PDA

View Full Version : WHat kind of jump rope to get?

BFGUITAR
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Ive seen cotton, beads, plastic, leather...

Whats the best kind to get into better shape and burn some calories?

Turino
01-15-2008, 10:48 PM
It depends what you're jump roping on as well, just something that I didn't consider before buying my first one. I used to jump rope on concrete, and my "Ultimate Speed Rope" made of PVC snapped after the second workout. I ducktaped it up, but there are only so many times you can do that :)

I currently jump on a training floor inside my gym, so I just bought another PVC one and that has been working wonderfully for me. While I was on concrete, a friend suggested using a nylon rope one, but I can't confirm that because I never tried it.

MPB
01-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Get a simple speed rope (the ropes are plastic) It's cheap, simple, light, and can be used for speed work which is the reason why most people jump rope in the first place.

For example, this is the one I use:
http://www.boxingdepot.com/bx-ro-35.html

Just make sure you do it on a smooth surface area not those concrete floor because when the weather gets too cold outside it tends to snap in half easily.
It happened to me all the time while I was trying to rope too fast, I just got sick of buying one after another now I don't even bother jump roping anymore (but I should buy another one soon.. ;))

markdk86
01-16-2008, 08:39 AM
Thats the same jumprope I use. Be careful outside. I jump on the track and it was about 20 degrees out, went threw two of those ropes and a leather one.