PDA

View Full Version : HIIT Cardio

SteveL
01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Hello, I am new to lifting. I am an athlete, I play many sports to stay in shape. I never took lifting seriously and now I am. I am looking to put mass on...I have done much research...read many articles...been on many forums...and read so many damnn stickies....still the same question lingers around me...I am about to start the WBB 1.1 workout to try and put on as much mass as i can...but i have always been a stickler for cardio...now my question for anyone who can answer this...for this WBB 1.1 workout..is it going to slow me down with my progress if I do HIIT before my workouts...now WBB 1.1 is split into 4 days...so what if I did 2 day cardio workout right before my lift session?

Now, another question is...i noticed that they added a few ab exercises in the WBB 1.1 routine...I want to add more...more as in on cardio days i do 4 or 5 ab exercises and then lift...is this a stupid idea? the main purpose for this is to try and prevent the gut while putting mass on

If anyone could answer this question i would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Unreal
01-16-2008, 07:35 AM
cardio should be done after lifting. Proper HIIT will leave you so worn that you wouldn't want to lift anyways.

You can't spot target fat. Doing ab exercises will not burn fat around your waist. Excess will not give you abs rest, and if anything, larger abs will give you more of a gut just because any fat is going to be on top of larger abs which will make your belly stick out more.

SteveL
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM
why should cardio be done after a workout?

Unreal
01-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Why would you want to deplete your glycogen stores before needing them to lift heavy objects? Why take advantage of the released FFAs after an intense work if you must do cardio. Read Built's article on the main site about how to do cardio if you must.