PDA

View Full Version : I says to myself, "Self, stop being fat and lazy."

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

killxswitch
01-18-2008, 12:49 PM
This is just a copy and paste from a different forum, targeted at computer dorks like myself. I started late December/early January, after not being in a weight room since 2004. I'm going to dual-post my progress, as I imagine it'll be easier to get advice here.

I started my Ripptoe workout today. This will be my first time in a weight room since '04.

I'm 6'2", 228 lbs, 25% body fat.

Goal: Kind of vague for now, 230ish lbs, 12% body fat

Squats:

5x1x135 (warm up)
5x1x135 (warm up)
3x1x185
3x1x185

As soon as I went down for my initial warmup squat, I knew I was in trouble. It didn't feel like a warmup, it felt like it used to feel when I was doing 70% of my 1RM. I'm lifting alone, so by the end of set 4, I stopped as I was afraid if I went down for another rep I wouldn't come back up.

Dumbell Chest Press:

15x1x30s (warm up)
10x1x35s (semi-warm up)
8x1x40s
6x1x40s

Crap. This is not a good start.

Deadlift

5x1x135 (warm up)
5x1x135 (warm up)
5x1x225

I've never done deads before. I think I like them, but I'm sure my form was horrible. I don't like working out alone, at least at first. Once I get back into the swing of things I'll like it though. I tried to keep my back straight, head pointed forward, and my shins are skinned up, so I know I dragged the bar properly.

Bicep curls

10x1x50 (warm up)
8x1x60
6x1x60

By now I feel like complete crap. This isn't part of ripptoes anyway, I probably won't bother with them again for a while. For now I should be sticking to the program.

Cardio:

20 minutes of running and walking on treadmill

Overall impressions:

I am weak. When I was in high school I was squatting with 3 45s on each side of the bar. However, now I don't do anything, and haven't for a while, and my body has seriously deteriorated. Moreso than I expected. I am disappointed, but I don't feel discouraged. I feel like I just need to keep trying until I make that initial breakthrough. I won't stay this weak if I keep at it.

I also have no endurance. No surprise there. Gaining muscle is more important to me than being able to run an 8 minute mile, but at one point I could run a 7 minute mile, so I'd like ot get back to that. I barely made it a quarter of a mile only running at 5.5 mph. Pathetic.

I have some work to do.

killxswitch
01-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Day two, at long last, now that my bathroom remodel and the holidays are over. I'm disappointed in myself for not getting a good start on this. My workout wasn't great again. My wife and I went to the gym, and I felt obligated to show her what I do and help with some machines, none of which I wanted to use. I did the best machine versions of squat, military press, and low row that I could, but didn't bother recording weight as machine weight won't have much to do with free weights. I barely feel sore at all.

However, wife and I talked and she was actually just as annoyed at having to follow me around as I was at having to lead her around, so we agreed to lift separately and meet up for cardio after whenever we go to the gym at the same time. Hallelujah.

We also worked out a way for us both to go 3 times a week at minimum, which works perfectly. I have half of a Barnes & Noble GC to use for Starting Strength so I can legitimately do the Ripptoe program and answer my own questions when I have them.

killxswitch
Day 3:

Squats:

1 x bar x 10
1 x 90 x 10
1 x 135 x 5
3 x 170 x 5

Deadlift:

1 x 65 x 5
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 145 x 5
1 x 165 x 5

Bench:

1 x bar x 10
1 x 65 x 10
1 x 95 x 5
2 x 115 x 5
1 x 115 x 4

situps on decline bench (I only lowered my body to parallel with the ground, didn't touch back to bench):

1 x bodyweight x 15

15 minutes of cardio

edit: I meant to say that I am a wussy wuss man. For someone of my size these numbers are pathetic. But I guess we all have to start somewhere. Hopefully I'll be able to increase the weight consistently as the program describes.

killxswitch
Day 4

Squats:

1 x bar x 10
1 x 95 x 10
1 x 135 x 5
3 x 185 x 5

I increased my squat weight by 15 lbs, which is exciting to me. Though the program says I should be able to go up 10 - 15 lbs each session, depending on how the weight feels. I may only try 10 lbs next week, the weight felt pretty heavy by the last set.

Military Press

1 x 20 x 10
1 x 40 x 10
1 x 60 x 5
1 x 80 x 3
2 x 70 x 4

I wasn't sure how much weight I could or couldn't do here, so I overshot it by trying 80 and had to back down. Then I couldn't get full sets of 70 lbs. I will try 70 lbs again next time.

Pendlay Rows:

1 x bar x 10
1 x 55 x 10
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 115 x 5
1 x 135 x 5

I again wasn't sure how much weight I would be able to do with this one, and even 135 felt pretty good, so I'm going to increase to 145 next time after warmup sets to see how it goes. These two younger guys were doing kind of the same exercise next to me, but their backs were incredibly rounded while doing it. Their knees were locked and bottom half of their torsos almost vertical, but then their upper spine hunched over while they rowed. Man it sucked, but I also felt like I'd be a complete ass telling them they were doing it wrong when this was only my 4th day in the gym.

No abs, they still really ache from Monday.

30 minutes of cardio, 2.9 miles on the elliptical. That thing really helps my left knee, which has some sort of undiagnosed (I assume patella) problem.

Overall I feel good about my work. I kind of sucked on military press, but squat felt decent and rows felt great. I'm kind of looking forward to the point that I can add dips and chins/pullups, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

killxswitch
01-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Day 5:

Squat

1 x bar x 10
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 35 x 5
3 x 200 x 5

Good, I'm at 200 lbs on squat. I doubt I'll keep being able to increase by 15 lbs between workouts for too many more workouts. Otherwise I'll be up over 300 in less than 2 weeks! These felt good, but 200 also felt pretty heavy, especially on the last set. I may only add 5-10 or even no lbs next week, depending on how my warmups feel.

Deadlift

1 x 65 x 5
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
1 x 185 x 5

Cool, 20 more lbs for deads. I should be able to deadlift more than I can squat, so I expect my dead gains will eclipse my squat gains soon. I didn't even feel like this was too bad. Oh, and I wore pants, so no bloody shins 200+ is my goal for next week.

Bench Press

1 x bar x 10
1 x 65 x 8
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 120 x 4
1 x 115 x 5
1 x 115 x 4

UGH. First off, I did a terrible job of eating today. I slept through breakfast, ate a sub and some pretzels for lunch, no pre-workout snack, so by my last deadlift set I felt out of gas. Still, it pisses me off that my bench weight sucks so much. I don't feel like I made any progress since last time. I feel like I regressed. It's embarrasing to be as big as I am and struggle with a measly 120 lbs. Heck, in high school I was at least lifting 190 lbs. This sucks.

No abs, I'll do some next week.

20 minutes of cardio, after bench I was just frustrated and had no energy.

edit 2: I went to a newer LA Fitness (my "normal" one is also new, just a few months old vs. a few days old). For whatever reason, the mens' and womens' locker rooms are situation such that men are on the right and women on the left (reverse of my normal gym).

So of course like an idiot I walked right into the womens' locker room on accident after bench. Woopsie.

killxswitch
Day 6:

Squat:

bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 5
205 x 5 x 3

I had to pause between nearly every rep on the last set. I don't think I'll be adding much weight at all on Thursday.

Military Press:

bar x 8
55 x 5
65 x 5
70 x 5
75 x 5 (barely)

This felt fine until the last set: I used a rack that appeared to be designed specifically with overhead presses in mind, as the bench was in an upright position and the bar was at the right height to sit down and lift up. However, it also forced me to kind of reach back behind my head to lift the weight up, and the last time I did this I felt kind of a tight pain in my left shoulder. Later when I was stretching it popped pretty badly, though it felt better afterward. I don't think I"ll use it again, as convenient as it seemed.

Pendlay Row:

bar x 8
55 x 5
135 x 5 x 3

I like this lift, but I was worn out when I did these. I need to be eating more. I should have had one more warmup set, but I skipped it so I could do all 3 normal sets.

20 minutes of cardio

Overall I'm enjoying this program. It's easy to follow (the lifting part, anyway), and I'm already seeing some changes in my body. My arms, of all things, look bigger, my delts are harder, my thighs are getting bigger and firmer, and I also think I"m losing some fat. I feel stronger and more alert than I used to, and I'm enjoying going to the gym. I actually sat down to try to veg out and watch tv last night and got so bored I could hardly stand it.

I got my whey protein, creatine, and fish oil pills today. Looking forward to starting up tomorrow with that.

killxswitch
Day 7

Squats:

1 x bar x 8
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
3 x 205 x 5

Same weight as last time, but it didn't feel so heavy tonight. I will try to increase by 5 or 10 lbs on Saturday.

Bench:

1 x bar x 8
1 x 65 x 5
1 x 85 x 5
3 x 125 x 5

That's a bit better. Up 10 lbs from last week, and all 3 sets felt solid. Doing this lift 2nd instead of last helped, I think.

Deadlift:

1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
1 x 185 x 5
1 x 205 x 5

I felt strong on this one. StrongER, anyway. That's up 20 lbs. from last time, and my squat and deadlift weights are now the same. I expect deads to start pulling away steadily.

Cardio:

15 min. of elliptical on high incline and resistance.

I still had a lot of energy after my lifts, but not a lot of time, so I pushed hard for 15 min and really had my heart rate up.

I dunno if it's the actual effects of creatine and protein supplements, or a placebo effect, or both, but I just felt better during and after this workout than I have thus far.

edit: I went ahead and measured stuff, thanks to wifey for the assist

waist: 40"
thighs: 26"
calves: 16"
chest: 43"
upper arm: 16"
forearm: 12"
shoulders: 19" across

MJay
01-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Keep up the good work bro!

I actually sat down to try to veg out and watch tv last night and got so bored I could hardly stand it.

Thats how I feel now after getting into weights. I don't mind having a few minutes to chill out and just think but I really don't like sitting aimlessly at the tv or computer anymore.

killxswitch
01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the good words MJay. I can't say I don't mind hanging out now and then to watch a movie or something, but my tolerance for vegging out (TV, video games, etc.) has definitely gone down.

Day 8

Squats:

1 x bar x i8
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
3 x 210 x 5

These felt ok. Moderately heavy.

Military Press:

bar x 1 x 8
65 x 1 x 5
75 x 3 x 5

Kind of an increase of 5 lbs. I may have been ok to do 80, but I wasn't sure.

Pendlay Row:

bar x 1 x 8
65 x 1 x 5
95 x 1 x 5
140 x 3 x 5

Increase of 5 lbs. I felt kinda sluggish on these.

37 min. of cardio.

I look leaner but still weigh about 230, so I assume I've lost some fat and gained some muscle.

killxswitch
01-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Day 9

Squats

1 x bar x 8
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
3 x 215 x 5 (+5 lbs from last time)

Bench:

1 x bar x 8
1 x 65 x 5
1 x 85 x 5
3 x 130 x 5 (+5 lbs)

Deadlift:

1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
1 x 185 x 5
1 x 225 x 5 (+20 lbs!)

No cardio.

I haven't lifted since Sunday. And, I forgot to put in contacts and didn't feel like wearing my glasses, so I was lifting blurry-eyed. I just felt kind of flat. Hence I didn't increase my squat much.

I will finally be able to put 45 lb. plates on the bar for bench next time. Heh. I feel like a pussy when I put my tiny little plates on for bench, but if I keep increasing by even just 5 lbs a week I should get to 200 lbs in a reasonable amount of time.

Deadlift felt really heavy, but it felt good to put 225 on there and get it up 5 times. I don't think I'll be doing any more 20 lb. jumps, though. This is the first time it's felt heavy.

View 1
01-24-2008, 12:46 AM
1 x 225 x 5 (+20 lbs!)

