PDA

View Full Version : Maximus

chris taylor
01-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Ok I want to first start this post by saying I am not a kid who runs out and reads labels and buys into the scam of marketing in the BB supplement world, I have been training and competing in powerlifting for nearly 18yrs. I know when my body responds and when it doesnt.
That being said
I have never taken an over the counter product and noticed results the way I do with the Maximus shake. I can Honestly say that when I drink it just twice a day my recovery and strength both increase about 10% as oposed to when I miss a couple days (over the weekend when Im not into the diet thing) I cant even believe I am writing this cause it sounds like one of them stupid adds but It is the honest truth. On top of the results the stuff tatses good and doesnt make me run to the bathroom every 45 minutes. I was originally worried about the carb content since I try to keep mine down but I dont get the insulin response I would normally when I take in more then 50 grams in a meal, infact my energy level stays very consistent. Add to it the extra flax and ETS and the other stuff Chris puts in it and you got a crazy awesome drink that can supplement a good diet. Im sold on it and I am the biggest skeptic there is about any supplements.

Chris Taylor

chris mason
01-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Awesome, thanks Chris!

Chris

dynamo
01-20-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm looking to put on some serious LBM. I don't give a hoot about being 300lbs I just care about optimized muscle growth and reaching my goals. I read the ingredients for the maximus and I am hella impressed with its ingredients. I was doing nitrean but I haven't been seeing the gains I think I should. Not too many reviews on this product but I am going to try it out and see if its helpful for my growth and recovery. Nitrean, I have been thoroughly impressed with, I don't see why maximus would let me down.
One question I do have is how should I implement this supplement? Should I do 5 scoops in the AM or 5 in the PM or 5 throughout the day? or should I do more than 5? I have a 400-500 cal breakfast of some whole grain granola/healthy fats cereal, I have a 500-600 cal lunch of boca burgers and/or fish and/or chicken and then a 1000 cal dinner with veggies and the aforementioned stuff. Perhaps I should increase my calorie intake as well? Maximus will help with this for sure, thanks for any info!

chris mason
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
If you are going to use 1 serving per day I suggest you use it PWO on training days and any time it fits on off days.

Chris

chris taylor
01-21-2008, 05:01 AM
I use the Maximus 2 times a day and if its a training day I slam it down immediately following the workout.. I basically use 4-5 scoops per drink depending what my other meals from the day were like in carb content.
Currently I am eating 200 grams of carbs a day spaced out over 5-6 meals 250-300 grams protien, and good fats thrown in when possible.. Looking at your build(5'11'' 208) I would add some nuts to your eating plans during the day between meals to help keep your metabolism from feeding on your muscle mass.

CT

getb1g
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
I use the Maximus 2 times a day and if its a training day I slam it down immediately following the workout.. I basically use 4-5 scoops per drink depending what my other meals from the day were like in carb content.
Currently I am eating 200 grams of carbs a day spaced out over 5-6 meals 250-300 grams protien, and good fats thrown in when possible.. Looking at your build(5'11'' 208) I would add some nuts to your eating plans during the day between meals to help keep your metabolism from feeding on your muscle mass.

CT

Must be rich to drink that much maximus :omg: .

chris taylor
01-21-2008, 12:37 PM
friend thats a rediculous statement,,, I don't know where you are from but here in NY it generally costs me $4-6 a meal to feed this freakshow of a body.. times 5-6 a day.. So the maximus at 20 servings using 5 scoops (which i dont always use) for $50 a Jug ????? do the math $2.50 per meal (that has all a reg meal has plus the added vitamins and supplements) or $4-6 hmmmmm.. Thats a no brainer

CT

HahnB
01-21-2008, 12:41 PM
This has been discussed before, maximus is cheaper than almost any decent meal you can prepare at home or get while you're out. I just ordered 2 tubs myself mainly because I miss the taste and the ease of preparation.

getb1g
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
friend thats a rediculous statement,,, I don't know where you are from but here in NY it generally costs me $4-6 a meal to feed this freakshow of a body.. times 5-6 a day.. So the maximus at 20 servings using 5 scoops (which i dont always use) for $50 a Jug ????? do the math $2.50 per meal (that has all a reg meal has plus the added vitamins and supplements) or $4-6 hmmmmm.. Thats a no brainer

CT

Im from Jersey so prices are basically the same. I see your point but, I'm 17 and I dont pay for my food (whole foods) but, I do pay for all my supplements.So 50$ every 10 days (assuming 2 servings a day) is a bit hefty for me.I wish I had more money.

chris taylor
01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
My way (4 scoops) yu get 25 servings and I always skip a day on weekends so it will last me 2 weeks or so... i guess if yur thinking $ 100 a month is expensive but remember its a replacement to reg food so over the long haul yu get more mileage for your money... (tell your parents they can save money if they get yu the Max instead of a couple trips to Mcd's) ....

