I usually eat a box of maccorini and cheese 1-3 times a week
I eat freezer steaks once a day
I eat ramen noodles ALOT

^Im trying to change this^

Some good things i eat are:
Tuna
Eggs
Whey Protein

Monday( I know working both these on the same day isnt that smart)
Tris And Bis

Tuesday
Chest

Wensday
Back

Thursday
Shoulders

Friday
Rest

Im 200 Pounds

My questions are:

What would be the best weight to get down to with 10-12% Body fat?

Is it possible to go up in weight even though ill be losing 15+ pounds plus?

How how many Calories Should i eat?

What should the spread be between Proteins Carbs and Fats?

How many reps should i be doing in each set?

I mostly do 14 12 10 to try to get more cut.

What are good foods I should be eating

are GNC vitamins worth the xtra money.

Do i need to eat vegetables cause i hate them

Are there any good fat burners out on the market.

whiteman90909
01-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Read the stickies and track your calories on fitday.com. Just try and get your diet in order, then worry about losing weight.

Legend1029
01-08-2008, 08:51 PM
i did the problem is my diet is crazy. I read the stickies and it says reduce ur cal intake but X%. My calories per day are either between 1,500 or like 3,000 so its hard for me to grasp.

Torrok
01-08-2008, 09:05 PM
lol dont take fat burners, all the pills and crap will get to your head. stay away. ban them, they are satan and you are...opposite of satan.
point being
these foods you should limit yourself to, majorly. http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

also your macros typically should be around..well.. 40% protein 40% carb 20% fat
that is LEAN Protein, COMPLEX(starches like whole grains, potatoes, and green veggies-and to asnwere your question, YES you should eat tons of veggies) and GOOD fats-mono and polyunsaturated, omega-3 and so on

Multivitamin pills are worth the money. they are ESSENTIAL to the body, you have to have them. if you get them through your food, which means eating alot of differnent food, then dont worry about pills

Calories, well, figure out your BMR. google it, then once you've found that id start cutting down 100-200 calories from your BMR. slowly decrease it to loose weight. Eat lots of protein to maintaine muscle
and as for your routine, do you go to a gym?
if so try the links below(my signature) they are the links you need, one of them is a routine. id suggest doing that one. its called WWB1
hope this can help

BFGUITAR
01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
lol dont take fat burners, all the pills and crap will get to your head. stay away. ban them, they are satan and you are...opposite of satan.
point being
these foods you should limit yourself to, majorly. http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php

also your macros typically should be around..well.. 40% protein 40% carb 20% fat
that is LEAN Protein, COMPLEX(starches like whole grains, potatoes, and green veggies-and to asnwere your question, YES you should eat tons of veggies) and GOOD fats-mono and polyunsaturated, omega-3 and so on

Multivitamin pills are worth the money. they are ESSENTIAL to the body, you have to have them. if you get them through your food, which means eating alot of differnent food, then dont worry about pills

Calories, well, figure out your BMR. google it, then once you've found that id start cutting down 100-200 calories from your BMR. slowly decrease it to loose weight. Eat lots of protein to maintaine muscle
and as for your routine, do you go to a gym?
if so try the links below(my signature) they are the links you need, one of them is a routine. id suggest doing that one. its called WWB1
hope this can help

40% protein 40% carb 20% fat: This isnt really the best guideline. Have 1.5 g of protein per pound of LBM and 0.5 g of fat per pound and fill the rest of the calories with what every you want.

And reducing 100-200 calories a day wont do anything. Lowering by 500 calories seems to be the best choice.

whiteman90909
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
i did the problem is my diet is crazy. I read the stickies and it says reduce ur cal intake but X%. My calories per day are either between 1,500 or like 3,000 so its hard for me to grasp.

Back to what I said, get a consistent diet, then try and cut.

left hook
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
I'll let the diet gurus deal with the fod but why a arm day before hitting chest?

Slim Schaedle
01-09-2008, 11:54 PM

huh?

Aspect
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I'll let the diet gurus deal with the fod but why a arm day before hitting chest?

Was that honestly the first thing that jumped out at you about a routine that doesn't hit legs AT ALL?!? ;) (sorry, not picking on you - just struck me that swapping days around in a routine that doesn't hit the biggest muscle groups is kinda like polishing a turd...)