Congrats on the PR. I love when my deadlift gets higher and higher.

Keep it up.

killxswitch
01-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Thanks, View. I wish my fing bench would go up by 20 lbs, but my chest just doesn't want to cooperate.

On an unrelated note, there are way too many naked old dudes at my gym.

90kg_pwrlftr
01-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Good job on getting back to the gym and making good progress.
Just a question - the days you listed, are those consecutive days? You dont really squat everyday do you?

killxswitch
01-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Good job on getting back to the gym and making good progress.
Just a question - the days you listed, are those consecutive days? You dont really squat everyday do you?

Thanks, it feels great to be working hard again.

By consecutive, do you mean consecutive training days, or 3 calendar days in a row? Yes, I do squat 3 times a week. The Rippetoe starting strength program I'm trying to follow has this as part of the program. I know I won't be able to squat 3 times a week forever, but at 23 I think I should use my natural young'un recovery abilities as much as I can.

But no, I don't even train on consecutive days yet. Once I've gotten all I can out of this program I will probably move on to a 4 day split of some sort, but that's far off in the future.

dynamo
01-24-2008, 12:34 PM
nice work, just keep with it. When I stepped back into the gym after being absent for 5 years, I was dumbbell BPing 35s for 10 reps, and three months later I can do 70-80 for 10 reps, just keep with it and eat to fuel the habit and you'll be quite suprised with yourself. Your results are pretty impressive for being a computer geek for so long :P

killxswitch
01-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks dynamo, I hope my strength goes up like yours did. I'm fairly happy with my squat and deadlift progress, ok with most everything else, but my bench is just embarrassing. Oh well, not like I can do anything other than work hard.

borracho
01-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Awesome journal title...keep up the progress!

killxswitch
01-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Cheers, borracho. Just trying to up the weight each session until my body says uh-uh :tuttut: .

Southern Beast
01-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Keep up the good work, bro. :)

killxswitch
01-25-2008, 05:58 AM
Thanks Beast. I'm headed back in tomorrow. I want to go tonight, but I apparently have to have a life and friends :D

McIrish
01-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Solid progress lately, killer. I'll drop by here sometimes to give ya some support.

killxswitch
01-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Irish,

Appreciate it, I'll take all the support I can get. I'll need it if I'm gonna reach my '08 goals.

killxswitch
01-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Day 10

Squat:

1 x bar x 8
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 140 x 5
3 x 220 x 5 (+5 lbs. from last time)

Dear God this felt heavy.

Military Press:

1 x bar x 8
1 x 65 x 5
3 x 80 x 5 (+5 lbs.)

This was fine.

Cleans:

1 x bar x 8
1 x 65 x 5
3 x 85 x 5

Oh crap. My quads already felt tight as a drum from squats. I tried my best to keep the bar close to my body, push with my legs and pull with my traps, leave my arms out of it other than "racking" the bar after the initial pull. On some I know I used my arms on accident, on all my quads felt awful, and I don't feel like I worked my traps or back at all. I have no idea if I did any of them right, and on my last rep I missed it completely. I came back and finished, but I feel like I should be doing this with more weight. I don't see how I can effectively do these after squatting heavy (heavy for me). But there's no good reason for them to be in the program if they can't be done effectively, so I must be doing something wrong.

10 minutes of cardio.

jed
01-27-2008, 12:37 AM
nice squatting dude. 220 should feel heavy cause it is pretty heavy!

you mention your a geek... details? :)

killxswitch
01-27-2008, 08:00 AM
nice squatting dude. 220 should feel heavy cause it is pretty heavy!

you mention your a geek... details? :)

Thanks jed. I can't wait til I get to the point that 220 is a warmup, but for now as long as I'm increasing weight each session I can't complain.

I'm a computer geek. I play computer games (right now Call of Duty 4 is my fav), I build my own systems, majored in a computer-related field in college, I work as a server administrator, I do computer builds and repair on the side, heck I built a water cooling system for my home computer so I could force it to run faster. I'm not a true geek in that I also have a life, but my wife tells me I'm a geek anyway, and she's usually right about... everything. :D

killxswitch
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
After reviewing some videos it seems like I'm not driving my hips forward enough prior to whipping the bar up. To my understanding, I should drive with my legs, drive hips forward, shrug the weight, whip my body up under the bar and "rack" it on my hands, and then stand up. Doing all that in one smooth motion is hard for me.

Coke
01-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Good deal on being focused to raise your form up on the squats...honestly, you're only gonna need to do squats and big movements roughly once per week. Anything more than that will lead to overtraining imo.

killxswitch
01-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Good deal on being focused to raise your form up on the squats...honestly, you're only gonna need to do squats and big movements roughly once per week. Anything more than that will lead to overtraining imo.

Do you mean power cleans? I don't think I mentioned specifically focusing on my squat form... I actually think my squat form is ok.

I'm not going to presume to tell you you're wrong Coke, your experience and stats speak for themselves. However, I picked Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength workout (which requires squatting 3x a week) because of the wide-spread acclaim this program receives. I was under the impression that this was the best routine for newbies such as myself to ramp up their strength quickly.

I know I can't expect to squat 3x a week forever, but right now I seem to be doing ok with it, especially since my overall volume isn't that high. So I'm confused as to why you would say it's not a good idea. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just confused.

Coke
01-28-2008, 09:46 AM
It gets a little confusing for us all but bottom line is, you should keep working out and do whatever you set out to do. Somewhere down the line if you do squats every Monday, for example - then you will really start to make headway. Same thing with other bodyparts, it is only a matter of fine tuning what works best for you.

killxswitch
01-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Fair enough Coke. Appreciate all the comments, I think you comment more in others journals than you do in your own, and that's a real testament to the positive, uplifting community here at WBB.

I will stick with the program for now, but if my gains deteriorate I will consider backing off on squats. I really have no idea how long Rips will remain effective for me.

killxswitch
01-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Day 11

I'm wearing my Chucks today instead of crosstrainers, for the flatter soles.

Squat:

1 x bar x 8
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
1 x 225 x 5 (+5 lbs over last session)
2 x 230 x 5 (+10 lbs)

These felt great. I had a lot of energy tonight. I was excited when I went down with 225 and felt I could do more. I thought I could've even added more weight, but I don't want to get stupid and throw out my back.

Bench:

1 x bar x 10
1 x 65 x 5
1 x 85 x 5
2 x 135 x 5 (+5 lbs)
1 x 140 x 5 (+10 lbs)

These felt good too. I had to push hard to get the last rep up, but at the same time I think I might have been able to add another 5. Hard to know. I think I did the right thing not adding any more. Slow and steady wins the race.

Deads:

1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
1 x 185 x 5
1 x 235 x 5 (+10 lbs)

These felt bad, then good. On my third warmup set I got mad because even though the weight wasn't bad, my upper palm has a callus right up under where my wedding ring is. I don't wear my ring while lifting, but the callus kept getting pinched between my palm and the bar, and it really hurt. I went for 235 anyway and somehow gripped better, because the whole set was explosive.

10 minutes cardio, it was late and I had to get to the grocery store.

Overall tonight felt awesome. Mentally I felt like less of a wimp because I was able to put 45s on the bar for bench, which might be stupid, but that's how I feel and it is what it is. My bench still sucks, but at least I"m making progress. My form is a lot better than it was, too. I didn't expect to get 10 extra lbs on each lift tonight.

edit: I added "before" pics to my first post. If you must laugh, keep it to yourself :D

Coke
01-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Wow man, session looks great.

killxswitch
01-29-2008, 07:01 AM
Thanks Coke, it felt great. I have a long road ahead of me, but I felt like I took a real solid step last night.

RedSpikeyThing
01-29-2008, 07:37 AM
good work man! I like the routine....3 big compounds every workout, lift heavy.

EDIT: Glad to see another computer geek here :hello:

killxswitch
01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Cheers Spike. I'm trying to make the most of my newb gains with the compound movements. Eventually I'll get all tricksy with my programming, but for now the simple stuff seems to be working.

This geek is looking forward to birthday cash and a tax refund. I need a new cpu, mobo, and memory.

killxswitch
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Day 12

Tonight I forgot to charge my mp3 player. Sucks. On top of that is was "customer appreciation night", which translates into a metric **** ton of people in the gym. I had a hard time focusing, and feel I could've gotten more out of it if I'd just been more mentally tough. I still made some progress.

Squat:

1 x bar x 10
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
3 x 235 x 5 (+5 lbs from last session)

These felt heavy but good. I had trouble focusing tonight. I had a lot of energy, so I think I could've gone for 240.

Military Press:

1 x bar x 10
1 x 65 x 5
3 x 85 x 5 (+5 lbs)

I barely made it through these. My left shoulder still feels funny from a few weeks ago, but I think the weight was just heavy for me. Progress is progress.

Bent-over rows:

1 X bar x 8
1 x 65 x 5
1 x 95 x 5
1 x 135 x 5
1 x 145 x 5
1 x 150 x 5

I went back to these and also did some form work on power cleans with just the bar. I'm making progress there, getting the hip thrust movement down. It's easier to flip up the bar without using my arms now, and my muscles are getting better at "remembering" the movements. Not perfect at all, but better. My form on the row looked phenomenal, to me anyway, best it's been so far.

Tonight was also apparently lightbulb night. A bunch of upper body gorillas all curling and such in front of the dumbell rack mirror. They were all bigger/stronger than me, so I can't talk too much. I just wouldn't want to look like them if I'd put in that much time lifting.

jed
01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
congrats on the +5 lbs to squat and MP's dude, like you said progress is progress! sucks you had no mp3 player, i know how that feels with no music :(

killxswitch
02-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks Jed. Yep, any step forward is better than staying put or backsliding. I didn't struggle at all with 80 lbs on the press last time, so I was surprised I had so much trouble with 85.

Coke
02-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Pulled off a real nice effort regardless bro, lol.

RedSpikeyThing
02-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Nice lifting, congrats on the PRs. If you think you could have got 240, then go for 245 next week. Abuse your newbie gains while you have them lol

I barely made it through these. My left shoulder still feels funny from a few weeks ago, but I think the weight was just heavy for me. Progress is progress.

hey man, take what you can get!

PS I'm jealous about the computer shopping

killxswitch
02-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Thanks Coke, Red. Newbie gains rule. I think Coke is LOLing about my puniness.

Kiaran
02-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Interesting routine going on in here, bro. Nice getting the 1pps on the working sets of your bench. That's a pretty epic milestone for everyone I think. I know exactly what you mean about the deads tearing your hands up. It only gets worse as the weight goes up to, lol. Just squeeze tight and use a lot of chalk and the bar won't own your hands
as bad.

Are you landing your cleans on your front delts yet or are you just catching it in a military press start position? Cleans tear me up too badly, I have to stay away from them...but if you can do them without messing yourself up, they are pretty bad ass.

Nice work going on in here, man. Keep it up.

killxswitch
02-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks bro, I'm headed in again today to see how the deads go. I need to get some chalk and a pumice stone. As for power cleans I'm sticking with rows for now while I work on my clean form separately. I think when I do get the bar shrugged up properly I'm catching it the right way. My problem is getting my hips, knees, and ankles to all move forward at the right time so the bar swings up.

I just got a new book that is supposed to have a great section in it on how to perform the power clean, hopefully that will help me out. It was highly recommended by several guys I know who seem to know what they're talking about.

Kiaran
02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Nice. I would almost say to master the full clean before the power clean. The full teaches a little more how to really explode and fire with hips and legs rather than the traps and arms.

killxswitch
02-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Nice. I would almost say to master the full clean before the power clean. The full teaches a little more how to really explode and fire with hips and legs rather than the traps and arms.

