PDA

View Full Version : Just what I've been looking for

Invain
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
The other day I looked up the nutritional info on the huge Quizno's sub I had just eaten, and was suprised to find it had 1300 calories and 70+ grams of protein. Pretty awsome, considering it's not a nasty burger from mcdonalds.

I then went on a quest to find other fast-food type items that had enormous amounts of calories. I'm not sure if this list is 100% accurate, but it looks pretty close. Mind you, this is only from 25 different restaurants, so I'm sure there's even more outrageous stuff out there.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food-calories.php

Damn, I wanna try that large chocolate shake.

Seriously though, that Quizno's sub puts the Baconator to shame. Check out some of the other subs as well. A large prime rib cheesesteak with the works has 1700 calores and 80 grams of protein.

CleverName
01-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Wow, nice.. I'll have to hit Quiznos up sometime :D

Guido
01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah. I don't think Quizno's has ever claimed to be healthy, unlike Subway. Subway acts like their food is so healthy because it's "low fat". Riiiight.

Lones Green
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
quizno's is awesome. the only thing is if you go there getting a sub, soup and a drink it can get quite pricey.

JDaws
01-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I'll goto Quizno's anyday over subway...the prices here are actually fairly close. Invain where did you find the nutritional info on Quizno's?

beaverfootball
01-16-2008, 09:56 AM
idk if you guys have ever heard of blimpies... but i used to work at one. and i would make HUGE roast beef and buffalo chicken sandwiches with gobs of protein :) :)

our prices werent as bad as quiznos but sandwiches werent quite as good. however our food was way better than subway

IronGrip IV
01-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I love quizno's, I go there all the time! It's real food and worth the little bit more in price!

Invain
01-16-2008, 01:58 PM
I got the quizno's nutritional info right off their site. I think any fast foot chain has to provide nutritional info.

Yeah, Quizno's is pretty expensive, but it's worth it imo. A large sub is a little over 8 bucks, but they're toasted and they don't skimp on ingredients.

Guido
01-16-2008, 02:55 PM
idk if you guys have ever heard of blimpies... but i used to work at one. and i would make HUGE roast beef and buffalo chicken sandwiches with gobs of protein :) :)

our prices werent as bad as quiznos but sandwiches werent quite as good. however our food was way better than subwayBlimpies isn't bad. We also have a place called Silver Mine subs and they put LOADS of meat on theirs. It's kind of a local place, although I think they also have them in Colorado.

beaverfootball
01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
oh yeah ive heard of those before.. but also it was in colorado when i saw them..

RabidLifter812
01-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah i went to quiznos today as well. I got a regular sized prime rib and peppercorn with chesse and the sauce. My only problem with the nutritional info is 67.5 grams of fat! ouch.

ddegroff
01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Blimpies isn't bad. We also have a place called Silver Mine subs and they put LOADS of meat on theirs. It's kind of a local place, although I think they also have them in Colorado.

I go to silvermine all the time.

I never liked blimpies.

Steven001
01-17-2008, 07:28 AM
KFC is so much tastier! Just had a looked and a medium Zinger meal contains 1011 calories and 33.1g of protein.

bjohnso
01-17-2008, 11:25 AM
I got the quizno's nutritional info right off their site. I think any fast foot chain has to provide nutritional info.

Yeah, Quizno's is pretty expensive, but it's worth it imo. A large sub is a little over 8 bucks, but they're toasted and they don't skimp on ingredients.

Where did you get it from their site? I've been looking for that stuff for a long time, I used to eat their every day at my job.

Invain
01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.quiznos.com/menu/subs.aspx

Go to the bottom and click "Show Nutritional Information" in green.

Make sure when you're looking at the info for a certain sub that you have the correct size, dressing and cheese checked.

bjohnso
01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
http://www.quiznos.com/menu/subs.aspx

Go to the bottom and click "Show Nutritional Information" in green.

Make sure when you're looking at the info for a certain sub that you have the correct size, dressing and cheese checked.

Sweet! I was right on with the calorie estimation, I'll have to tell them to hold the dressing next time I go there (for the trans fats). Thanks, man.