PDA

View Full Version : bulking/cutting schedules

Budiak
03-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Do you people schedule 8 or 12 week bulking and cutting cycles or do you go based on results? I'd like to bulk some more, but I feel sick at how fat I'm getting. I'm reaching this point where I dont even want to look at myself in the mirror anymore...I've been bulking for I think 10 weeks now.

Now I'm not really fat or anything, I just used to be, and its screwing with my head. I bulk until I reach this point where I feel as if I've just plain gained too much fat. I've gained muscle too, but I think I'm shortsheeting myself in terms of gains.

Life sucks.

Hey, the good news is that no matter how hard it is to gain muscle without putting on intolerable amounts of fat, I find it equally as difficult to lose muscle.

Fancy, no?

MRJ
03-14-2002, 12:44 PM
I don't know that there is any defined time . . . I'm sure it's different for each person.

I use a baseline 8 week schedule to lean-out, as I like to lose the excess slowly to preserve as much lean mass as possible. If I don't like my looks at 8 weeks I'll continue to lean-out until I do.

Bulking wise I go until I don't feel healthy (sluggish) and/or I can't deal with the look any longer. During this phase my primary motivation is strength (achieving new personal goals on the primary lifts), whereas during cutting it more for visual appeal.

My personal preference is to never get to bulky or to lean. (lean to me is 10%, I don't go lower)

Manipul8r
03-14-2002, 01:40 PM
I just go by results, every time i think of cutting, I look at everyone that around my size and think of how much i want to be bigger than them...