I've thought of that, and I even find the full clean a little easier to do, but at the same time I'm trying to follow the Starting Strength program as strictly as possible for now, and it specifically says to do power cleans, not full cleans.

killxswitch
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Day 13

Squat:

bar x 10 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
245 x 5 x 3 (+10 lbs from last time)

It was stupid of me to increase to 245. My last set was not good. My form was terrible, I didn't get all the way to parallel, and my last two reps almost got stuck on the way back up.

Bench Press:

bar x 10 x 1
65 x 5 x 1
85 x 5 x 1
145 x 5 x 3 (+5 lbs)

This felt ok.

Deadlift:

95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
185 x 5 x 1
250 x 5 x 1 (+15 lbs)

Ha ha, woops. I only meant to increase by 10 lbs. today. I didn't bring my old log sheet with me today (record my lifts on a single sheet of paper. Get a book, I know...), so I just assumed I did 240 last week and needed to do 250 this week. My form was decent, so no harm done. My grip about gave out on the last rep though. I may need to switch to over/under grip rather than double overhand grip.

I was tired today. I only got 4 hrs of sleep last night, and ate poorly today. Not enough calories, not enough carbs pre-workout. Given this sloppy behavior, I'm ok with my progress.

jed
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Lookin great, fella. Good job on the increases :)

Coke
02-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Doing ok man, will be going even more smoothly for you once you get some more food and sleep in.

killxswitch
02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys. It could've been worse. I'm already eating better today and I should be ready to hit it hard again Wednesday.

Kiaran
02-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Nice job on the squats even if your form wasn't perfect, dude. That sort of pushing is what it takes. Bench is coming along too and deads are well on their way to the big 3pps. 275 is your next stop, no problem. Definitely switch to over-under grip. You'll probably add 25+ lbs with just that alone. Makes a world of difference. I know what you mean about sleep. I could use a **** load more myself. Press on, nice moves.

killxswitch
02-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks K. I'll give under/over a shot on deads this Friday or Saturday. I'd be thrilled to toss on another 25 lbs. I wanted to keep the double overhand grip for as long as possible so as to improve grip strength, but I don't want to sacrifice gains in favor of grip strength.

borracho
02-06-2008, 07:18 AM
nice to see you're sticking with it...keep it up buddy

jed
02-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I would def. suggest the over/under, but make sure and use lightweight and test it out so you get comfortable with it before you go for the big weights. I'm sure you knew that though.

whiteman90909
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Good sessions.

If you are worried about grip being a problem if you start doing a mixed grip, just do some farmers walks after your DLs. They will make sure that your grip doesn't lag.

Even with a mixed grip, I still feel it in my forearms.

killxswitch
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
jed, I always start off with warmups, so I'll just maybe add a few extra low weight sets to make sure I get the feel down. I'm excited to see if the weight goes up even just 10-15 lbs.

whiteman, thanks, I may give farmers walks a shot. I think the DBs at my gym go up to 150, which should be more than enough for me at this point.

Should I also switch my left and right hands occasionally? I read some journal, maybe on here, where a guy's right trap was getting bigger than his left so he had to switch his grip.

jed
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Heh, I haven't ever switched my hands unless it was way back when I was trying to figure out what form was better... I don't think having a hand one way or another will affect which side of the traps are getting bigger, it's hard enough to try and make one side bigger than the others.

killxswitch
02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Heh, alright. I'm probably just overthinking it like a noob :D

:newbie:

killxswitch
02-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Day 14

5 minutes rowing for warmup (never doing this again, since starting this my last two workouts have been crap)

Squat:

bar x 8 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
185 x 5 x 1
245 x 5 x 1
250 x 5 x 2

These hurt. Not like they were sore, they just hurt. I'm thinking of taking a week off from squatting starting next week. I got a sharp pain somewhere in my pelvic region after my last set, and some muscle on my upper thigh/waist area doesn't seem to want to stretch out, so it hurts too. 250 didn't feel any heavier than 245, so I figured, what the hell.

Overhead Press:

bar x 10 x 1
65 x 5 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
95 x 3 x 1
90 x 5 x 1
90 x 2 x1

Idiot. I somehow added 50 and 45 and got 90 on my 3rd set. Nice grade school math, huh? I'll try 90 again next week.

Bent-over row:

bar x 8 x 1
65 x 5 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
155 x 5 x 3

155 was maybe a bit much, my form was not as good as last time.

I didn't feel that bad after this workout, but going back over it now, it kind of sucked.

whiteman90909
02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
That looks like a solid day.

I wouldn't worry too much about uneven traps. I've been DLing a while, and never noticed uneven traps. Even if someone were to develop unevenness, it would only be noticeable to the lifter, and even then, only when they were flexing.

jed
02-07-2008, 08:10 PM
nice workout. good heavy squats man. are you OH presses with leg or not?

Kiaran
02-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Sounds like you might have pushed it a little too hard on the Squats. Good call resting up. No sense in screwing up your hips over things. Still, it looks like it was a pretty intense squat day. Nice moves on the rowing. Good to see that in here. Just work on full ROM with that puppy and a good squeeze with your shoulder blades at the top of the pull. 155 will be a piece of cake in no time at all.

killxswitch
02-08-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks guys. Kiaran, yeah, I think I just pushed a bit too hard on squats. I actually feel pretty good today, so instead of not doing squats I'm going to back down on weight some and make sure my form is spot on.

Jed, no leg movement on my OH presses. If I could drive with my legs a bit I'm sure I could do more weight, but I'm not going for a push press, just a shoulder press. I was ignorantly calling it a "military press" before I found out your feet are supposed to be together on military.

whitey, yeah, I'm not gonna worry about uneven traps, I'm not trying to be a bodybuilder anyway.

killxswitch
02-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Day 15

Squat:

bar x 10 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
245 x 5 x 1
250 x 5 x 2

These felt better, I did 2 sets of 5 at 250 lbs. this time instead of 1. Form was better.

Bench Press:

bar x 10 x 1
65 x 5 x 1
85 x 5 x 1
115 x 5 x 1
160 x 3 x 1
155 x 4 x 2

Gah, I gotta stop doing this. I put 160 on the bar thinking it was 150, then got discouraged when I couldn't do a full set of "150", and then couldn't even get in 2 full sets of "145" (which was actually 155). Stupid, stupid, stupid. Though I felt better when I realized I wasn't actually losing strength, I just suck at math.

Deadlift (now with over/under grip):

95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
220 x 5 x 1
260 x 5 x 1 - feeling pretty good
275 x 5 x 1 - feeling really good!
315 x 3 + 2 x 1 - HELL YES MASSIVE PR!!!

I did 1 rep thinking I'd do a 1RM PR, felt good, so I did two more reps, stopped about 20 seconds, went back and pulled two more. Form was good, no Diesel Weasel straining or anything stupid like that. My lower back feels on fire, but it's good.

Now I need to think of a new deadlift goal for 2008.

jed
02-08-2008, 10:38 PM
woot grats on the DL PR dude :D already smashed ur 2008 goal!!

killxswitch
02-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Thanks jed, yeah, I guess the grip was really holding me back.

Kiaran
02-09-2008, 10:41 AM
lol, told ya over-under is huge. Now, your next stop will be 365. Nice work, man. 315 for reps is huge. You will have 405 before summer is out this year.

killxswitch
02-09-2008, 03:02 PM
You were right K. If I can hit 405 by August/September I will be a happy man.

jed
02-09-2008, 03:59 PM
hey, do you game? from 'geek' to freak...

Coke
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Carrying on real nicely dude.

killxswitch
02-09-2008, 09:40 PM
hey, do you game? from 'geek' to freak...

I've been playing Call of Duty 4 online on the PC lately. I don't have an xbox 360 or ps3, just PC games.

Thanks Coke, I'm trying.

jed
02-09-2008, 09:47 PM
kickbutt dude im all-pc also :D do you play any of blizzards games? i got cod4, crysis, diablo 2 LoD, and madden 08 installed i just reformatted. im hooked on madden at the moment.

killxswitch
02-09-2008, 11:29 PM
I sold my copy of diablo 2 LoD, and really I played the crap out of it already. About the only games I play anymore are cod4 and counterstrike source. I would like to get Team Fortress 2 sometime, but cod4 is keeping my attention. We should play on the same server sometime. Do you use xfire? I'm killxswitch on there also.

jed
02-09-2008, 11:40 PM
heh yeah we've had to copy our d2 disc about 3 times cuz we used it so much. ah yeah CS:S i played religiously i will install that sometime, steam is just such a hassle sometimes. ill tell you once i get my cod4 mp running, its getting some errors at the moment.

killxswitch
02-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Cool, just let me know sometime. I don't get to play as much as I used to in HS and college now that I'm married and working full-time, but I still sneak on every now and then.

killxswitch
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Day 15.5

Went with my wife to the gym to spot for her, as she had one of her migraines on Friday and couldn't go with me then.

Did 30 min of cardio on an elliptical. Post run, I weighed 236 lbs naked. I've weighed around 240-243 the last few days, so I think that's the low end of my normal fluctuation. I don't think I've gained much fat, if any at all. That would put my increase in lean muscle at around 6-8ish lbs. so far (assuming I'm correct that I haven't gained much fat).

edit: I dunno, that seems like an awful lot. Maybe I'm overestimating. It doesn't really matter, as long as I keep getting stronger and don't turn into a blimp I'm doing what I need to.

Kiaran
02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh god, D2 and Counterstrike. Played way too ****ing much of those games in my life. TFC 2 is pretty fun. It's total cheese-ball but then it becomes totally addicting.

Coke
02-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Nice stuff on the elliptical machine for a half hour bro.

killxswitch
02-11-2008, 06:15 AM
K, yeah, CS took over my life for a while. I was admin on a server and part of a clan and everything. I don't have that kind of time anymore, but they're still fun.

Coke, thanks for the encouragement. I haven't done 30 minutes of any cardio in a long time, but it wasn't actually that bad.

Stumprrp
02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
dude, i used to be addicted to CS, big time.

killxswitch
02-11-2008, 01:26 PM
No time for it anymore Stump? Too busy deadlifting elephants and squatting Buicks?

pulse
02-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Workouts and progress are looking good. I did starting strength for a while and I really liked it a bunch. This seems like the perfect journal to subscribe too considering I used to love D2, tfc, cs, and well... online games in general. Not a big fan of tf2 tho... its too easy compared to tfc. (I used to play competitively lol thats about as nerdy as you can get).

killxswitch
02-11-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks for stopping in Pulse. You're right, playing competitively is about as deep as it goes. Were you a "professional"? I was never that far in. Not for lack of desire, I'm just not that good :D

Day 16

5 min. row machine to warm up

Squat:

bar x 10 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
230 x 5 x 1
250 x 5 x 1

Mixed feelings on these. The right side of my right thigh, right at the hip, hurts. I lowered the weight today just to work at form, and up until 230 I felt like I was doing better. Then it started to hurt again. I wonder if it might just be hip flexibility. I need that foam roller. I do think my form was better. Stance and depth were better, and I didn't rock forward onto the balls of my feet like I used to do.

Barbell press:

bar x 10 x 1
65 x 5 x 1
90 x 5 x 3

Barely made it through, but I did.

Barbell Row:

bar x 10 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
140 x 5 x 1
145 x 5 x 1

These were fine, but I was tired so I didn't push very hard.

Overall not a good workout. I'll do better next time. Though if I'm being honest with myself I don't feel confident in my squats. The lack of progress is frustrating, as is this pain in my right thigh.

schmitty199
02-11-2008, 09:10 PM
I get those days every once in awhile, usually turns into a great workout the next day. :)

killxswitch
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I hope so schmitty. I needed to eat more today. I always do better when I eat like a pig.

jed
02-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Glad you twinked your workout and made yourself better. Good job toughin' it out, we all have our bad days.

