ATG position. But letting your knees go out over your toes gets you down deeper and lets you stay more upright, which is sweet for guys who really need to get down low.

BTW, nice work Fuzzy. You are improving every video I see. Throw up some more full lift videos!

deeder
01-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Hey, Im a vocal lifter!

This has me confused to, I hit as low as I could I BOUNCED out of the hole, it was as deep as I could go, i dont know why it looked high.
..guess 29" legs make it a bit hard lol.

Yeah, i was definitely fatuiged during the fronts, I have easily doubled that weight before, but no matter, i will hit a good 330 soon, and expect a 350 fronty in the next few months.

Oh, as for breaking my knee caps, bring it :p

In all honesty, it felt like a speed rep, i reckon Im good for 420+ Will hit 450 soon as well.

Oh well, you're still squatting deep.. It just doesn't look as deep as it would if it were a powerlifting style squat. You are definitely a monster!!!

Fuzzy
01-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Yep, that's the issue. The more your knees go out, the more parallel your shins become, and consequently the more parallel your ATG position. But letting your knees go out over your toes gets you down deeper and lets you stay more upright, which is sweet for guys who really need to get down low.

BTW, nice work Fuzzy. You are improving every video I see. Throw up some more full lift videos!

I always seem to forget to flare out a bit more, my feet are pretty close to dead straight. I think im leg pressing it too much as oppsoed to sitting in between my legs.

Its markedly different to my front squat. I made the same mistake, squatting waaaaaaay too narow and kept fialing weight I should hit easy.

If I am training this to be main lift specific then i mus squat in the stance i recieve, wih is wider and more flared then my original squatting stance, and I will lift more to this way, always next time!!

J, Ive been having isses witthe committee ltely so have turned my and at dropping wieght and getting stronger, i have all the time in the orld to re work the lift.

Snatch stands at 90kg, clean and jerk at 120.

Guido
01-08-2008, 11:02 AM
You've come a long way, Fuzzy. Nice work.

deeder
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Do you remember what your squat was when you first joined?? Are there old videos of you from when you first joined anywhere?

Wow! I just found this old pic of you (posted June '06):

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21120&d=1150110255

Ben Moore
01-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Nice work man! Get the vid from the side next time and you can avoid some of the feedback.

Fuzzy
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Do you remember what your squat was when you first joined?? Are there old videos of you from when you first joined anywhere?

Wow! I just found this old pic of you (posted June '06):

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21120&d=1150110255

HAHAHAHAHA, thanks man,

and yeah, I was thinking about my old squat form... and old self in general?

Its amazig how much growing up and learnig can happen in 18 months, from annoying cocky teenager to something alot better ;)

You know its funny, but even the way someone posts can tell you alot about a person, I know the exact post were I snapped out of being an insecure little lying bitch and began conributing to something besides my own ego.

I said I benched 308 a long time before I actually did it, and now I can happily and confidently say there is no bull****, and I have the proof!! I actually want to smack myself looking at my old posts, but what can you do? Its all part of growing up i guess.

Whatever happened to ruff? do me a favour and show her this if you can.

Fuzzy
01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Nice work man! Get the vid from the side next time and you can avoid some of the feedback.

Yes, but if a 15 year old told you he squatted 407 deep and posted a vdeo from the sides without 4 plats clearly showing would you beleive him?

You've come a long way, Fuzzy. Nice work.

Thanks mate :)

TopCat
01-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes, but if a 15 year old told you he squatted 407 deep and posted a vdeo from the sides without 4 plats clearly showing would you beleive him?

No. Unless said 15 year old told me he goes by Fuzzy.

Obviously that is on youtube so everyone watching might not know you. I believe you have enough respect on this site however that no one would question your lifts.

Mike G
01-08-2008, 07:20 PM
When you gonna admit you're not 15?

Really impressive stuff Fuzzy. Getting really strong and it will be interesting to see you competing in a few years after you get some more coaching. Are you rowing anymore, or is that on the back burner since you are getting huge?

Fuzzy
01-08-2008, 08:12 PM
When you gonna admit you're not 15?

Really impressive stuff Fuzzy. Getting really strong and it will be interesting to see you competing in a few years after you get some more coaching. Are you rowing anymore, or is that on the back burner since you are getting huge?

Yes, rowing is def out of the picture, I could do it but too many dsagreements with the coach about the training methods... I simply pointed out that rowers need squats, cleand and bb rows, not 5 kinds of pec excersises. So I quit. Hes an old idiot.

Doing that also got me in a wee bit of trouble with the Sporting Institute, but **** em, tha little weed needed to be shut down. I tend to **** off ever coach except mine, lol.

As for getting huge... I need to lose some bodyfat for health reasons as much as ones of vanity, but that's no problem. Also, once I clean up this gut I can slowly gain good weight till Im up to just under 231, wich is my weight class.

But if something happens and my Olympic lifting career ends... 250 and onwards.

No. Unless said 15 year old told me he goes by Fuzzy.

Obviously that is on youtube so everyone watching might not know you. I believe you have enough respect on this site however that no one would question your lifts.

Wasn't like that a while back, plus, I ned this footage for a video Im making, so more plates hwing the better.

Sensei
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I had the same problem and question at one point. Ran through the squat Rx videos and #4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZ1HzoH0Rw) slightly before the 7 minute mark explains it. I use a relatively narrow stance, thus my knees go far out and there is a little difference between atg and parallel. I'm guessing that might be your same problem.If that's a "problem", I think most lifters want that problem! He squats OL-style and that's the way it should be done.

Nice job Fuzzy - strong stuff!!

TopCat
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
If that's a "problem", I think most lifters want that problem! He squats OL-style and that's the way it should be done.

Nice job Fuzzy - strong stuff!!

Gah! Im owned again. Thanks for clarification Sensei :D and here I was about to change my stance...

The Champion
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Fuzzy can I get some of your food, please?

North
01-10-2008, 12:36 AM

P.S.

I agree, that is one strong man cub

Ben Moore
01-10-2008, 08:46 AM

Well, just show the plates at the end by taking the camera over to the bar to get a closeup. Personally, I'd just keep doing what you're doing big man and not worry about who believes you and who doesn't.

Killa Kurt
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Looked deep enough for me, good job.

Invain
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Fuzzy you make me cry.

Fuzzy
02-04-2008, 03:41 AM
Fuzzy you make me cry.

Tears of joy?

MR EVO
02-04-2008, 04:19 AM