PDA

View Full Version : Excess skin?...

aeon
01-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been going on a "Raw Diet" and have started drop weight drastically (especially since I practice martial arts)...what I'm worried about is having too much excess skin from a sudden drop of weight. I heard that tofu can help prevent this from happening...but then I wouldn't be able to follow my "raw" routine..does anyone know if this is true? has anyone had excess skin problems?

BBB
01-14-2008, 01:01 PM
From http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popularhealthdiets/a/Raw_Food.htm

"People must be aware that certain nutritional deficiencies can occur on the raw food diet, including:

* Calcium
* Iron
* B12 The Journal of Nutrition study found that a raw food diet increased levels of homocysteine due to vitamin B-12 deficiency.
* Protein
* Calories"

You highly doubt that you'll find anyone here that advocates this type of diet. You are losing weight rapidly because you are essentially starving yourself.

Excess skin is the inevitable result of losing weight very rapidly.

I suggest you eat more.

aeon
01-15-2008, 07:18 AM
I suggest you eat more.

I mean I'm living in Japan..so like I do eat sashimi which is essentially raw...that's where my protein is coming from (I'm also limited to many things here because everyone here seriously lives on carbs, fried foods, and mayo >_<) any suggestions?

BBB
01-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Fish is good. Tofu is a good source of protein too, but you said that doesn't fit into your "raw diet."

Peanut Butter? Can you get a hold of natural peanut butter? That might help. Again, don't know if that fits your diet, but that might help.

aeon
01-16-2008, 06:10 AM
I love tofu..I'm thinking about eating it again after I drop a couple of more pounds...

peanut butter is very difficult to get here T_T what does peanut butter do?/..

smokinHawk
01-16-2008, 06:58 AM
protein + good fats
and is yummi.