Kiaran
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
I know exactly what pain you are talking about in your leg/hip. I used to get that all the time. I changed the width of my stance and the direction my toes pointed and it stopped hurting. Could be the way your hip joint is tracking with your leg. Play with it a bit and see if anything helps it. Might have to warmup a little slower too. Maybe take a hop to 185 before the 225 or take another set of 135 or whatever.

killxswitch
02-12-2008, 12:51 AM
K, help me out bro, you're saying things that make sense. Prior to tonight I believe my stance was too narrow and my toes were pointed too straight and needed to be out at an angle more. I watched some Squat Rx vids and tried harder to mirror that, and it felt better at first. Are these the adjustments you made to your own stance? Am I doing the right thing? Perhaps the pain is just residual from the previous sessions of squatting poorly.

One thing I noticed was that my legs did not wobble the way they used to, which is good. I think my hip joint tracking was more natural.

jed, I'm trying man, it's frustrating to struggle so soon after starting out, but I just gotta work through it. I thought the noob gains would carry me further! :tuttut:

Coke
02-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Too bad about the leg pain, hope that bs subsides real soon.

RedSpikeyThing
02-12-2008, 07:29 AM
nice work man. Stretch out that hip before and after squatting. We all have bad days and one bad session doesn't mean your noob gains are going away. Eat up, rest and smash it next time!

Kiaran
02-12-2008, 01:56 PM
When my thigh would hurt it was mostly due to my toes being pointed out way too much and my stance was actually too wide. This is turn could have caused the tracking of my legs, hips and knees to not be in line, which causes some things to twist and pull unnaturally. There is a small window in my stance where nothing hurts in any joint or tendon. I believe everybody has this window. Just gonna have to play with it.

The pain may be residual, but when you hit the right squat, you will know it. It just feel smooth and nothing feels pulled or twinging. This doesn't necessarily mean that the form will feel natural. My buddy worked with me for about 6 months on mine tweaking everything from where I carried the bar to how I position my toes.

pulse
02-12-2008, 07:30 PM
When I first started squatting I got terrible terrible soreness on the inner parts of my hips which eventually led to not being able to finish my sets. It eventually went away over time though. Never did find out what it was. I did widen my stance a bit and point my feet in a more natural position for squatting but it could have just been a weak muscle that eventually worked itself out and had nothing to do with my stance.

As far as competitive gaming. I didnt go pro, I wasnt quite that big of a nerd. But ive played in all the tfc top tier leagues, and in most of the cs ones. Now I rarely play... Im actually a firefighter/emt now. We have a WII at the station and I destroy people haha.

killxswitch
02-13-2008, 06:39 AM
Kiaran, weird that your problem was the opposite of mine. I think I'm going lighter on squats (no more than 185) this week and I'll continue to work on form.

pulse, did you ever play CS source? I actually got more into that than original CS. Blasphemy, I know. I just never have time to play much of anything anymore. Which is ok, there's more to life than pwning fools on teh servar.

RedSpikeyThing
02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
When my thigh would hurt it was mostly due to my toes being pointed out way too much and my stance was actually too wide. This is turn could have caused the tracking of my legs, hips and knees to not be in line, which causes some things to twist and pull unnaturally. There is a small window in my stance where nothing hurts in any joint or tendon. I believe everybody has this window. Just gonna have to play with it.

The pain may be residual, but when you hit the right squat, you will know it. It just feel smooth and nothing feels pulled or twinging. This doesn't necessarily mean that the form will feel natural. My buddy worked with me for about 6 months on mine tweaking everything from where I carried the bar to how I position my toes.

That sounds right. A wide stance with no squat suit or briefs is going to cause trouble. I started pushing my stance wider and ended up pulling my groin, but when I cam back to a narrower stance I felt stronger and more comfortable :) It's good that you found that sweet spot.

pulse
02-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Kiaran, weird that your problem was the opposite of mine. I think I'm going lighter on squats (no more than 185) this week and I'll continue to work on form.

pulse, did you ever play CS source? I actually got more into that than original CS. Blasphemy, I know. I just never have time to play much of anything anymore. Which is ok, there's more to life than pwning fools on teh servar.

I played source beta and I played in the first leagues that came out during release. We actually bought ATI cards so our team could play beta and scrim to go to CPL lol. I grew out of that phase pretty quickly but I dont play it much anymore. I could get on sometime to play with some wbb guys!

Stumprrp
02-13-2008, 02:53 PM
great squatting

killxswitch
02-15-2008, 06:03 AM
pulse, I think COD4 might be the game of choice for WBBers right now? I'm down for whatever.

Thanks Stump, it's getting better.

Day 17:

Squat:

bar x 10 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
185 x 5 x 2
225 x 5 x 1

Lowered weight and focusing on form is boring. But I had little to no pain at the time, and no pain now, so I think my form was much better.

Bench:

bar x 10 x 1
65 x 5 x 1
95 x 5 x 1
150 x 5 x 3

This felt fine. It helps to add the correct weight.

Deadlift:

135 x 5 x 1
185 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
335 x 3 + 1 + 1

I got stupid on these. I should've just tried for 315 x 5 since I didn't completely get it last time.

My left knee started popping again after a few weeks of being fine. Sucks. But once I switch to my wife's insurance in March I"ll be able to go to the doctor for it.

Coke
02-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Good deal on tweaking your squat form and lowering the weight a little bit...session is looking solid guy.

borracho
02-15-2008, 08:06 AM
I know it is hard to lower weight and focus on form...this is some thing I have been (trying) to deal with on my squats as well...but I am slowly getting there. Good job dude..keep it up

jed
02-15-2008, 08:35 AM
good job fixing that form, man! works for the best in the long run.

pulse
02-15-2008, 01:10 PM
You might not like lowering the weight now but Ive done it 2 or 3 times and trust me nothing but good comes from it. Good job!

killxswitch
02-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Good deal on tweaking your squat form and lowering the weight a little bit...session is looking solid guy.

Thanks Coke, it's getting there.

I know it is hard to lower weight and focus on form...this is some thing I have been (trying) to deal with on my squats as well...but I am slowly getting there. Good job dude..keep it up

Hard is right. But it's better to stop and tweak now than at 405, right?

good job fixing that form, man! works for the best in the long run.

Yeah I know. And I'm in this for the long haul, so there's no point in screwing up early.

You might not like lowering the weight now but Ive done it 2 or 3 times and trust me nothing but good comes from it. Good job!

Word. I hope my lifts go back to shooting up 5-10 lbs each session again after these changes.

RedSpikeyThing
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
good work mang, deads are looking very strong

whiteman90909
02-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Sweet big 3 day!

killxswitch
02-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks Spikey and Whitey.

Day 18:

I was doing house stuff all day, picked up the new flooring for our living room and put a bunch of junk in storage, so I couldn't go to the gym. I had to skip squats.

Overhead press:

45 x 10 x 2
65 x 5 x 1
85 x 5 x 1
95 x 5 x 1 (+5 lbs. from last week, felt really good too)
100 x 5 x 2 (+10 lbs)

Power Clean practice:

reps @ 45
reps @ 65
reps @ 95

These are getting better, my hip movement is way better.

Bent-over Row:

65 x 5 x 1
85 x 5 x 1
105 x 5 x 1
155 x 5 x 3

Felt heavy but good.

I hate working out at home, but at least I got some work in, better than nothing.

jed
02-17-2008, 09:13 PM
glad to see your cleans are gettin alot better man. gj on the OH presses.

Coke
02-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Props for even getting the session in.

90kg_pwrlftr
02-18-2008, 06:54 AM
nice dedication! Most of us would have grabbed the remote.

killxswitch
02-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks guys.

Kiaran
02-18-2008, 02:21 PM
No clue how you hit Squats and Deads in the same day, man. Pretty outstanding. Sorry to hear about the knee. Take it easy with it if you can. Some good dedication there, working out at the house even if you couldn't make it to the gym. Nice rowing, btw.

pulse
02-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Your overhead presses are really good man! Im jealous.

killxswitch
02-18-2008, 09:27 PM
K, it's the newbie gains. I won't be able to do the big 3 in one day forever. I'm just letting it play out as long as possible. Thanks for the nice words bro.

pulse, really? I always felt like my overhead presses were average for my experience. Thanks, that's a nice and unexpected compliment. I guess I really have no frame of reference for what's "good". There's the noobishness again :D

killxswitch
02-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Day 19:

Squat:

bar x 10 x 2
95 x 10 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
185 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
255 x 5 x 1
260 x 5 x 1 (+5 from last time I did squats decently)
265 x 5 x 1 (+10 lbs)

I'm back and ready to squat heavy. Heavy for me, anyway.

Bench Press:

bar x 10 x 2
65 x 10 x 1
85 x 5 x 1
105 x 5 x 1
155 x 5 x 2
155 x 4

Damn. Missed the last rep. Got about half way and then just lost it. I hate being weak on bench press.

Deadlift:

135 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
275 x 5 x 1
315 x 1 x 2

My back was still sore from rows yesterday I guess. I just had no gas in the tank for 315 x 5. I'm not supposed to lift two days in a row on this program, but my scheduling got all out of whack last week and I had to push this workout in tonight to get back on track.

I"m happy with getting back to squats, but the other two lifts were disappointing, especially bench press. A bittersweet session tonight.

pulse
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Thats a lot of squatting man good job

Coke
02-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Thats a lot of squatting man good job

No kidding, way to raise up on them squats.

killxswitch
02-19-2008, 06:25 AM
pulse, thanks dude. I need to get a foam roller to work the knots out, my quads are feeling tight!

Coke, thanks, that means a lot coming from you big man.

POWERLIFTER87
02-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Nice improvement on the squats. Deadlifting at the end has to suck.

whiteman90909
02-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Squats and DLs in the same day kill me, but both look good!

jed
02-19-2008, 04:59 PM
wooo check them squats man! those are tight! great numbers fella. same with deads! 315 singles after a whole squat workout is psycho!

Kiaran
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow, you've got a lot going on there in that last workout, bro. Squats are getting pretty sick. Is that all raw too? I know completely how you feel on bench. Mine seems to drag ass as well. Don't let it mess you up though. How often are you benching? Deads the day after rows is a big no-no in my book. I've got to have a relatively fresh back for them, otherwise the bar feels like a ton of bricks. Sounds like you already figured that out though. Don't sell yourself short; the squats pretty much owned. Nice work.

Bako Lifter
02-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Damn nice squats dude.

killxswitch
02-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Nice improvement on the squats. Deadlifting at the end has to suck.

Thanks for the comments and for stopping by. This was the first time I really felt gassed when I got to deads at the end.

Squats and DLs in the same day kill me, but both look good!

They kill me too! It's amazing I somehow manage to type while dead. Thanks bro.

wooo check them squats man! those are tight! great numbers fella. same with deads! 315 singles after a whole squat workout is psycho!

Thanks man. I'm getting there. Bench needs to catch the **** up with my other lifts though, for serious.

Wow, you've got a lot going on there in that last workout, bro. Squats are getting pretty sick. Is that all raw too? I know completely how you feel on bench. Mine seems to drag ass as well. Don't let it mess you up though. How often are you benching? Deads the day after rows is a big no-no in my book. I've got to have a relatively fresh back for them, otherwise the bar feels like a ton of bricks. Sounds like you already figured that out though. Don't sell yourself short; the squats pretty much owned. Nice work.

Thanks K. Yeah it's all raw. I wouldn't know the first thing about briefs or knee wraps, and suits are WAY out of my league for now. I bench once a week one week, then twice the next week, then back to once, then twice, and the cycle continues. Yes, rowing then DL was perhaps a bad idea, but I had to get back on schedule.

Damn nice squats dude.

Thanks for dropping in Bako, and for the comment. I'm getting there. 315 for 3x5 in 2008, that's the goal.

