PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my diet and lifting!

Shameless
01-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi guys,

Right I have been working out all week with my new diet and weights and want to know if I'm eating enough / not enough / calories / fat etc so I can optimize myself for the best I can.

I weigh 141.82 lbs and want to gain muscle all over and lose the excess gut I have.

I'm doing cardio twice a week and weight lifting every other day (just until I get used to it). I'm also having 1 or 2 protein shakes a day at the appropriate times. I have attached a typical food diary for a day along with the daily % intakes. I've also attached a picture of my horrible body!

So any tips on when I should eat in regards to when I weight train or do cardio plus anything else would be a bonus!

Thanks for your help guys.

Mark

caseymajor
01-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Looks like you done a little studing on your foods because you have a good list. By the looks of your pic you seem pretty skinny so I would bump up the cals and drop the cardio only 1 day a week. What is your training look like, and what are your future goals you want to reach?

Shameless
01-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks mate, yeah I've had a lot of sound advice and done my research. My routine is roughly...full body workout on the weights for about 45 minutes every other day. Then cardio...once or twice a week which is just a 20 min jog or on the trampoline. I do a lot of walking to and from work too. My legs are my best features, they're quite muscular so it's more about from the waist upwards for me, especially pecks.

To sum up the perfect body and what I'm aiming for is quite realistic (I think!!) - I've attached an image of the body I'm aiming for.

Shall I keep up with this routine with a few more calories etc. How long realistically will it take to achieve that body?

ddegroff
01-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Shall I keep up with this routine with a few more calories etc. How long realistically will it take to achieve that body?

Just keep doing what your doing. Work hard and it will pay off.

quite
01-22-2008, 02:38 PM
shameless im workin on doin exactly as you are... weigh quite similar, probably similar age (16) hit me up with a pm or something if u wanna chat

caseymajor
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Deff possible for what you want to get. Keep your workout the same and cardio 2xweek since it is just 20min. What kinda supps are you taking right now?