PDA

View Full Version : 1st meet!!!

chinaz
01-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Hey guys, i havent been on here in years!!

posted pics on this btw -

Well, yesterday was my first power lifting meet.
I got 1st in my weight class, beat the others in my weight class by 50 or more.

It was great. I had 1 red light on my first lift ( squat )
because i took my wraps off as soon as i racked the bar.
My coach didnt tell me i couldnt do that : /
but it was one red light out of 3, so i still got it.
I didn't give it my all yesterday, my coach wanted to save that for my next meet. idk why...

Anywho,
i need major help on my beach and my dead lift.
( mostly bench )
i can only bench 115.
i only did 105 yesterday.
Coach put the wrist wraps on me on my 1st bench lift and i couldnt even get 95 with the wraps on. i took them off, then i got it.

How can i increase my dead lift and my bench?

yesterdays total
beach - 105
squat - 225
bead lift - 200

garjagan
01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
if you can squat over double your body weight your hamstrings, glutes and back must be fairly strong. I can't understand why your deadlift is weaker than your squat. I know that's often the case with experienced lifters, but for me (only been seriously training around the big 3 for about 5-6 months) - my DL is my strongest lift by a long shot.

What's stopped you pulling heavier on the deads. Grip? Shoulders? Or something else?

chinaz
01-20-2008, 10:53 AM
if you can squat over double your body weight your hamstrings, glutes and back must be fairly strong. I can't understand why your deadlift is weaker than your squat. I know that's often the case with experienced lifters, but for me (only been seriously training around the big 3 for about 5-6 months) - my DL is my strongest lift by a long shot.

What's stopped you pulling heavier on the deads. Grip? Shoulders? Or something else?

Its my stupid little hands...

garjagan
01-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Its my stupid little hands...

Go nuts on some grip work.

Plate pinches, the hole shabang!

The Diesel Crew (strength training maniacs) seem to specialize in crazy grip training methods. You could google them and see any of their stuff might help.

CleverName
01-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Wow, nice squat! :D

Guido
01-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Nice job on your first meet. I second doing plenty of grip work. Not sure if you use any sort of equipment, but that would explain your squat being higher. Still, work on getting the lower back strength up and lockout strength. Things that I've found help the deadlift (aside from deadlifting itself) are rack pulls, good mornings, leg press, pull throughs, and stiff legged deads.

As far as bringing up your bench, I'd really work on tricep strength. Anything that mimics the bench motion most closely will help you the most. Close grip bench, board presses, rack lockouts, and also dips are good things to do to increase your bench.

Good luck!

Stumprrp
01-20-2008, 03:17 PM
your really strong! great job

Chris Rodgers
01-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Great job! Was this a santioned meet? School meet? Team Meet? Any records?

I am not sure about that wrap rule. Generally, we remove the knee wraps very quickly after the attempt and I have never seen anyone in any federation get red-lighted for that. :confused:

90kg_pwrlftr
01-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Congrats on the meet.

First I have ever heard of that rule with wraps. odd

chinaz
01-21-2008, 06:07 PM
the whole wraps thing is just stupid.

oh, and i girl got dq because she had a hair tie on her wrist.

crazy no??

chinaz
01-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Great job! Was this a santioned meet? School meet? Team Meet? Any records?

I am not sure about that wrap rule. Generally, we remove the knee wraps very quickly after the attempt and I have never seen anyone in any federation get red-lighted for that. :confused:

school meet, it was awesome : D
loads of fun.

records??

Sensei
01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
I am not sure about that wrap rule. Generally, we remove the knee wraps very quickly after the attempt and I have never seen anyone in any federation get red-lighted for that. :confused:Yes, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Killa Kurt
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Congrats.

vdizenzo
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Very solid performance. Congratulations!

chinaz
01-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys.

Sidior
01-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Congrats! 1st place is a great achievement.

chinaz
01-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Congrats! 1st place is a great achievement.

thanks a bunch.

lets hope i make it to state.

Guido
01-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Congrats on the meet.

First I have ever heard of that rule with wraps. oddYeah I've never heard of that either. You should try lifting in a real fed aside from a school sanctioned meet. You'd probably do quite well.

chinaz
01-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah I've never heard of that either. You should try lifting in a real fed aside from a school sanctioned meet. You'd probably do quite well.

that would be nice.

but how?