Thanks for all the comments fellas, I feel the love (no homo). More squats tonight! I may take it a bit easy though as my lower back and right thigh are feeling a little funny. We'll see.

borracho
02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the comment...looks like you're keeping on top of things in here...squats look like they are doing quite well. Give your self a good game from wbb.com dude

jed
02-20-2008, 07:13 PM
heh i'd trade ya. seems like im not made to squat very much hah! unless im just ungodly strong in my bench, but i dont seem too special!

MichaelKeck
02-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Day 19:

Squat:

bar x 10 x 2
95 x 10 x 1
135 x 5 x 1
185 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
255 x 5 x 1
260 x 5 x 1 (+5 from last time I did squats decently)
265 x 5 x 1 (+10 lbs)

I'm back and ready to squat heavy. Heavy for me, anyway.

Bench Press:

bar x 10 x 2
65 x 10 x 1
85 x 5 x 1
105 x 5 x 1
155 x 5 x 2
155 x 4

Damn. Missed the last rep. Got about half way and then just lost it. I hate being weak on bench press.

Deadlift:

135 x 5 x 1
225 x 5 x 1
275 x 5 x 1
315 x 1 x 2

Wow what a session. nice work KS!

killxswitch
02-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the comment...looks like you're keeping on top of things in here...squats look like they are doing quite well. Give your self a good game from wbb.com dude

Lol, thanks borracho. High five!

heh i'd trade ya. seems like im not made to squat very much hah! unless im just ungodly strong in my bench, but i dont seem too special!

Hey, be careful what you offer. I dunno what my 1RM is on squat, you might be making a bad trade. You might just have higher than average strength in your chest, whereas I definitely have lower than average. Your squat and DL weights don't seem all that out-of-whack with each other, so my inexperienced guess is that you're just a strong bencher.

Wow what a session. nice work KS!

Thanks for stopping in Keck! It's getting there, still got a lifetime of work ahead of me though.

No gym last night. My wife just didn't feel like going as we've been super busy, and my hip really tightened up yesterday. Stupid office job, it's terrible for my flexibility. We're going in tonight and then again on Saturday. I may take it easy on squats and go heavier again on Saturday. And man do I need to stretch.

jed
02-21-2008, 06:15 PM
hmm, thats interesting. my chest is pretty small but who knows i guess, they do always make fun of my big arms. do good tonight.

killxswitch
02-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Small? You sure? I find that hard to believe bro. Anyway, unfortunately I didn't do ANYTHING tonight. Freak snow storm, the city was unprepared, a real pain to go anywhere with the roads like this. I'm stuck where you were jed: at home surrounded by snow. Sucks.

jed
02-21-2008, 08:15 PM
hahah! i feel for u man, that sucks big time! u can do some handstand pushups at home if u want!! those are great haha.

ps i think im gonna have dad take some pics of me tonight before i get too fat from bulking so you can see my chest soon and see what u think.

Kiaran
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Time to hit the pushups, situps and air squats. Sounds pretty gay, but it's better than nothing, right? lol, sorry to hear about the snow. I'm hoping we don't get pounded in the next few weeks. Seems like everywhere else has been.

killxswitch
02-22-2008, 07:31 AM
TBH I just stayed on the couch and watched some episodes of Dexter with the wife. I'll have no excuses not to kick ass at the gym this weekend, I've got plenty of rest now, and I've been eating a lot this week.

borracho
02-22-2008, 08:20 AM
some times all ya need is a good little forced rest...I cant wait to punish my self on saturday! i know you'll be doing the same!

redFury
02-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks jed. I can't wait til I get to the point that 220 is a warmup, but for now as long as I'm increasing weight each session I can't complain.

I'm a computer geek. I play computer games (right now Call of Duty 4 is my fav), I build my own systems, majored in a computer-related field in college, I work as a server administrator, I do computer builds and repair on the side, heck I built a water cooling system for my home computer so I could force it to run faster. I'm not a true geek in that I also have a life, but my wife tells me I'm a geek anyway, and she's usually right about... everything. :D

Liked reading this man... I happen to work with a bunch of computer geeks, none of which ever go to the gym. Makes me somewhat of an outcast, but when I attend meetings people notice me, since I don't fall into the <120lb or >300lb range haha. I'm a computer nerd myself, but keep it real outside of my office. In any event, keep up the great work man!

killxswitch
02-22-2008, 11:24 AM
some times all ya need is a good little forced rest...I cant wait to punish my self on saturday! i know you'll be doing the same!

Word. I would've preferred to go lift, but if I set some good PRs on Saturday (I'm still new enough that I seem like I'm always setting PRs) I suppose it'll be OK. Here's to much soreness on Saturday night :thumbup:

Liked reading this man... I happen to work with a bunch of computer geeks, none of which ever go to the gym. Makes me somewhat of an outcast, but when I attend meetings people notice me, since I don't fall into the <120lb or >300lb range haha. I'm a computer nerd myself, but keep it real outside of my office. In any event, keep up the great work man!

Thanks for stopping in RF! I'm sorry to hear you work with computer geeks, most are insufferable. Hobby geeks for the win! I'll make sure I check in on your journal too, though it sounds like you're pretty busy lately.

borracho
02-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Here's to much soreness on Saturday night :thumbup:

We shall swap war stories saturday night/sunday morning, sir!

:ninja:

killxswitch
02-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Day 20:

Squat:

bar x 10 x 2
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
245 x 1
265 x 1
275 x 4
275 x 1 x 2

Overhead Press:

bar x 5
65 x 5
85 x 5
100 x 1
100 x 5
100 x 4 + 1
100 x 1

BO Barbell Row:

bar x 5
95 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
160 x 5 x 2

I got 4 hrs. of sleep last night and hadn't eaten in 6 hours when I hit the gym. Hence all my partial sets and crap workout. My weekend workouts always suffer because my routine suffers, IE I am undisciplined on the weekend. 275 didn't even feel that heavy on squat (felt about the same as 225), I was just tired and when I hit the hole I was freaking sluggish coming out of it. I'm disappointed in myself but not all that surprised. Not much of a war story for you borracho, time to see how you did.

edit: it was 275 on squats, not 270. I added the plates wrong... again. I dunno what my problem is.

jed
02-23-2008, 08:57 PM
ah thats alright man, still a pretty decent workout despite the alck of sleep and food. just gotta disclipline ourselves ya know.

borracho
02-24-2008, 02:21 PM
considerign the f*3k job of preparing yourself for the gym (sleep/food intake) you did great dude! 270 on the squats is good things! I wish I could get my fat ass to squat that on a full night sleep!

killxswitch
02-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Edited latest post, it was 275 not 270. If it HAD been 270 (like I meant it to be) I may have gotten it, or at least gotten closer to 3x5.

Thanks jed and borracho. I'm not disappointed with the workout, I'm disappointed at my preparation. Considering I felt like garbage it actually wasn't too terrible.

Also of note, my legs and hips aren't hurting like they used to on squats. I've been better about hip drive and keeping my knees out, thanks to the Squat Rx videos.

Coke
02-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Good job with the session regardless bro.

pulse
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Not bad at all considering the circumstances.

Indifference
02-25-2008, 01:18 PM
liking the work in here man! I think ill be sticking around your journal and watchin the weights go up!

killxswitch
02-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Good job with the session regardless bro.

Thanks Coke. I appreciate your rock-steady support as always.

Not bad at all considering the circumstances.

Thanks pulse. I agree. I want more, but who doesn't? LOSERS. That's who. And I'm no loser.

liking the work in here man! I think ill be sticking around your journal and watchin the weights go up!

Hey Indifference, thanks for stopping in. Doin' my best. I secretly want to hit my 2008 goals by the end of summer, don't tell nobody. I'll check out your journal when I get a chance.

My dog decided to throw up 8 times in 2 hours yesterday (he's a Mastiff, it wasn't pretty), so we got to go to the overpriced emergency vet until 1am last night. I feel ok, but I'm holding off on the next session til tomorrow.

jed
02-25-2008, 04:17 PM
whats wrong with your poor guy? that sucks to hear, i hate hearing about pets gettin sick or hurt!

pulse
02-25-2008, 04:48 PM
So I didnt know what a mastiff was until I googled it. I couldnt imagine that throwup being very pretty at all. Hopefully he gets better. Sounds like he got into something. Did they say what was wrong?

killxswitch
02-25-2008, 05:52 PM
Haha, yeah, what was wrong was that he ate

rocks
a pen
a bunch of stuffing and fabric from a blanket
a roll of paper towels
a few sticks
some other crap

We thought some of it might be stuck in him, lodged in his esophagus, so we took him in. We talked it over with the vet and got him some drugs to calm his stomach and some fluids to rehydrate him. He threw up a little bit overnight (I'm glad we're replacing the carpet anyway), but kept his food down this morning and was fine when we got home from work.

Here's Mack: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1096/1188299706_23f918088c.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1073/1188288806_b2502b0404.jpg

Him and his sister Ruby:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/500327569_120ca35430.jpg

I don't think he feels great, but he's better.

whiteman90909
02-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Cool dogs dude! And good job with still getting the lift in; most people would have stayed home and done jack ****.

Kiaran
02-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Know what you mean about the squats feeling sluggish. No worries though. Overhead pressing looks solid and ace on the rows. Bustin it out there.

Sorry to hear about the dog. Sounds about like my old dog. She'd eat anything and everything in site. Aren't emergency vet bills just awesome too? They make you sign that form that's like "if your pet goes into shock we won't do anything unless you authorize us to spend more money - sign here" And of course you sign the form. Hope the dog feels better soon.

killxswitch
02-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Cool dogs dude! And good job with still getting the lift in; most people would have stayed home and done jack ****.

Thanks whitey, though I didn't go in that night.

Know what you mean about the squats feeling sluggish. No worries though. Overhead pressing looks solid and ace on the rows. Bustin it out there.

Sorry to hear about the dog. Sounds about like my old dog. She'd eat anything and everything in site. Aren't emergency vet bills just awesome too? They make you sign that form that's like "if your pet goes into shock we won't do anything unless you authorize us to spend more money - sign here" And of course you sign the form. Hope the dog feels better soon.

Thanks K. My squats are always terrible when I don't eat or get sleep. I can usually fake it through bench or a few sets of deads, but squats just take too much energy.

The vet bill was sweet. $150 for some fluids and something to settle his stomach (they referred to it as a "liquid Pepcid AC"). They offered to do a blood test and an xray of his stomach to see if he had pancreatitis or a foreign body (like, you know, rocks and stuff) stuck somewhere in him. For $300. It actually wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be, but it still sucked.

I'm glad we declined that, as he was able to wrestle around with me a bit last night.

Coke
02-26-2008, 07:19 AM
Wow man, that's a lot of luv for the dog(s) - :D ...I'm no different, lol.

nhlfan
02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
haha dogs always eat the strangest crap. glad to hear he's healthy again.

killxswitch
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow man, that's a lot of luv for the dog(s) - :D ...I'm no different, lol.

The guy needs to stop costing me money. He's too young to just give up on though. Plus he's my buddy and I'd miss him.

haha dogs always eat the strangest crap. glad to hear he's healthy again.

Thanks for the words, I'm glad too. He finally vomited up some ink from the pen he ate, which is what I think was bothering him the most. He's been fine since.

killxswitch
02-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Day 21:

Squat:

bar x 10 x 2
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
255 x 3
270 x 5 x 2
275 x 5

These really took it out of me, I know I GMed the last two reps. Completed the sets though.

Bench:

bar x 10 x 2
65 x 5
95 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 2
135 x 5 x 2

Ugh, I hate how I suck at bench.

Deadlift:

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5

Meh. Not a strong workout.

Indifference
02-26-2008, 10:15 PM
good work man. doing all of the big 3 in one workout would knock me on my ass. props for pulling it off!

