PDA

View Full Version : Lowest cholesterol steak

Mission
01-13-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm worried my cholesterol is high, and want to get it to a healthier level. Do you guys know the lowest cholesterol pound for pound steak?

Thanks.

Unholy
01-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't think dietary cholesterol plays a huge roll in blood cholesterol levels.

Eating healthier in general will lower your bad cholesterol, that + some cardio might also help.

Enjoy your steak and egg yolks.

RedSpikeyThing
01-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Google is your friend.
http://www.annecollins.com/cholesterol/cholesterol-steak.htm

Mission
01-13-2008, 11:38 AM
From what I've read, it sounds like eating fiber (vegetables and fruits) can lower cholesterol, taking it out of the body. I hope I haven't misread though, and that the articles actually are suggesting replacing cholesterol-rich foods with fruits and vegetables.

Basically, what I'm wondering is: if continue to have 4-6 servings of whey, steak, chicken, etc. each day, adding vegetables and fruits will lower the cholesterol?

Unholy
01-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes. Add more fiber to your diet. Maybe watch your unhealthy fats a bit more. I wouldn't worry it too much, maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

malkore
01-14-2008, 01:42 PM
why not get your cholesterol checked first, instead of assuming you have high 'bad' cholesterol?
nothing wrong with eating healthy, but avoiding certain steaks because 'you think maybe you might not have the best cholesterol levels' is kind of silly and you could be needlessly worrying.

Bicster
01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm worried my cholesterol is high, and want to get it to a healthier level. Do you guys know the lowest cholesterol pound for pound steak?

Thanks.

if youre really worried, switch to bison and bison burgers. so much tastier.