PDA

View Full Version : The importance of simple carbs?

ryuage
01-17-2001, 06:06 PM
Are simple carbs after a workout necessary? Would it be very beneficial to consume a lot of simple carbs with a little of protein and creatine then have a solid meal about an hour later? Or is taking my creatine in water and eating a solid meal after my workout good enough?

Can someone just explain to me the pros and the cons and the whole idea about spiking insulin to shuttle nutrients to where they are needed. I just wonder if I should be consuming simple carbs with my protein and creatine or taking my creatine in water and eating my meal.

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks!

MissAbs
01-17-2001, 07:09 PM
Are simple carbs after a workout necessary?
No- not always depends on your goals and what you are currently working on.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

Would it be very beneficial to consume a lot of simple carbs with a little of protein and creatine then have a solid meal about an hour later?

Again, this could be an option depending on your goal. However I do not believe the average weight training person needs to go to this extreme.
++++++++++++++

Or is taking my creatine in water and eating a solid meal after my workout good enough?

Yes, although I would recommend that you take 50% of your protien needs for this meal in whey protein, with the balance in solid food.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Can someone just explain to me the pros and the cons and the whole idea about spiking insulin to shuttle nutrients to where they are needed.

This one would cost ya ;) Start reading as much as you can on this subject as it can and is a bit complex and not easy to answer in one simple post.
I do personally believe that the majority of us, need to create an elavated insulin situation in the body post training to achieve our physique goals.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I just wonder if I should be consuming simple carbs with my protein and creatine or taking my creatine in water and eating my meal.

Take your creatine with some water, eat your food and get some much needed sleep.

TheScorpionKing
05-19-2002, 06:26 PM
hey, whatever happened to Miss Abs anyways?