Kiaran
02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Damn, really nice sets of Squatting. That's how it's done, bro. Don't let the bench get you down. Just stay stubborn and stick with it.

pulse
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Dude I dont know what your saying about not a strong workout. The deads and squats are awesome. I think you're with me on the bench tho. It seems no matter what I do my bench plateaus so fast and my squats just seem to always have a little extra strength. :/

Coke
02-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Not bad throughout man, the benching will come along.

borracho
02-27-2008, 08:26 AM
got the 275 for squats eh? good job dude!

killxswitch
02-27-2008, 08:27 AM
good work man. doing all of the big 3 in one workout would knock me on my ass. props for pulling it off!

Thanks bro. A lot of people say the same thing when they hear about my routine, but that's just what Rippetoe's Starting Strength calls for. Since I was a noob when I started (still am, really) I didn't know it was the big 3, I just started doing it.

Damn, really nice sets of Squatting. That's how it's done, bro. Don't let the bench get you down. Just stay stubborn and stick with it.

Thanks K. Bench will probably frustrate me the rest of my life, I might as well accept it now and keep at it anyway. Or start roiding up.

Dude I dont know what your saying about not a strong workout. The deads and squats are awesome. I think you're with me on the bench tho. It seems no matter what I do my bench plateaus so fast and my squats just seem to always have a little extra strength. :/

Squats were pretty good I guess. I can do better on deads, I was just beat. And like you say, BP is just frustrating. I think I'm also worrying too much about whether or not I can handle the weight since I don't have a spotter. I have a tough time focusing when I'm tired after squats.

Not bad throughout man, the benching will come along.

Thanks Coke. I hope you're right.

got the 275 for squats eh? good job dude!

Thanks bro. It was kind of gratifying. Once I can do 3 x 5 at 275 I'll be happier.

POWERLIFTER87
02-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Nice work. Set up for bench in the power rack if you don't have a spotter. That way, you won't have to worry about it if you miss.

killxswitch
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Nice work. Set up for bench in the power rack if you don't have a spotter. That way, you won't have to worry about it if you miss.

Thanks PL87. I was thinking about doing that yesterday, but thought it would seem weird to drag a bench over to the lone power rack. You're right, though. I should just get the **** over it and do it anyway.

pulse
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks PL87. I was thinking about doing that yesterday, but thought it would seem weird to drag a bench over to the lone power rack. You're right, though. I should just get the **** over it and do it anyway.

Your gym doesnt have like 10 incline/flat individual things you can use for dumbell work?

JonnyM
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
ahh dude yeah that bench must be annoying you!!
i used to see no progressiong, but in the last few weeks its been better. well thats ever since i started my journal on here.

anyway man im glad to see those squats shooting!!! they are really getting up there man, great work, keep it up!!!

MJay
03-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Some great progress since I first checked in!

Kiaran
03-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Where you at? Lift!

killxswitch
03-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Your gym doesnt have like 10 incline/flat individual things you can use for dumbell work?

I think it does. DBs just aren't part of my program yet. Borracho has been working through some ideas with me to improve my bench, I'll be tweaking my program once I get back in the saddle.

ahh dude yeah that bench must be annoying you!!
i used to see no progressiong, but in the last few weeks its been better. well thats ever since i started my journal on here.

anyway man im glad to see those squats shooting!!! they are really getting up there man, great work, keep it up!!!

Thanks for stopping in and for the comments Jonny. Yeah my bp pisses me off, I'll be changing my program up some to fix it. I'll drop in on your journal here in a bit and see what's up.

Some great progress since I first checked in!

Thanks MJay. Noob gains are the best, right?

Where you at? Lift!

I know, I know. I deserve to have my balls busted. I do have an excuse. I've been working on my house the last few nights that I'd normally be in the gym, replacing flooring and such. It's hard work and it's re-aggravated the problem in my left knee. The other day at work I went to the water cooler and almost fell down. But, work should be done this week, and I'll be back in the gym Saturday or Sunday. It's taking too long and admittedly I've been taking too much time getting stuff done, but I'm tired of it, bored with being home so much, and ready to get back in the gym and lift.

I'm excited about making some changes to my program so as to bust through this problem with bench press.

borracho
03-07-2008, 07:00 AM
So we have all gathered together behind the curtains of the forums (via PM's) and came up with this-
You show us a work out by COB monday or your ass is cut off!

Hope the home project is going smoothly...take care of that knee!

killxswitch
03-07-2008, 08:10 AM
So we have all gathered together behind the curtains of the forums (via PM's) and came up with this-
You show us a work out by COB monday or your ass is cut off!

Hope the home project is going smoothly...take care of that knee!

:(

Should have some stuff up by Saturday night. I've been so bored all week, and my knee is feeling somewhat better. I'm going to the doctor about it in the next couple weeks now that my insurance has switched to better coverage.

To give everyone who cares an idea of what my routine is in a general sense, here's a quick rundown of Rippetoe's Starting Strength:

Main exercises:
Squat 3 x 5
Deadlift 1 x 5
Bench Press 3 x 5
Overhead Press 3 x 5
Power Clean (I usually substitute bent-over rows) 5 x 3 or 3 x 5
(warmup sets are also done but are not included above)

Accessory exercises:
chins/pullups
dips
various ab exercises
hypers

Schedule:

Workout A - Squat, Bench, Deadlift
Workout B - Squat, OH Press, clean/row

M - A
T - off
W - B
Th - off
F - off
Sa - A
Su - off

M - B
T - off
W - A
Th - off
F - off
Sa - B
Su - off

then start over.

This has been great for pushing my squat weight up fast, but in his book Rippetoe even says he's never been a good bench presser and it's obvious he doesn't care as much about it as he does other lifts. I DO care about it, so I want to change some things.

Some things borracho and I discussed:

- bench first
- do some dips
- don't do so many warmups

Any other ideas for increasing my bench would be much appreciated. Overall I'm pretty happy with my progress thus far, with the exception of my bench press, which has been a massive disappointment.

whiteman90909
03-07-2008, 10:22 PM
For bench, I'd say to make sure that you get some rack pressing in. IMHO, rack presses along with CG bench and dips are the best way to build a big bench.

Still looking good bro-- like always, I envy those squats :thumbup:

Kiaran
03-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Cool deal, man. I fell off the forums completely a few years ago when I was installing a French Drain in my backyard. It was so much work, all the digging, shoveling rock, etc., etc., that I didn't have energy for the gym. I gained a new respect for guys that do construction and then hit the gym. Total beasts. Take your time, bro. We'll still be here.

POWERLIFTER87
03-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Try some incline or decline benching, and some db pressing. Those lifts have really worked for me. I think they'd be good for you to try since they're basic, full range movements, and I really see no point in trying fancier stuff until you build more base strength first.

Also, you could try splitting up the big lifts into different days, instead of all in the same day. See if that would work better or not.

killxswitch
03-08-2008, 12:40 PM
whitey Thanks man, I'll keep those in mind. I think the rack lockouts would especially help, as the last few times I've had trouble It's maybe 8 - 10 inches or so off my chest.

K, a house we considered buying would've needed a French drain, I don't envy you that work. I'm getting ready to leave now, still need to decide what I"m doing today.

PL87, thanks man, I'll keep that stuff in mind. I always liked DB press better than straight-up bench when I was in high school. And yeah, I agree with you, I don't think I need to look at bands or chains or board presses yet as weak as I am. I dunno about splitting my lifts up. I'm trying hard to stick to this program, maybe that's part of my problem.

Bako Lifter
03-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I think the movement that has helped my bench the most is incline db pressing. That's the only thing I can think of that might have done it, because I didn't and don't really do much else besides regular benching.

Bako Lifter
03-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Oh ya, and PL87 is a WOman ;).

killxswitch
03-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey Bako, thanks for the input. I'll give the inclines a shot.

Since I like doing a 3 day split, here's what I'm thinking of for changes.

Workout A

DB or Barbell Bench
Deadlift
Dips or Incline Bench
Bent-Over or T-bar rows or Lat pull or chins/pullups

Workout B

Squat
Overhead press
Shrugs

Week 1:

M- A
T- off
W- B
Th- off
F- off
Sa- A
Su- off

Week 2:

M- B
T- off
W- A
Th- off
Fr- off
Sa- B
Su- off

repeat

I will be sticking to the warmup and 3x5 method.

Perceived benefits:

-squatting once or twice a week versus 3x
-more focus on improving bench press, my weak point
-maintain weekly intensity on deadlift
-the Big 3 is still the core of my routine,
-routine is still pretty simple
-more diversity in movements, as I was getting bored

I may go back to the straight-up Rippetoe routine, as it was definitely valuable and helped me build my squat and deadlift weight fast. However, squatting 3x a week was wearing on me, and my bench was going nowhere fast.

I do think I could add another leg exercise on B day, any suggestions would be welcome.

pulse
03-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I dont know if its just me but I liked the original starting strength setup. If it was me I would throw in this...

Dips, Incline DB Press, Ab work, and Pullups/Chins. That still keeps the workout pretty short and gives you some things that should help your bench. If you dont feel like squatting one day just dont squat. If you are too worn out to do it one day its not going to hurt to not do it, and you probably wont see much gain from doing it if you are already tired. I used to do starting strength but I changed it up a bunch but I used it as the base for my workouts.

frank
03-08-2008, 05:26 PM
looks like some good solid work, maybe adding some BW exercies like pulse said

killxswitch
03-09-2008, 05:46 PM
3/9/2008

Bench:

bar x 10 x 2
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 5
155 x 4 + 1
155 x 4

Did these in the power rack with the pins as my "spotter". I'm still not at all strong on BP, but at least I'm about where I was when I took a week off.

Deadlift:

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 5

I kind of surprised myself with this. I had plenty of energy tonight.

Assisted Dips

Assisted Pullups

I may not do these again for a while, not sure they're necessary.

Skipped squats tonight as my knee had me feeling a little leery of them still. I'll squat twice this upcoming week though. I think for the most part I'm done squatting heavy 3x a week every week.

Post-workout weight, with towel only: 238 lbs.

whiteman90909
03-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Solid session.

pulse
03-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Good workout. You dont think your going to keep doing pullups or dips? Really should stick with them they will have huge payoff in the end, but technically they arent needed. But you will want those tris for the bench.

jed
03-09-2008, 11:02 PM
superior workout my man! i also strongly urge you to keep with the dips and pullups... or if you have to choose, pullups. they have helped me immensely!!

Indifference
03-10-2008, 12:33 AM
nice DLs big guy

you can get by without doing either of those by doing CGBP and weighted rows of different varieties. but they are good movements to keep around and I think they are just plain fun to throw in sometimes

Coke
03-10-2008, 06:07 AM
Fine effort bro.

killxswitch
03-10-2008, 07:08 AM
Solid session.

Thanks man.

Good workout. You dont think your going to keep doing pullups or dips? Really should stick with them they will have huge payoff in the end, but technically they arent needed. But you will want those tris for the bench.

I only meant pull-ups. I liked the dips, though they were difficult. I dunno, it's not like the pull-ups hurt anything, I was just tired from deads when I did them so I'm not sure I got much out of it.

superior workout my man! i also strongly urge you to keep with the dips and pullups... or if you have to choose, pullups. they have helped me immensely!!

Hey jed, thanks for the input. I'll give the pull-ups a chance I guess.

nice DLs big guy

you can get by without doing either of those by doing CGBP and weighted rows of different varieties. but they are good movements to keep around and I think they are just plain fun to throw in sometimes

Thanks bro. My callouses tore off and my hands hurt the most afterward. I think I'll bump the weight up next week. I will give the pull-ups another go. Dips are definitely staying.

Fine effort bro.

