PDA

View Full Version : Nutritionist

McLovin
01-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Are there any nutritionist on the board? I need some guidance in planning meals and intake so that I can help boost my metabolism.

Keith
01-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Use the search.

Holto
01-14-2008, 11:37 AM
You cannot boost your metabolism. This has been shown to be a myth that was shattered by recent research.

There are people here (like myself) that have spent more time studying nutrition than a nutritionist would in 4 years of university.

Slim Schaedle
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Are there any nutritionist on the board? I need some guidance in planning meals and intake so that I can help boost my metabolism.

Is it impaired?

McLovin
01-14-2008, 11:24 PM
no it's not impaired. I just need some guidance on eating things that are better for me and portion control. I think I don't eat enough so my body has went into a mode where it stores everything I eat as fat. I Eat 2 times a day or less. Like today I had 2 peices of white bread when I woke up with a glass of 2% milk. Then for dinner tonight at work I had 2 pieces of smoked turkey,1/2 cup cottage cheese, Salad with red vinegret dressing and some chicken pieces on it and a bottle of water. I have a very physical job constantly lifting 80 lbs over the course of 8 hours. I am 6' an d I am 308lbs with my clothes and steel toed work boots on. I would like to cut down and loose my tire around my mid section. I just need some guidance in the right direction. I used to run 8 miles a day and carry a ruck sack on my back while doing it when I was training to become a Navy SEAL. Now I can barely go up a set of stairs without getting out of breath.

Slim Schaedle
01-15-2008, 01:20 AM
no it's not impaired. I just need some guidance on eating things that are better for me and portion control. I think I don't eat enough so my body has went into a mode where it stores everything I eat as fat. I Eat 2 times a day or less. Like today I had 2 peices of white bread when I woke up with a glass of 2% milk. Then for dinner tonight at work I had 2 pieces of smoked turkey,1/2 cup cottage cheese, Salad with red vinegret dressing and some chicken pieces on it and a bottle of water. I have a very physical job constantly lifting 80 lbs over the course of 8 hours. I am 6' an d I am 308lbs with my clothes and steel toed work boots on. I would like to cut down and loose my tire around my mid section. I just need some guidance in the right direction. I used to run 8 miles a day and carry a ruck sack on my back while doing it when I was training to become a Navy SEAL. Now I can barely go up a set of stairs without getting out of breath.

Actually, if that's the amount you usally eat then i would certainly say you need to eat alot more.

The first step is tracking everything so you actually know, and then working up from there.

Torrok
01-15-2008, 02:43 PM
only thing ive ever heard of that boosts metabolism is cinnamon, scientists THINK green tea, and other spices.......