PDA

View Full Version : Grip Strength Training

Crossclinger
01-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Hello everyone,

Just discovered this site today. Looks pretty interesting.

I have a couple of questions for any grip strength trainers.

I have purchased a set of Heavy Grip trainers. I have a 100,150,200,250.

Does anyone know how these numbers compare to Captains of Crush versions?
Also, do the Heavy Grips have a reputation as being pretty constant. I read a review of them and this one person said he took the 150's to the gym and only one person out of 15 could close it. I had trained a week or so on the 100's and received the 150/200/250's yesterday. The 150's weren't hard at all. The 200's I could get closed 5 times, the 250 not so good. It just doesn't sound right that less than 10% of gym patrons couldn't close the 150s', unless it was womans fitness or something.
Suspicious either of the story or of the consistency of these things.

Next, if any of you have been training for some time with these things, what kind of progress have you made? It sounds as if one can get a strong grip fairly fast. I am 43 and have been weight training for over 20 years and its nice to have that kind of scenario. At my level, even minuscule gains feel great and come rarely. To have something that I can do on my off days is kind of fun too, can do it while I am reading the paper. Like I said, I have only been training for less than 2 weeks and already find it fun and can already feel my grip getting tighter.

One more. If any of you have been working out on these has it helped you at all in the weight room?

Thanks,

Darracq
01-13-2008, 09:05 AM
go to gripboard.com/index.php

coc`s are the best and the hardest to close, i think the ones you have are a little closer together making them eaisier to close and the wire is lower quaility, but there are a good budget gripper.

majorBRAWNtres
01-25-2008, 12:10 PM
i have a couple too, what is the number of reps that should be done with these? is it something that should b worked into an exercise program or is it just something on the side? what else can be done for grip other than these?

Hatred
01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Static holds and deads. Dumbell/plate pinches etc

Lones Green
01-25-2008, 03:29 PM
if i had grippers i'd train my grip everyday.