PDA

View Full Version : Bulk or Cut, Help a newbie out :)

NewLife
01-17-2008, 02:33 AM
Hey guys and girls
I'm a new member here, I have never really hit the gym and from the pictures below you can probably tell lol. Anyways after reading around on the forums I have decided to give WBB 1.1 a go and was wondering if i could get peoples advice on whether they think I should bulk or cut (as i'd say my bodyfat % is quite high)
Cheers any advice is much appreciated
NewLife
p.s don't really know how to pose lol so just tried to copy other pics i saw on here

ray34iyf
01-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Considering you've never really hit the gym(you look pretty good for never hitting the gym), I'd just start WBB 1, eat moderately with atleast 1g protein per lb bodyweight, and see what happens. DON'T start focusing on cutting or bulking right now! If you've never really worked out you should see a nice recomposition to start out(gain some muscle, lose some fat).
Just start eating well and work out hard. Don't worry about cutting/bulking at this stage.

Rock Steady
01-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I haven't looked at the pictures. The answer is almost certainly bulk....

EDIT: wow, I say crap like that and end up with my foot in my mouth. I may still say a bulk is in order, but honestly, you already look like 75% of the people here after they bulk for 6-8 months with reasonable success. You've got a great base... just try to eat healthier, eat more protein, get more sleep, and lift some heavy weights.

jAy_Dub
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Bulk, just dont do it too fast or the fat gains will get out of hand. Do it slow and clean, hit heavy weights, and it will come.

VikingWarlord
01-17-2008, 05:40 PM
**** it, you've got a good start. Don't bulk or cut, just eat well and train your ass off.

Cards
01-17-2008, 05:58 PM
**** it, you've got a good start. Don't bulk or cut, just eat well and train your ass off.

x2 i think to many people are set in the bulk/cut mind set. Train hard for a while, obviously eat and bust your ass you will see results.

VikingWarlord
01-17-2008, 07:02 PM
x2 i think to many people are set in the bulk/cut mind set. Train hard for a while, obviously eat and bust your ass you will see results.

I'll go ahead and say that the reason I said that is only because he's neither grossly overfat nor is he scrawny. If it had been one or the other, I'd probably have recommended something different.

Cards
01-17-2008, 07:26 PM
I just think alot of people who are new to the game have a mind set on cutting or bulking and don't yet have the dedication to do either. I also believe that cutting and bulking are different then dieting to lose weight and or trying to put on muscle. For some reason cutting and bulking strike me as the after affects of reaching a goal, this isnt an argument for someone to yell at me and tell me I'm wrong. It's my opinion on the two words...thats why I recommend hitting the gym hard while eatting and resting and not worrying about either until some experience is under his belt.

caseymajor
01-19-2008, 09:33 AM
I would stick with the tried and true method. Eat clean and train hard, it will come. 1 to 1.5grams of protein per body weight. If you need any advice on training just pm me bro and I will help.

NewLife
01-20-2008, 01:39 AM
Cheers guys, I completed my first week of wbb1.1 and feel great :) will post sum new pics in a couple of months, i know its a long road but hopefully there will be a difference :) any estimates on current bf?

ray34iyf
01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
I'd say roughly 16-18%?...I don't know, I'm not the best at estimating BF's.

NewLife
01-21-2008, 04:26 AM
cheers for the help, just would like to know as a motivator :)

leetuck
01-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Get yaself some body fat calipers... you can get some cheap plastic ones from the internet very cheap.

That way whether or not you put on weight, you will be able to see if your fat levels are going down. Lift heavy and eat well and you might find you put on a little weight but lose fat.