CT

getb1g
01-21-2008, 03:24 PM
My way (4 scoops) yu get 25 servings and I always skip a day on weekends so it will last me 2 weeks or so... i guess if yur thinking $ 100 a month is expensive but remember its a replacement to reg food so over the long haul yu get more mileage for your money... (tell your parents they can save money if they get yu the Max instead of a couple trips to Mcd's) ....

CT
I don't go fast food alot and if I do, its for lunch and with my own money. I've tried convincing them but, it doesn't work.

getb1g
01-21-2008, 08:23 PM
omg now im craving maximus.,,, next time i order nitrean ill order maximus if i can afford it.

chris mason
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
omg now im craving maximus.,,, next time i order nitrean ill order maximus if i can afford it.

If your budget is tight and you want to get as big and strong as possible skip the Nitrean and get MAXIMUS.

dynamo
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
just had my first cup of maximus, working on my second (can't fit 5 scoops in a 24oz cup) and all I have to say is ohh my god it is soooo good!! I even got a free issue of PL USA!! I cannot wait to see how this supplement stands up, the ingredients are top notch thats why I bought 2 of them, I really hope this helps with strength increase and with size as well. mmmm its sooo tasty I bet this would be an awesome ice cream...hehe

chris mason
01-22-2008, 09:35 PM
just had my first cup of maximus, working on my second (can't fit 5 scoops in a 24oz cup) and all I have to say is ohh my god it is soooo good!! I even got a free issue of PL USA!! I cannot wait to see how this supplement stands up, the ingredients are top notch thats why I bought 2 of them, I really hope this helps with strength increase and with size as well. mmmm its sooo tasty I bet this would be an awesome ice cream...hehe

It is some good ****! We are glad you like it!

Hey, good enough for Donnie Thompson, good enough for anyone.

Chris

HahnB
01-24-2008, 05:06 PM
I really forgot how good this stuff tastes. I have been using ON natural chocolate and CytoGainer Cookies and Cream, maximus tastes better in water than either of the other 2 mixed in milk, ice cream and peanut butter.

chris mason
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
I really forgot how good this stuff tastes. I have been using ON natural chocolate and CytoGainer Cookies and Cream, maximus tastes better in water than either of the other 2 mixed in milk, ice cream and peanut butter.

It really is good, no? I think the chocolate is ridiculously good and like the vanilla as well.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Blade55
01-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Plan on ordering some soon. The only thing that turns me off with Maximus is the fact that it's only 616 calories. Even after two cups of milk you're still under 1,000 calories.

chris taylor
01-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Yeah but unlike most less quality products out there you actually get the calories you ingest where as some others you drink a big thick cup of goop and 10 minutes later yu prolly lost more weight then tried to gain cause everything from your esophagus to you rectum is flying out of you..

HahnB
01-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Plan on ordering some soon. The only thing that turns me off with Maximus is the fact that it's only 616 calories. Even after two cups of milk you're still under 1,000 calories.

A lot of gainers have a TON of sugar calories which are undesirable for most people. Add in peanut butter and olive oil and you're good to go. I always mix gainers in water because milk always makes them too thick.

method115
01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Yea the price of maximus is really good I was and still am impressed and I plan on buying some as soon as I move out of this apartment.

chris mason
01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah but unlike most less quality products out there you actually get the calories you ingest where as some others you drink a big thick cup of goop and 10 minutes later yu prolly lost more weight then tried to gain cause everything from your esophagus to you rectum is flying out of you..

Lol, good point!

caseymajor
01-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Just recieved my maximus today, can't wait to try out the product and give some positive feedback. For the most part, I am only going to take it PWO because all the other meals I eat it won't fit in anywhere else. Tasted the Opticen and WOW it taste great, hope maximus taste good too.

Just finished my workout last night and mixed up the maximus and that tasted even better then Opticen. Well all i have to say is AtLargeN. is where its at and can't wait to see results down the road.