PDA

View Full Version : Cheating Once Per Week

heathj
03-14-2002, 08:45 AM
As many know or say they know...eating a strict diet 6 days per week and then cheating on the 7th, supposedly speeds up your metabolism. Does anyone have any studies on this? I always like to back up my information with studies and the like, plus showing studies to my ignorant parents helps all the more. Thanks :)

Paul Stagg
03-14-2002, 12:42 PM
do a search on mfw. Lyle or Elzi might have posted one.

Par might know - check out his site.

Par Deus
03-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by heathj
As many know or say they know...eating a strict diet 6 days per week and then cheating on the 7th, supposedly speeds up your metabolism. Does anyone have any studies on this? I always like to back up my information with studies and the like, plus showing studies to my ignorant parents helps all the more. Thanks :)

Read my articles on leptin -- there are probably 150 references:

http://www.avantlabs.com/big_mfr/big_mfr_magazine.htm

Issues 3, 4, and 5

heathj
03-14-2002, 11:16 PM
Gracias.

heathj
03-15-2002, 12:11 AM
If I used, let's say a party day for my cheat day, and I drank alcohol there, would this be worse then just eating regular food....equal to the amount of calories of alcohol plus other food I consume or would this be way worse? What am I saying is..would there be a difference in having a cheat day of alcohol + food or just lots of food?

captain piddles
03-17-2002, 07:45 PM
can you have two days as cheat days and still do well?

The_Chicken_Daddy
03-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Yes.

Blood&Iron
03-18-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by heathj
If I used, let's say a party day for my cheat day, and I drank alcohol there, would this be worse then just eating regular food....equal to the amount of calories of alcohol plus other food I consume or would this be way worse? What am I saying is..would there be a difference in having a cheat day of alcohol + food or just lots of food?
Par also has some articles on the hormonal effects of alcohol at Big Motherf*cker. So, it does make a difference--at least if you're drinking excessively(I'm assuming this to be the case.)

JohnnyAutoParts
03-18-2002, 12:41 PM
It kind of makes sense if you think about it. If youre body is so use to digesting the "perfect" foods you should be eating, that when a cheat meal comes around once in a great while, it will not know how to handle it and you will gain more fat than you should. However, if you periodically throw cheat meals in, your body will not be as negatively shocked by the grub (think of it as practice).

TylerDurden
03-18-2002, 07:45 PM
LOL !!! Practice, you crack my ass up

ericg
03-18-2002, 08:22 PM
So if my goal is to lose body fat, then i should have a cheat day once per week? Containing of anything? Or just higher calories of clean food? *prob should have asked this after I read the articles*

Budiak
03-18-2002, 09:03 PM
You need to eat grease and candy on this cheat meal, homes. Kit Kats, buckets of cheese, yards of sushi, and gallons of delicious Sierra Nevada unfiltered wheat beer.

Sweet sweet nectar...

I went for a period of about 9 weeks in 2000 where I didnt eat any junk food at all. Period. I ate some candy on Halloween and I felt like trash. I got all bloated for about 3 days, and my energy was completely sapped. Now if I'd just had a few cheat meals in those 9 weeks I'd still have my sanity.

And my girlfriend, that superficial whore.

Par Deus
03-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Par also has some articles on the hormonal effects of alcohol at Big Motherf*cker. So, it does make a difference--at least if you're drinking excessively(I'm assuming this to be the case.)

Also, alcohol does not provide substrates for the hexosamine pathway, which is what signals leptin, so the calories are sort of wasted.

nejar462
03-19-2002, 07:15 PM
I've said it before and ill say it again, I think, that cheat meal=carb load, so it really does make sense it makes you lose weight. Think about whats in your cheat meals, and it will dawn on you. U should just carb load with some wheat pasta or something, im serious, it will most likely be the same.