Back to the initial questions:

What would be the best weight to get down to with 10-12% Body fat?
Depends on what you want to look like - the physique I consider ideal will probably be different to yours. My advice would be to concentrate on getting your body fat down, and see what you think - if you want to be more muscular, then add muscle at that point. But focus on one thing at a time - if you try to add muscle and lose fat at the same time, you've got a good chance of staying exactly the same as you are now (speaking from experience, unfortunately!)

Is it possible to go up in weight even though ill be losing 15+ pounds plus?
It's possible, but as I said above it's highly unlikely. Again, I'd suggest you don't worry about muscle gains in the short term, and concentrate on getting the fat down; then you can build on a good foundation. You'll gain strength from the weights, and may gain a bit of muscle anyway; but just focus on the fat loss first. And you don't need to lose 15lbs; you need to lose over 30lbs to get down to 10-12% bodyfat.

How how many Calories Should i eat?
Fewer than you do at the moment. As has been advised above, start by getting your diet consistent, so you know how many calories you're eating now. From there, work out your "maintenance" calories (the amount at which your body weight stays the same). They drop that amount by at least a few hundred calories per day.

What should the spread be between Proteins Carbs and Fats?
This may be heretical, but I don't think this is the be-all and end-all, particularly when you're trying to lose weight Far more important is the amount you eat. I'd suggest you get somewhere in the region of 150g protein per day, and after that I'd simply say you try to eat a healthy, balanced diet - plenty of fruit and veg, oils, nuts, seeds, meat, fish etc.

How many reps should i be doing in each set?
It almost doesn't matter. What I would say (and as I've said above) is that, overall, your routine looks poor to me; it avoids the biggest muscles and muscle groups in the body. I'd strongly suggest you look at your routine as a whole and change it; it may be that the WBB routine would suit you well (you can find it on the main site). While you're trying to lose weight, I'd also add some cardio into the mix.

What are good foods I should be eating
Vegetables and fruit, nuts and seeds, lean meat and fish, oils. Avoid foods that are heavily processed, particularly those high in sugar. While you're trying to lose weight, I'd also suggest trying to avoid too many calorie-dense foods (e.g. bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, sweets etc.); you'll feel fuller on fewer calories, and are more likely to stick to your eating plan.

are GNC vitamins worth the xtra money
By all means take a multivitamin, although you should try to make sure you eat a load of fruit and veg to get plenty of vits anyway. But an extra helping hand won't hurt.

Do i need to eat vegetables cause i hate them
Yes, otherwise a man with a stick will beat you. Seriously, I don't understand how you can hate all vegetables; maybe you just haven't tried a wide enough variety, or haven't tried cooking them differently?

Are there any good fat burners out on the market
I have no idea, but I'd suggest you don't worry about them right now and simply get your diet and exercise routine sorted out first and see what kind of progress you make like that. You might be surprised.

tobert88
09-23-2010, 03:38 PM
While I'm by no means an expert, I've done my fair share of research and trial and error with nearly every diet and exercise regimen you can find.

Since you are trying to lose a fair amount of weight my recommendation would be to first cut down some body fat before you start focusing on increasing your muscle mass. What I just started to do, and have seen a HUGE improvement in my body fat levels from, is carrying a gallon of water with me all day. When having a meal I will set goals for a certain amount of the gallon to finish before finishing the meal. It will tremendously help you lower the amount of food you eat and you will see results very quickly.

One pound of body fat is equal to about 3500 calories, so by simply cutting 500 calories a day you'll burn about a pound a week.

Another suggestion, DON'T starve yourself. You can try not eating in the late afternoon, and find yourself starving and digging through your freezer at 10 at night, this defeats the purpose of your dieting. Stock up on fruits and vegetables and eat them throughout the day when you start to get hungry. Before you exercise, eat some extra carbohydrates to keep you energized through your work out. After your workout, look for a lean source of protein. I personally just buy a bag of turkey breast from the deli counter and snack on it after my workout. There are all kinds of recommendations out there on how much protein to take in, blah, blah, blah. Just try to eat a small amount throughout the day, this is where snacking on deli meat comes in handy. Your body can only absorb 40 grams of protein at one time, so bulking up after a workout is just going to convert the excess to fat.

Hopefully some of this helps, and good luck.