Thanks Coke, I appreciate it.

edit: added my current weight- 238 lbs.

borracho
03-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Glad to see you working out again man...looking good considering yyou just got done with the laborious task of house upgrade/maintainance.

killxswitch
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Glad to see you working out again man...looking good considering yyou just got done with the laborious task of house upgrade/maintainance.

Thanks bro. I had a few days rest from it, and not squatting heavy first meant I had plenty of energy.

borracho
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
How has the diet been looking? I had a steak and egg breakfast burrito last monday...and had been thinking about it all damn week. Friday night came along and for my second dinner, I had steak and eggs...and the trend continued through out the weekend...$30 worth of steak was consumed....and it was ****ing great...best weekend ever.

Back to eating chicken today though :(

killxswitch
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Thought I responded to this.

Diet was crap when I took the week off, but it's getting back on track. Check my sig for my fitday.

killxswitch
03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Made my own version of HahnB's amazing protein bars tonight. We'll see how they turn out.

Kiaran
03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
315 for 5, nice dude! Yeah, squatting three times a week is just nuts. Sounds like you're getting things dialed in, bro. What'd you think of benchin in the power rack?

killxswitch
03-11-2008, 06:21 AM
315 for 5, nice dude! Yeah, squatting three times a week is just nuts. Sounds like you're getting things dialed in, bro. What'd you think of benchin in the power rack?

It was pretty good, actually. The rack is pretty wide so on my second set I hit one of the plates on the pin when I was bringing the weight down, which really threw me off. But the pin height was perfect and kept me from having to worry about dropping the bar on myself, which was good for me mentally. I'm still weak, but at least not weak and scrred.

I've changed my mind about pullups: I'm keeping them in the routine.

killxswitch
03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
3/12/08

Squat:

bar x 10 x 2
95 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5 x 3
315 - walkout

First time squatting in a little while, and my lower back still feels a bit funny, so I took it semi-easy. Did a 315 walkout and dipped my knees some. Thought about trying to squat it once, but decided against it for now.

Overhead Press:

bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
95 x 5 x 2
95 x 4 +1

Tough sets for me, my shoulders are still tired from the dips last time, which I am not yet used to doing.

t-bar/bent-over rows:

warmups
135 x 5 x 3

Started with t-bar rows but didn't like them that much. Moved over to BO rows and just did some reps of 135. I"ll build back up to where I was by 5 lbs each week and keep progressing. I have a bad habit of jerking a little bit when I do these.

shrugs:

barbell - 135 x 5

these felt weird, tried moving to dumbells

dumbells - 50s x 5 x 3

Still felt weird. I make a really weird face when I do these. I think I'll stick with deadlifts for training my traps for now.

borracho
03-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Still felt weird. I make a really weird face when I do these. I think I'll stick with deadlifts for training my traps for now.

A friend of mine loved making fun of me because I would make weird faces as well. In my fatter days, my cheeks would jiggle a bit...good times good times.

killxswitch
03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
A friend of mine loved making fun of me because I would make weird faces as well. In my fatter days, my cheeks would jiggle a bit...good times good times.

No cheek jiggling here. Just involuntary facial contortions. Sometimes that can look cool or at least like I"m working hard. This just looks stupid and awkward.

Coke
03-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Nice and varied effort man, glad to see you greenlight the squats - they'll be coming around.

POWERLIFTER87
03-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Everything looks good overall. The benching will come.

Don't think about squatting 315, just squat it. If you miss, big deal- just drop it on the safety bars.

I think you should keep doing pullups and shrugs, too. I really wish I would have done pullups when I weighed less, maybe then I could get more than 3 now. As far as shrugs, I just think deadlifts don't hit traps the same way as shrugs can.

pulse
03-13-2008, 02:13 PM
We need a picture of this so-called shrug face. Haha. Nice effort man. Are you back down with the 225 squats to work on form or did I miss some kinda injury or something?

Also Ive never tried a walkout what do u just put the weight on like you would squat... go back into position then walk back and rerack it?

killxswitch
03-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Nice and varied effort man, glad to see you greenlight the squats - they'll be coming around.

Thanks Coke. I'll be going heavy (for me) soon again.

Everything looks good overall. The benching will come.

Don't think about squatting 315, just squat it. If you miss, big deal- just drop it on the safety bars.

I think you should keep doing pullups and shrugs, too. I really wish I would have done pullups when I weighed less, maybe then I could get more than 3 now. As far as shrugs, I just think deadlifts don't hit traps the same way as shrugs can.

Yep. I just gotta keep at it. I think dips will help. I decided to keep pullups, still not sold on shrugs. We'll see. And you have a point, the worst that could happen is I bail and the pins catch the bar, big f-ing deal.

We need a picture of this so-called shrug face. Haha. Nice effort man. Are you back down with the 225 squats to work on form or did I miss some kinda injury or something?

Also Ive never tried a walkout what do u just put the weight on like you would squat... go back into position then walk back and rerack it?

Yeah I'm sure you'd like that. However, I'm not in the habit of embarrassing myself on purpose, so don't hold your breath :D I took a bit of time off to work on my house, and during that I tweaked my left knee, which already has problems. So I just wanted to take it easy on my first session back. It felt fine, though.

Yeah for walkouts you just unrack, walk out like you would normally to let your CNS feel some heavier weight, then re-rack it.

jed
03-13-2008, 07:56 PM
cool work man. nice about the face haha. my face doenst really get goofy looking, just really red and kind of psycho which is sweet. i have the forehead veins and a few on my temples and face gets red so its pretty cool. take a snapshot next time :)

OGROK
03-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Just curious man, how deep are you taking these squats? I think you should squat ATG if possible.

Also, I think you need to take a look at your diet. You are only eating around 2000 calories a day. You are going to need somewhere between 3500 and 5000 calories to gain muscle. Right now you are cutting, not bulking. And you are getting less than half as much protein as you need.

BTW some nice progress in here.

killxswitch
03-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Just curious man, how deep are you taking these squats? I think you should squat ATG if possible.

Also, I think you need to take a look at your diet. You are only eating around 2000 calories a day. You are going to need somewhere between 3500 and 5000 calories to gain muscle. Right now you are cutting, not bulking. And you are getting less than half as much protein as you need.

BTW some nice progress in here.

Hey Ogrok, thanks for stopping in. Don't take my fitday info from yesterday as any indication of my diet, I never finished entering all my food. The days before it are more indicative of how I eat: usually around 3700-4000 calories and nearly 1 g of protein per lb. of body weight.

For my squats on Wednesday I did go ATG, which was a first for me. I felt it more in my hamstrings and glutes than I have before. I usually try go to just below parallel.

killxswitch
03-14-2008, 05:21 AM
cool work man. nice about the face haha. my face doenst really get goofy looking, just really red and kind of psycho which is sweet. i have the forehead veins and a few on my temples and face gets red so its pretty cool. take a snapshot next time :)

Heh, we'll see. It's hard to take a pic when I've got both hands busy holding a barbell, and i"m not sure I could make it on purpose. It's involuntary. I'd prefer 'psycho' to 'numbnuts'.

killxswitch
03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
3/15/07

Bench:

bar x 10 x 2
65 x 5
95 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 5
155 x 4 +1
155 x 5

Not sure what was up with this. First set of 155 felt heavy. 2nd set felt really, really heavy. 3rd set felt ok and I shot through it pretty quick.

Deadlift:

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
320 x 5 (+5 lbs over last time)

Not bad. 275 felt a lot heavier than it did last time, but I still added 5 lbs. to my final set. 325 next time. I tore a big chunk out of my right shin. When I took off my pants in the locker room blood was running down my leg, looked very hardcore.

Incline DB press:

30 x 10
35 x 5
40 x 5

I wasn't sure where to start with these, as I haven't done them in years. I was really tired at this point from deads but the weight was still going up easy. However, the gym was closing so I ran out of time. No pull ups today, which is too bad.

Overall not bad. Bench was just weird, but I feel like 160 will be very doable next week.

edit: damn I took in 5300 calories today. Not exactly good calories either. I'm so undisciplined on the weekends.

RedSpikeyThing
03-16-2008, 08:43 AM
nice pulling man. 320 for 5 is some good strength. Benching is looking good as well.

jed
03-16-2008, 11:12 AM
awesome deads! hopefully just a goofy bench day today and youll kill it next time!

pulse
03-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow those are strong deads man! GJ!

killxswitch
03-16-2008, 07:09 PM
nice pulling man. 320 for 5 is some good strength. Benching is looking good as well.

Thanks spikey. I think my problem with bench so far is in my head so I'm just shutting up and doing it.

awesome deads! hopefully just a goofy bench day today and youll kill it next time!

Thanks jed, deads were tough but the weight wasn't THAT bad. Hoping for 350 by April, but we'll see. Yeah I dunno what's up with bench, just gotta stay stubborn.

Wow those are strong deads man! GJ!

Thanks pulsey. I think DL is one of the few exercises I have figured out. Now watch for my hernia next week :D

Coke
03-17-2008, 06:01 AM
... damn I took in 5300 calories today. Not exactly good calories either. I'm so undisciplined on the weekends.

Good deal man, lol - :D

borracho
03-17-2008, 03:34 PM
pretty soon you're gonna be hitting 405 on the DL's buddy..you're making serious progress there

killxswitch
03-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Good deal man, lol - :D

Ha, yeah I guess. Thanks for stopping in Coke.

pretty soon you're gonna be hitting 405 on the DL's buddy..you're making serious progress there

That's the goal by December of this year. Though I think I can hit it earlier if I keep at it.

Kiaran
03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Really solid deadlifting, bro. Don't you love it when you **** your shins up? The wife is always like "oh my god, what the hell did you do?!" At least you know you have the bar in the right position though. Hate it when the gym closes on you. Nice job on the calorie intake there. 5K is insane! Gonna be many a massive **** tomorrow, lol....sorry over the line...laf...

killxswitch
03-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Really solid deadlifting, bro. Don't you love it when you **** your shins up? The wife is always like "oh my god, what the hell did you do?!" At least you know you have the bar in the right position though. Hate it when the gym closes on you. Nice job on the calorie intake there. 5K is insane! Gonna be many a massive **** tomorrow, lol....sorry over the line...laf...

HA! I didn't take notes, but you're probably right about that. Thanks for the props and the, uh, analysis, K.

killxswitch
03-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Feeling sick, no gym for me tonight.

Kiaran
03-18-2008, 08:30 PM
feel better, man.

killxswitch
03-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks K. Between the Chinese, the spaghetti, and the 11 servings of peanuts I ate today, I've got some major ring of fire issues as well as heartburn and barfing. I'm going to bed.

jed
03-18-2008, 09:28 PM
hope u get better man. ive been feelin kinda sick cuz my crappy diet too. <--- pun.

Kiaran
03-18-2008, 10:43 PM
I told ya that 5K calories was gonna catch up to you :D

frank
03-20-2008, 04:04 PM
3/15/07

Bench:

bar x 10 x 2
65 x 5
95 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 5
155 x 4 +1
155 x 5

Not sure what was up with this. First set of 155 felt heavy. 2nd set felt really, really heavy. 3rd set felt ok and I shot through it pretty quick.

Deadlift:

135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
320 x 5 (+5 lbs over last time)

Not bad. 275 felt a lot heavier than it did last time, but I still added 5 lbs. to my final set. 325 next time. I tore a big chunk out of my right shin. When I took off my pants in the locker room blood was running down my leg, looked very hardcore.

Incline DB press:

30 x 10
35 x 5
40 x 5

I wasn't sure where to start with these, as I haven't done them in years. I was really tired at this point from deads but the weight was still going up easy. However, the gym was closing so I ran out of time. No pull ups today, which is too bad.

