PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some info...

wamado
01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
I have to get into shape. My older brother just told me I'm going to be the best man in his wedding this year at the end of August.

Here are my stats:

26yrs old, 5'8", 265 lbs.

Daily activities M-F Up at 7:45am at work by 8:30am I am a satellite technician, spending most of the time on the phone or fixing/testing satellite/wireless equipment. Out at 5:00pm. Second job starts at 6:00pm. I work at UPS every night M-F, picking boxes off of the belt, loading trailers and moving package cars off of the building. Get out about 10:00pm every night.

Saturday and Sunday... no work...just a lot of unnecessary partying.

Eating habitsI usually skip breakfast or I will grab a biscuit at the gas station with some type of energy drink. Lunch always varies, sometimes it's healthy like grilled chicken and salads then sometimes it's fast food. I usually eat a sandwich between jobs. Then dinner is just like lunch. I drink a lot of green tea and water throughout the day and maybe 2 cans of soda a week.

Exercise
Besides the nonstop moving at UPS I have no consistent workout schedule. I do have a gym membership.

Drugs
Alcohol. Ok I drink a lot, when the weekend hits...there is hardly a sober moment. I have already stopped (new years resolution) in efforts to reach my goal.

My Goal
I want to loose 55-65 lbs before the wedding.

I have very limited knowledge in fitness and nutrition and I am open to any and all suggestions.

I guess what i need is a detailed plan. I am not affraid to make drastic changes either.

Please help me people! When I get enough information I will start a diet and exercise regiment and post my progress.

Thanks in advance!

Built
01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi there

First up - do you, or have you ever, lifted weights?

wamado
01-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi there

First up - do you, or have you ever, lifted weights?

Yes, but the last time I lifted hardcore was in highschool.
bench was 315, squat was 540
now...probably not so much.

Built
01-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Well, start!

Click the link in my sig for some diet and lifting information to get you started.

Slim Schaedle
01-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Simply cutting the alcohol down will yield great improvements.

Even from reduction of calories alone.

We could get into the whole impaired recuperation from the result of ethanol, but that's been hashed out exhaustively in other threads.

jdeity
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Even cutting the booze from, say, beer to vodka would make a difference. W/o getting too in depth on booze/ethanol itself, that switch alone would make a solid calorie dent. *However*, as slim said, alcohol has a ton of other bad stuff for anyone pursuing a fitness goal, see this thread:
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=103736&highlight=alcohol
(there's more comprehensive threads too - an article "alcohol and you" that's good as well).

Given your restricted hours available for anything, your training would have to be insanely efficient if you want to reach your goals (read: high intensity compound lifts, maybe even cardio although with your time constraints I'd probably leave it out).

You're going to need to nail your diet in place asap if you're serious about your goal, it's a steep mark to hit in that time period, you'll need to be counting your calories daily, do you have a fitday account? If not, it would be invaluable to you for this (fitday.com, free account, trust me it gets easy after a few days into it, and regardless of how well you thought you knew your calories/macro intake, you'll likely be surprised lol).

Slim Schaedle
01-16-2008, 09:17 AM
As far as schedule, I would I would get head right to the gym at 10pm when off work (depending on gymn hours) and then get home, cook food for next day and make a bedtime meal at the same time.

You should get a decent amount of sleep if getting up at 7:45.

If this presents challenges with time, dedicate Sat and Sun as committed workout/food cooking days and this will also act to prevent excess drinking/partying.

To deal with this psychologically, just remind yourself how fun and guilt-free it will be to get trashed at your bro's reception b/c even if you didn't reach your exact goal, you know you tired and you will be able to continue right on track after the wedding.

wamado
01-17-2008, 09:19 PM
i thought about doing a detox diet...