PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 6'8" 400lbs.

mstgkillr
01-20-2008, 02:16 PM
I am currently 28 years old 6'8" and 400lbs. I want to be healty and I know I need to drop alot of weight. I have been lifting 4 days a week for about 6 months and using the program I remember from high school football. I bench around 400, squat around 500, no deadlifts. I eat like crap. Please help me with my new diet. What exactly should I eat for my size. My goal is to get down to 275 lbs. How much can I safely drop per week. Design my menu. Thanks.

deeder
01-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Given that you are 400lbs you can probably drop about 3lbs a week without losing to much strength/muscle mass. No one is going to design you a menu. If you can't do it to lose weight how will you know what to do when you've lost the weight you wanted to and want to maintaining it?!

Do some reading in the diet/nutrition section here... Here are some general guidelines to follow:

1 - 1.5g of protein per pound of lean body mass (so lets say you are 40% bodyfat then you'd probably want to try for 300+ grams of protein given your weight)

.5 - 0.75g of fat per pound of lean body mass (again, if you were 40% bodyfat at that weight you should aim for about 150g of HEALTHY fats)

Fill in the rest with some healthy carbs like oats, potatoes, veggies, etc..

There are a couple members around here that have lost considerable amounts of weight since joining our community or before. Don't let yourself get discouraged and when you have questions we'll be here to answer them. Just remember we can't do all the work for you. You've got to put some effort into learning ;) Start with the search function :thumbup:

Oh, also... What's your routine look like? We might need to get you on something better :ninja:

Guido
01-20-2008, 02:47 PM
Nobody can design a menu for you without knowing a lot more specific information. What are you eating now? What are you doing for workouts exactly? How many calories are you taking in each day? What is your basal metabolic rate (BMR)? Check out Fitday.com if you want to find those things out, or go to a certified dietician and get it figured out.

At least if you tell us what your current diet is we can make some general suggestions, maybe.

VikingWarlord
01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Read the stickies.

caseymajor
01-20-2008, 03:26 PM
If you just look at the top of the boards on the stickies they have a lot of usefull information for diet and training programs. Since you weight 400lbs I would guess you would need at least 6-7 small meals a day. It would be great to know what you eat right now, how your training is, your stats, and what is your future goals? I would love to help out any way possible, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING OUR BODIES

Torrok
01-20-2008, 03:38 PM
http://whfoods.org/foodstoc.php = yum, eat this stuff