Overall not bad. Bench was just weird, but I feel like 160 will be very doable next week.

edit: damn I took in 5300 calories today. Not exactly good calories either. I'm so undisciplined on the weekends.

i wouldnt deadlift and bench in the same day but why are you starting with the bar for bench? start at 95x5 for warmup then you can go to 135 or 115 if you feel uncomfortable making a jump. anything below that is a waste of energy.

killxswitch
03-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the input failed. That's what the program calls for, though, and a lot of people have been pretty successful with it.

3/21

Squat:

bar x 10 x 2
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5 x 2
275 x 1

TOTALLY gassed after this. It's been too long since I did heavy squats consistently. 2/26. Damn, almost a month. In that case I'm ok with it.

Millies (or overhead press or whatever):

bar x 10
65 x 5
85 x 5
100 x 5 x 3

Felt good. My shoulders seem to rise to the occasion pretty well. 105 next time.

BO Barbell rows:

bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 5
160 x 5 x 2

Shouldn't have done 135 x 5, I could've gotten 3 sets of 160 x 5 otherwise. I think.

Shrugs:

25 x 10
75 x 5
115 x 5
180 x 5
205 x 5
255 x 5

Tried a shrug machine tonight. It felt less awkward than barbell shrugs. No shrug face. Should I not be doing these with machines? I really had no idea what my limit would be so I just kept doing sets of 5 and upping the weight til it felt right.

Abs:

3 x 10 of decline situps

Post-workout drink:

Beer x 1

Coke
03-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Maintained nice numbers for the squats, all else is well too dude.

killxswitch
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Maintained nice numbers for the squats, all else is well too dude.

Thanks Coke. I feel like now is the time for a big push in all my lifts. Enough screwing around, time to make the most of my newbie gains while I still can.

jed
03-21-2008, 12:53 PM
good workout yesterday man. very nice squats!

Kiaran
03-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Two sets of 275x5? Damn, that's some good workin there. Nice work on those rows too, dude. lol about the "shrug face"; totally know what you're talking about. I don't think I would even bother with the machine, rather do the DBs if you got em'.

POWERLIFTER87
03-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Looks like a decent session. Nice squatting. You're pretty damn strong on the overhead pressing. Won't be long before you have a big bench too.

As far as the shrug machine, I don't see anything wrong with it. I would choose barbell or dbs first. There was always one hs shrug machine I really liked at the first gym I trained at. Haven't seen any other ones comparable to it again or worth the effort though.

pulse
03-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I sometimes use a shrug machine but im definately switching to dbs after my grip problems the other day. That way im getting more out of them. Obviously once u outgrow the dbs you will have to use a barbell but I dont see why that would be a problem at all. :p

killxswitch
03-22-2008, 06:02 PM
good workout yesterday man. very nice squats!

Thanks bro. Not too bad considering a flaked out on them for almost a month.

Two sets of 275x5? Damn, that's some good workin there. Nice work on those rows too, dude. lol about the "shrug face"; totally know what you're talking about. I don't think I would even bother with the machine, rather do the DBs if you got em'.

Thanks K, the squats were harder than I felt like it should have been, but alright. I'm thinking about DBs. I'd really rather just use a bar, so I may give it another shot.

Looks like a decent session. Nice squatting. You're pretty damn strong on the overhead pressing. Won't be long before you have a big bench too.

As far as the shrug machine, I don't see anything wrong with it. I would choose barbell or dbs first. There was always one hs shrug machine I really liked at the first gym I trained at. Haven't seen any other ones comparable to it again or worth the effort though.

Thanks PL87, especially for the OH press comment. I think the benching is on its way. I'm gonna give both barbell and DBs another shot. I do really like the HS machine, but I'm missing out on some grip training that I know I need.

I sometimes use a shrug machine but im definately switching to dbs after my grip problems the other day. That way im getting more out of them. Obviously once u outgrow the dbs you will have to use a barbell but I dont see why that would be a problem at all. :p

Hey pulse, thanks for stopping in bro. That's the only reason I have for still trying DBs or barbell, for the grip training. Plenty of people use them, so I'm sure I can get used to it.

killxswitch
03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
3/22/08

Bench:

bar x 10
95 x 5
135 x 5
160 x 5 x 2 (+5 lbs from last time)
160 x 4 (missed 5th rep)
160 x 1

Finally made a bit of headway. I was pissed I didn't get a legit 3x5 at 160, but 4+1 is ok. If I'd rested a bit more I would've gotten all 5.

Deads:

135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
325 x 4 (+5 lbs from last time, BARELY missed 5th rep, lost right hand grip just before lockout)
325 x 1, solid

So damn close, I just lost it for whatever reason. My grip is holding me back, I think I can pull more than this. I hate my little girl wrists.

Incline DB Press:
40 x 10
45 x 5 x 3

I think it's good that I added incline or dips (whichever I feel like) to my BP day. Weights went up fast but were wobbly at the top.

Lat Pull:

90 x 10
105 x 5
120 x 5
135 x 5 x 3

I didn't know what I could do here so I did more warmup work than I needed to. Including these and assisted pullups (again, whichever I feel like) has been nice.

Hyperextensions:

BW x 10
+25 x 5 x 3
+45 x 10

Not sure about these. I had some extra time so I gave em a shot. I like doing them, but the added weight even after deadlifting didn't really feel heavy enough. Should I look at a higher rep range? Trying to hang on to two plates seems like a bad idea, I'm sure I'd drop one like an idiot at some point.

Overall a good workout, plenty of energy and I'm glad I finally added some weight to bench. 225 x 5 x 3 will be mine before the end of the year.

edit: weighed in at 242 today. I'll assume that weight gain is muscle. :D

Kiaran
03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Some kick ass **** with that bench. Getting that stubborn thing to move up! If hypers are cake, I'd say either just do Goodmornings, or find another core move to do instead (Glute Ham Raises or Reverse Hypers?). 225x5x3 would be freaking awesome, dude.

On those deadlifts: are you working on sqeezing that bar as hard as you can before every lift and are you still using that mixed grip? Also, you aren't using straps, right? Those will only hinder progress, as you probably already know. Stick with it, bro, the grip will catch up quick. Wrist size has little to do with it, but I understand what you're saying, lol. My wrists are tiny, like 6-7" around and you've seen what I do with em.

killxswitch
03-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Some kick ass **** with that bench. Getting that stubborn thing to move up! If hypers are cake, I'd say either just do Goodmornings, or find another core move to do instead (Glute Ham Raises or Reverse Hypers?). 225x5x3 would be freaking awesome, dude.

On those deadlifts: are you working on sqeezing that bar as hard as you can before every lift and are you still using that mixed grip? Also, you aren't using straps, right? Those will only hinder progress, as you probably already know. Stick with it, bro, the grip will catch up quick. Wrist size has little to do with it, but I understand what you're saying, lol. My wrists are tiny, like 6-7" around and you've seen what I do with em.

Thanks K, felt good to finally get somewhere with bench. I'll look into the GHRs and reverse hypers and such. For whatever reason I've never wanted to do GMs.

I don't always consciously squeeze the bar hard, no. I should. I am using the mixed grip, and I am NOT using straps. I don't have any. The problem I have is keeping my thumb wrapped across my fingers. I may have to break down and by some grip trainers, we'll see.

Yeah, my wrists are so puny. Even if I eventually get jacked one day my wrists will look stupid on a large forearm.

pulse
03-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Nice workout man. I too am in the small wrist club. I can reach around them and touch my middle finger to my thumb thats how small they are. For grip I tried what you told me and used left hand under right hand over and I had no problem friday holding on to 315. Good to see your adding in a few extra things too. Im sure those will help you!

MJay
03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I can reach around them and touch my middle finger to my thumb thats how small they are.

Me too, but only on one side strangely.

Theres obviously alot of hard work being put in here. Whats your physique/weight like now?

Keith
03-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Great stuff in here.

That's a BIG dead compared to your bench. Strong posterior chain?

Indifference
03-23-2008, 07:06 PM
nice pullin big guy! those deads are gettin pretty beefy for sure and youll definitely be hittin 4 plates in not too long at this rate

jed
03-23-2008, 08:31 PM
good work there yeserday man. glad to see improvement on both big three lifts! (<--- a paradox?)

killxswitch
03-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice workout man. I too am in the small wrist club. I can reach around them and touch my middle finger to my thumb thats how small they are. For grip I tried what you told me and used left hand under right hand over and I had no problem friday holding on to 315. Good to see your adding in a few extra things too. Im sure those will help you!

Hey pulsey, thanks for dropping by. Glad to hear alternating your grip worked out. I think the accessory exercises I'm adding will indeed help me out.

Me too, but only on one side strangely.

Theres obviously alot of hard work being put in here. Whats your physique/weight like now?

What's up MJay, thanks for stopping in. Weight was at 242 yesterday. Seeing a lot of growth and definition in my shoulders, traps, and legs. I'm probably at around 23-25% BF, which is not good, but I'm focusing on increasing strength right now, not cutting. In the past I've been able to drop fat fairly quickly if I put my mind to it. I have love handles and a gut, I'm definitely no fashion model :D

Great stuff in here.

That's a BIG dead compared to your bench. Strong posterior chain?

Thanks for dropping by Keith! I agree on dead vs. bench. You could say I have a strong posterior chain, or you could say my chest is just weak and lagging behind. I think it's the latter, but maybe I'm just being negative.

nice pullin big guy! those deads are gettin pretty beefy for sure and youll definitely be hittin 4 plates in not too long at this rate

Hey, thanks bro. Deads are rolling along, just gotta work on my crush grip strength. 4 plates will be awesome.

good work there yeserday man. glad to see improvement on both big three lifts! (<--- a paradox?)

Word, jed, thanks for the comments. A paradox indeed, but I'm picking up what you're putting down. I will have to fight tooth and nail for every ounce of improvement I make in bench, but I just gotta do it.

Coke
03-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Nice lifting overall bro.

killxswitch
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Nice lifting overall bro.

Thanks Coke, it's getting better little by little.

killxswitch
03-25-2008, 04:27 PM
3/25/08

Squat
bar x 10 x 2
135 x 5
225 x 5 x 3

OH press:
bar x 10
65 x 5
95 x 5
105 x 3

T-Bar rows (machine):
empty x 10
1 plate x 5
2 plates x 5

What a crap workout today. I got about 4 hrs of sleep last night and didn't eat anything til 1:00 pm today (McDonald's, another stellar choice). I did not prepare well. I was just sluggish and decided to end things early as I was in a hurry anyway. I shouldn't have even bothered.

Keith
03-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Everyone has these days. Just gotta make sure to make up for it the next time this session comes around.

RedSpikeyThing
03-25-2008, 06:03 PM
nah man, getting them in when you don't want to counts the most. As long as you're pushing yourself, that's all that matter. Keep it up!

jed
03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
but you did bother, and thats what makes u better than the average joe man. good work!

Indifference
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
hey man at least you went, most people wouldnt have, and thats why you can smash them and eat them.

Kiaran
03-25-2008, 10:37 PM
I find my workouts don't go so well on little to no sleep/food either. Consider it an accomplishment for making it to the gym on that one, bro. You'll nail it next time. Rest up.

pulse
03-26-2008, 12:37 AM
At least you still had it in you to go to the gym. That shows just how dedicated you are. :)

borracho
03-26-2008, 07:05 AM
YO!

Glad to see you're still adding on the presses dude...keep up the hard work.

Coke
03-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Props for getting in there to pull off the effort, these days count man.

POWERLIFTER87
03-26-2008, 09:31 AM
All you can do is learn from it and prepare better next time. Nice work getting some lifting done though.

borracho
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
...dude, ya alright?

jed
04-09-2008, 08:11 PM
yeah, u need to get back at us bro...

Indifference
04-09-2008, 11:02 PM
yap, get back here!

jed
05-04-2008, 10:53 PM
come