PDA

View Full Version : Brutal border charges!

Kilgorin
01-17-2008, 11:40 AM
I guess, first off, I should mention that I live in Canada.

I just received my order from At Large. It was a $200+ order, no biggie.
There was a $40 shipping charge, which I think is steep compared to what it used to be, but I really like At Large, so I swallowed it. But then the post office guy shows up and wants an additional $30 in border charges.

What the hell!!

So basically I spent $70 just in shipping charges. That kills me.

Is there any way to avoid these stupid charges in the future? The additional $30, I mean? I really like ALN, but the extra charges are a pain.

Joe Black
01-17-2008, 11:53 AM
From what I know the charges are hit and miss.

We use USPS because the majority of the time you won't be charged once things hit the border, but it's not totally unheard to be charged.

I should state, we don;t make ANY money on the shipping to Canada, we purely work off USPS. But, we realise this does make AtLarge Nutrition products slightly less appealing to a Canadian audience.

Having said that we do strong believe that the quality of the products and the price of them per unit make it still a decent buy for anyone accross the world.

We'll be working harder in the future to make our products easier to access from countries outside of the USA, expect some changes later in the year.

Joe Black
01-17-2008, 11:53 AM
oh, and we really do appreciate your order Kilgorin.

When you next place an order, remind us that this happened and we'll throw in a free shaker cup/shirt with your order next time.

deeder
01-17-2008, 01:29 PM
If ALN sent them as gifts.... ;)