PDA

View Full Version : Types of Lifters

PriestCometh
01-17-2008, 04:04 PM
IMO, There are 3 types of lifters out there:

1 - A Machine - This type of lifter looks exactly the same everytime
they lift. Advantages are that if this person gets theyre technique down, they are amazing to watch(kinda like watching coan or hooper squat, it looks the same everytime). Disadvantages are that when this type of lifter makes a mistake, it is usually the same mistake everytime. This type of lifter you kinda have to reprogram.

2 - A Technician - Advantages to being this kind of lifter is that if this lifter makes a mistake, this person can not only recognize it, but correct it. Disadvantage is that this lifter will never be happy with a lift. There will always be something that could have been done better. "If a lift is perfect, it is too light".

3 - An Animal - Advantages would be that you can pull something extra on that last lift. Through grit and determination you will be able to finish that lift or workout even though you might not think you can do it. I love that destroyer type of attitude! Disadvantage would be that sometimes this person will get soo jacked up that theyre technique goes to sh%t.

And from what I have seen, the best lifters I have met are not just one of these. But a New Breed!

I just figured I would post it and see what yall thought.

Quote the Priest, Nevermore! :whip:

deeder
01-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I like the analysis. I agree that the best lifters are a hybrid of all three... Too much of any one of the categories and you put yourself at a serious disadvantage.

I've competed a few times with a guy who gets himself so psyched up that he forgets how to lift. Smacking himself in the face and screaming before lifts... He bombed out of the squat AND bench at the last contest we were both at. (Thanks to the stupid rule that you can continue even if you bomb out in one lift because you might still medal in another lift).

elitepler
01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I need to work on being more the technician, especially with that damn shirt.

BTW James, I talked to Jack Reape the other day, he said to say hi.

chris mason
01-17-2008, 09:32 PM
IMO, There are 3 types of lifters out there:

1 - A Machine - This type of lifter looks exactly the same everytime
they lift. Advantages are that if this person gets theyre technique down, they are amazing to watch(kinda like watching coan or hooper squat, it looks the same everytime). Disadvantages are that when this type of lifter makes a mistake, it is usually the same mistake everytime. This type of lifter you kinda have to reprogram.

2 - A Technician - Advantages to being this kind of lifter is that if this lifter makes a mistake, this person can not only recognize it, but correct it. Disadvantage is that this lifter will never be happy with a lift. There will always be something that could have been done better. "If a lift is perfect, it is too light".

3 - An Animal - Advantages would be that you can pull something extra on that last lift. Through grit and determination you will be able to finish that lift or workout even though you might not think you can do it. I love that destroyer type of attitude! Disadvantage would be that sometimes this person will get soo jacked up that theyre technique goes to sh%t.

And from what I have seen, the best lifters I have met are not just one of these. But a New Breed!

I just figured I would post it and see what yall thought.

Quote the Priest, Nevermore! :whip:

I think I lean to the animal side. I have to be careful not to get overly fired up before a big lift.

Sidior
01-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Im the fat and lazy kind who does minimal work especially on heavy day.

RhodeHouse
01-18-2008, 06:41 AM

Dude, it's worked for me. The key is to find out exactly what you need to do to get stronger and then do nothing more.

PriestCometh
01-18-2008, 10:34 AM

That kind sounds alot more fun than my list. :fart:

Guido
01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm probably closest to #2. I could maybe use some more of #3 in me at times.

PriestCometh
01-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I think alot of people would like to be all three, but that is fricken tough.
Its alot of hard work and most people just wanna eat taco bell and do minimal work on M.E. day. lol